Why wasn't Jim carrey ever seen as a sex symbol?

Why wasn't Jim carrey ever seen as a sex symbol?

I mean he had a chiselled jaw, almond shaped eyes with marginal hooding, a nice nose and a wide palate smile with medium sized well shaped lips.

Also 6'2", broad framed and great body but yeah he got wrinkly and old looking now coz of all the weird laughing and funny face

Updates:
I mean I look at Matt damon, george clooney, david gandy, Harry styles etc who look like total losers compared to this guy and yet have always been considered super hot like wtf is wrong with people

1|0
3|5

Most Helpful Girl

• He's too goofy to be hot

0|0
    0|0
    • So it's Hollywood depiction of him lol? Proves my point how media can influence a thought process so much

• Well, he's also not hot. I mean look at the ears and the smile. All goofy. Not just his roles. There's a reason why he plays comedic parts so often and not George clooney

• David gandy and Sean o pry have MUCH worse smiles (Google Sean o pry smile) and they are top male models, nobody gives a fuck how u look while u smile and he does have elvish ears but I doubt that really matters much especially coz that's the easiest thing to cover

Most Helpful Guy

• because of his roles.

0|0
    0|0
    • So he is proof that media can make just about make any guy a heartthrob if they want to

• Show All
    • I can see young Jim carrey at par with enrique iglesias given the same platform, not the best looking guy out there but pretty darn great

• i think its due to bandwagon mentality. look at starwars, before the announcement of starwars 7 it was for nerds, now its cool to like star wars. its all publication.

What Girls Said 2

• Good point although most actors in the comedy buisiness aren't thought of as sex symbols also in most of his roles he is wearing some or other ridiculous outfit or facial expression and I don't think people could ever look beyond that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess he was overshadowed by other celebs. He's not unattractive, but there's definitely men from his generation who top him looks wise.

0|0
    0|0
    • I see him at par with enrique iglesias I would say, same as yours, both good looking but not the best, I don't see what makes him much worse than zayn malik or brad pitt or Siddharth malhotra tier in looks. And he was overshadowed by Tom cruise and George clooney in his time which is hilarious as hell looking at them

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah he looks well in that young first pic

0|0
    0|0
    • i meant young jim carrey only lol, i actually think he would look good even today if he wasn't that goofy facing all the time. It increased his wrinkles and screwed up his eyes a lot, his natural genetics actually seem model tier

• He's weird as fuck, not that funny, kinda creepy... And he's Canadian 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because he's goofy as fuck...

0|0
    0|0
  • whats up somechutyia

0|0
    0|0