Have you ever been called ugly? Did/Do you believe that you are?

I've been called it to my face, and yeah I believe it somewhat.

• Yes, Yes
  • Yes, No
  • No, Yes
  • No, No

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really know if I ever was told anything in regards to my looks growing up. I just kind of did my own thing and managed to get not many compliments or insults on my looks.

I don't know how, but at some point in high school I ended up translating this to "people don't want to associate with me... Probably since I'm ugly." At first, I tried to shake it off and say something like "that's alright. I'll make do with whatever. I'll make it by," but I wasn't quite satisfied with that. That spiraled into at some point a depression stemming from loneliness and feeling of self loathing. Naturally, I thought I was pretty ugly at that point-- even if someone were to compliment me I thought they were just trying to be friendly and didn't mean it.

However, I'm better since then. It's not like I think I'm the epitome of awesomeness, but I think I'm perhaps a little higher than average in terms of looks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I was called fat and ugly by a boy in middle school and I was devastated. But then he got arrested in high school lollll sucks to suck! People who do that are usually shitty humans - do not listen to them, I know it's hard, especially at your age. It'll matter a lot less when you're older because as you get older you get more comfortable with your body and who you are. But really, whoever is being mean to you, the problem is within them not you - something has to be really off in someone's life for them to decide to be so mean as to just straight up tell someone they're ugly. Stay strong girl!

What Guys Said 13

• I don't think I have but first things first both girls in your profile pic are lovely. When one person calls another person "Ugly", the most ugly thing in the room is their personality and they are full of self loathing then I feel sorry for them because it must be awfully hard to go through life hating yourself so much.
    To your question do I ever feel ugly well no because I hate the word and try not to use it but there are times I feel I might be good looking for my age etc and other times I mightn't feel so hot about myself looks wise. Honestly though it is not important to me, how I perceive my personality is much more important to me.
    Lastly at times it may seem the world is looks based but at the root of it is how you feel, if you are happy with yourself and your friends/family, the choices you have made, does it matter a damn what you look like whether you are a stunning supermodel or just normal like the rest of it, in fact the amount of unhappy stories you read about beautiful famous people, you would wonder are they really content with themselves, is it worth it?

• I can't remember being called ugly before

• People don't need to tell me these things, I know I am xD

But yes, a 8 year old boy called ugly once. I just laughed and told him to tell me something I didn't already know.

• nope, never

• Only by siblings. A very long time ago.

• did you believe them? and wait i'm assuming biological siblings meaning they in some way are calling themselves ugly?

• lol at least they didn't call you a whore

• It was but sibling quabbles, I see through the insults of others and directly into their soul, it doesn't/didn't faze me. @SweetHomicidalQueen no, whore is not a thing that I can say I've been called. ^.~

• Yeah lots of times.

• I see girls check me out but my little sister is always calling me ugly.

• Yes I have and I kinda believe it

• I used to be pretty ugly in middle school and high school but never been called ugly. Now I look pretty nice.

• I've been called ugly and yes I believe it.

• i'm gorgeous

• I was told I need to wear a hat to cover up my weak-ass hair :/

• Yes I have even been called repulsive and I believe it

What Girls Said 7

• i have, and yes at one point i did believe it. now I'm just learning to become comfortable with who i am =]

• Yeah siblings always calling me ugly LOL
    I don't really care though. Roll with the punches.
    And my friends call me cute so I guess it balances out. I personally think I'm below average though haha

• lmao yes girl don't get discouraged, and oh please i doubt you're below average.

• Nah dun worry about me c: I don't really care if I'm below avg

• Yea, I was constantly called ugly an if i tried to look good then i got ridiculed for that. I believed it for a long time but my boyfriend and friends are helpig me build my self esteem a lot, and im not letting it get ruined again

• Yes, I have been called ugly. Yes, I have thought I was ugly.

• Does my cousin count? My cousin said I was ugly once but then said he was kidding. And my brother says I am. But everyone else says I'm pretty, cute, or gorgeous.

• I've never been called that

• I wasn't called ugly and if someone called me ugly i would give a f*** which is why no one would call me ugly on the first place even if they think so , y'all should know that y'all are beautiful and if someone called you ugly they are just jealous and they don't know what beauty is