Do I have a scary "Gothic" look?

Okay, please be honest.

Ever since I've moved to a new city, I've had literally dozens of comments ranging from

"You look harsh"
"You look gothic"
"You look intense"

And many more. Now, I don't really take offence that much it's just when people assume I'm scary or dark that they don't want to get to know me. For example, I had been talking to this guy who I met through a friend and when he met me he was acting intimidated then later stopped talking to me... my friend said it was because It was because I looked pretty harsh lol

In no way am I mean or scary, in fact I'm quite girly. I'm naturally pale and have dark hair because of my russian (Siberian) heritage and don't see the need for fake tan or anything. I'm like 6ft too and slim so maybe i look a little scary? I find it funny in a way.

The image I'm about to show you, i'm just wearing powder and some eye makeup but it's very minimal. And also I do smile but this is my resting face.

Anyway, do you have any tips OTHER than tanning to look more friendlier/less dark & witchy lol?

Thanks

http://tinypic.com/r/2whikhf/9

(Please don't add this photo into the comments & I'd like to delete it soon)
Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you look beautiful - I don't think it would intimidate me maybe I might notice a 6' girl along the lines of "You don't see that often" - Sometimes I find the effect of goths are just seeing something different and maybe picking words like scary or intense are the wrong descriptive words - Over the years I have often turned my head to look at goths because they are interesting to look at anyways over the years some of the nicest people I met have been goths and I was have a lot of time for them.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• WOW 😍 <3 you are BEAAAAAUTIFUL young lady <3 🌹

Gothic etc is BS, it's the insecure that wind up branding stuff as scary etc. You for sure can carry off a Gothic look but this isn't it. You are plain beautiful with awesome features to die for <3

• personally i like your look and you dont seem any of the tings they said to describe you. if they dont like you for the person you are they dont deserve to know you at all.

• Just don't wear it to much that look

• I can kinda see what they're talking about. Maybe it's because you remind me of Amy Lee from Evanescence, which is kind of a gothic-ish band.

• There is no pic.

• No, you look like the kind of nice, sexy, cool, slightly gothic girl. Like the girl next door type

• you are beautiful , you also look like dangerous girl who dont play around , there is nothing wrong with you , do not care how people see you you are beautiful

• Seems like you're probably pretty hot!

• very beautiful

• http://oi64.tinypic.com/2whikhf.jpg

OP being scary as shit

• I specifically stated that I did NOT want my photo added any where else other than the link.

• You're welcome.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't see anaything scary. It reflects your character and the combination of dress and hair colour is perfect. Also your face has the good proportions for long hair.

• You don't look scary or too gothic like. You are beautiful.

• No, but maybe you could smile more :)

• You don't look gothic at all

• You do look like you are rather on the dark side, but you are quite pretty. If you do a side part with your hair rather than a middle one and use other colors that are much lighter for makeupr, you will be even more pretty and won't get comments like that. Best if luck pretty ❤