Being born ugly?

Okay so I'm very cautious about my looks, so one day I asked my best friend, and she's the friend who I trust a lot, like my sister, so I asked her if I was ugly and she's like "no" then I asked her to give an honest opinion and asked her if I was the ugliest girl in our grade and she's like "hmm... I guess you are the ugliest girl in our grade". So that kind of hurt me but I didn't complain because i asked her to give me her honest opinion. But I doubt she's lying... but just in case she was, I asked my other friend, who I don't trust very much since she's always gossiping about me once every so often and I told her that my sister-like best friend said I was the ugliest girl in my grade and she said "She never lies, trust her". So after I am very cautious about my looks and I'm very sad that I'm born so ugly, both of my friends that i trusted a lot said I was ugly. A lot of people say I'm talented (since I went on the city news a few times and got interviewed on tv a few times too for my talent), and smart (since I get pretty good grades, 90% of my grades are above 90%) and a lot of people say that my personality is amazing. But one day, i heard these people talking about me and this is what I heard
boy:Hey can you guess who I have a crush on?
girl: I bet it's (myname)
boy: No way! Ew!
And I bet he meant that because I am ugly.
Any tips on what I can do to make me feel better? Or if any of you have any situation similar to that?

Most Helpful Guy

• vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Trust me, you are not ugly, far from it. I don't know if everyone in your grade are assholes but the ones you associate yourself with are it seems. That being said, the only piece of advice I can give you is to stop caring so much about your looks. Don't let others define you and don't let others stupidity get to you.

• Thank you! It's hard to do that when people are constantly making fun of my looks though. They don't directly say it but they like stare at me in front of my face saying "Omg, I'm glad I'm not small eyed". And then towards me they act all nice. But they don't compliment me. And when I achieve something, they either ignore me or they deny it with an excuse. For example, the day before yesterday, I drew a drawing that a lot of people complimented me for our art assignement. But then when I got back home with my friend, since she came over to my house (same friend who said "trust her, she never lies" when my sister-like friend called me ugly) she started talking about how amazing her drawings were, and I agreed with her (but not to be arrogant, but her drawings were pretty bad) then i asked her if she liked my drawing for the same assignment, but all i had was the picture since I already handed it in and she said "I usually don't take that good pictures. Your photography skills are good."

• And she complimented my photography skills and blamed it on her phone for why her drawings don't look as good as mine on the internet when I took the picture with an iphone at a bad lighting. And the real drawing (in my opinion) looked a lot better than the photo.

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

No problem. And your eyes are attractive. At your age, many people feel that those who look trashy and superficial as what is best. Just continue to focus on your studies. I am sure your looks will blossom.

Most Helpful Girl

• Who gives a fuck about what others think or say about you? You need to avoid these toxic people. I was in a similar position to you when I was 14, however was never bullied for my looks so was never really insecure. But then again, I always had put up a "I don't give a fuck about you" mentality. Looking back now, I can honestly say I was one of the "ugliest" girls in my grade (I'll send you a before and after picture of me if you want). Now I'm 19 and had just gotten into make up and fitness. I'm so glad I was not so hung up on my looks during my high school career, and the fact that everyone in my grade was kind, because I think that would've had a detrimental effect on my self-confidence, which would, as a result, negatively affect different aspects of my life.

The best thing to do here is to exude all the confidence you can and believe that you're better than everyone else. Judging by your achievements, you probably are. Looks take you no where in life. Just look forward to the future because you'll make better friends in uni, work, as you mature, from all walks of life, etc., and realise you were not alone in this.

You're not ugly. You will grow into your looks. You actually have soft features and I can see a lot of potential. Just focus on eating well and exercising, both physically and mentally.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm not going to lie and say you are a 10/10 supermodel but I honestly don't think you fit the description of ugly either :/

Well at least your face isn't, I dont know what your body is like but if you have weight issues that is mostly within your power to change.

• Your face looks very cute to me. My advice is not to worry about it, just keep doing whatever you feel most happiest and comfortable doing. It is much more attractive to see someone comfortable in their own skin than someone constantly changing when how they looked was okay in the first place.

• I'd like to add to what the other guys said. You also have to understand that guys' ideas of beauty and girls' ideas of beauty are not the same. Facially, you're not ugly, although you're not beautiful either. On the other hand, you're 14 and your features will change.

• Trust me, you are not ugly. You must be going to a school full of pretty girls if you are the most ugly.

• Okay, I want you to know that I did not read all of that only the first few sentences. You should really summarize. Anyways, just about every girl that I'm friends with that I've met in middle school were really unattractive to me looking back their middle school photos and they agree. Your face isn't finished growing and you'll look different. Do not let this bother you. Change your style, wear a little bit make up (do it right, and this goes a long way). Girls will usually look back at their old photos and say that they don't like the way they looked in High-School or middle-school.. it's not uncommon.

• You aren't even ugly..

• Your only 14 your face will get more defining feature. Seriously dont place too much importance on looks whether ur beautiful or not. You seem smart and have some talent so belive me that will make your life more fulfilling than hollow girls with pretty faces and 3 kids by 3 diff dads.
    You are not ugly. Maybe a little average looking for Chinese/Pinay?

• Yes!

• We can't help how we look. Just move on.

• I know that, but I wish I looked better so people wouldn't make fun of me... If I was prettier they wouldn't make fun of me though.

• Or they would make fun of you for a different reason.

• That's weird cuz you're very pretty.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• you're definitely not ugly. You are young and in an awkward stage where the girls around you may be starting to wear makeup and develop their own style as far as clothes. You shouldn't change for anyone, and it sounds like you have other great qualities, but if it will make you happier, maybe watch youtube makeup videos and just go to the mall for fun to try on clothes until you discover a 'style' that suits you and makes you feel like the best version of yourself :)

• Thank you, but one time I wore makeup to school, this girl started to make fun of me and called me insecure and cake face. Then when there was a drama project off of bullying, she made a project about this girl and who wears a ton of makeup and is the bully. And she meant it toward me to make fun of me. Since my neck is lighter than my face, I have light foundation and she makes fun of my light foundation in the project by making the bullies face completely white with no foundation on her neck and even had the bully copy my hairstyle. And in the end of her play, the bully ends up being insecure. And then I took off my makeup and she would still make fun of me by talking "behind my back" but clearly she was right in front of me and looking at me constantly while saying, "omg, I'm so glad I don't have such a fat nose and small eyes"

• Thank you! My mom bought 200$ dollar makeup at sophora but I get a lot of insults instead of compliments. And one of my friend's mom told my friend that since I'm tall it'll be hard for me to get a boyfriend. And then my friend told that to me while her mom was watching her and then her mom smiled. I was like "what? uh... okay". Like when I wear makeup, they touch my face and go like, "OMG YOU HAVE SO MUCH POWDER ON!" or they will be like "Makeup is bad for your skin!" And that same girl's mom went up to me and said "Don't wear makeup, it's bad for your skin!" or "if you feel ugly, than you have to take surgery, come to south korea to get some surgery!" or something rude and they don't even care. I feel like people are purposely being rude to me no matter what I do. I honestly don't like talking about my achievements and hardly ever do. When I get a good grade, lets say a perfect score, i would hide it. I will only tell my grade when someone asks me. People are still mean to me.

• by the way, sorry for my grammar issues, then* not than

• If that's you in your profile picture, then You are BEAUTIFUL!!

I PROMISE that they are wrong, even if that isn't you.

You need friends who make you love yourself, not hate yourself. Friends help boost your confidence, not tear you down, even if you ask them too.

• You won't look like that in your twneties. You will blossom.

• They're assholes. Don't pay attention to them. They're just jealous

• And then she said she's bad at taking pictures and it was just my photography skill. When in my opinion the drawing on the image was worse than my actual one. I took it with an apple phone.

• But I think for my sister like best friend was telling the truth. Because she never did anything to betray me before.