Is 5'2 short or average for a girl?

My weight is ideal to my height but I feel self-conscious about my height. Is it short or average?
Or course I know I can not change it, so be honest. If you say yes short, it does not bother me. Some guys think appearence does not matters so I will try to find them.

What is average?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a short dude 5'3 three quarters almost 5'4. I think I like girls shorter than myself lol and it sucks being this short, puberty forgot about my height for sure smh. I'd say fun size instead of short in a females case, don't get crazy about you height.

• Why i get crazy? :D if somebody loves you, he should not care you are short or average. He would love me instead of my shortness.
      + I prefer short guys :)

• u prefer short guys then lol u single? jk

Most Helpful Girl

• You're shorter than average

What Guys Said 13

• If you are talking about averages/statistics and stuff, it is below average at least in the US. (5'5" is about average if I recall.)

However, if you are worried about guys liking you, I think you'll be fine. I'm essentially 6'4" and I've had crushes on people 5'2" and all over the spectrum. Guys tend to be more against a girl being taller than them, but in general guys tend to be perfectly fine with girls shorter than them. I don't think that the height gap will be a turnoff or whatever. Many find short girls to be cute!

The disclaimer naturally is that each guy preference is different. I can only speak in generalizations and say that your height is perfectly fine :)

• So if average is 5'5, what is called short? Under 5'3?

• I heard it was 5'5," but I could very well be mistaken. Nevertheless, yeah-- 5'2" is a good height like I believe I said some times before lol

• if 5'5 is average, 5'3-5'7 is good range.

• i dont think so, seems fine.

• it is shorter than average, but not tiny. nothing wrong with it.

• What is average range? 2" belo average is not problem i think

• I think 5'6" is average for women, but i agree, there is not problem with your height.

• if average is 5'6, 5'4-5'8 is good range for a woman

• I have read that under 5'3" is classed as petite so my impression is that 5'2" is on the line of petite/average height.

• 2' under average is not petite i guess bıt below that is petite I guess

• Somewhat short. Nothing bad about it. Short girls tend to look more cute in my opinion.

• Hmm. What is considered normal? Above 5'3?

• Depends, if you're Asian then 5'1-2 is considered average. If you're American 5'4-5'5 is around average for females. I'm sure you can look up other averages for each countries, but those are the two I know off the top of my mind.

• I live in america and I am below average in america. is it short or still average? :/

• Short :(

• If average id 5'5 in US for a woman, I think 5'3-5'7 is ideal for a woman. Below 5'3 is short and above 5'7 is tall

• Its normal in my country.
    You shouldn't be worried about that. At least i don't really care about height that much.

• 5'2 is short but it doesn't matter at all to me. Short girls are really attractive to me

• It shouldn't matter for a right guy I guess. Nobody is perfect :3

• Luckily. :D I personally dont worry for guys who care appearence, that type is not for me :D

• That's good. Who you are as a person is definitely the most important thing. by the way you can message me anytime if you have any other questions or you want to talk. I can't do much until my back heals from my last surgery so I have plenty of time to talk

• Below average, but it's fine.

• so, not short? :D

• Short, but not a big deal. I don't think anyone would reject you because of your height. Your height is fine for a woman.

• duh.. of course. i think some people reject but some people dont think appearence matters at all, personality is more important.

• Well, 5'2 would be short compared to average, but some people (like myself) prefer shorter women

• Short for sure

• What is average?

• in US? :O

• YES , have you never met any 5'6 girl?😠

• You sound fine, pretty cute to me :) Hey do you mind if I drop you a message? :)

• 5'1-5'3 is the ideal height for the average man (5'7-5'9)

What Girls Said 6

• Average 5'4. Guys tend to like short girls :( so lucky you!!! I'm 5'8 at age 14!!

• Depends where you live. In southern countries you are normal, in nordic countries, you are to the shorter side.

• So ı shouldn't go to nordic countries :D in us?

• why not? There is no problem in being short. You have a "normal standard" heigth, but in some regions in the short side of the curve.

• I am 5'2" and no one has complained to me yet. They will sometimes poke fun at me for being elf sized but hey, whatever. :p

• I know I'm 5'2 and get called short pretty often. I've noticed I am a bit below average height too, so maybe I am. However, like you said, our heights not a bad thing. I'd embrace the short!

• Yeah, it is our imperfections to make us unique :D

• short, yes. but dont worry. true love does not care appearence, if somebody loves you he loves with even with you height.

• depends. Where do you live?
    US: not problem. only 2 in shorter than average so it makes you average.
    Netherlands: you are screwed.
    China: be happy you are tall.