Would You Still Date Me?

Okay. I'm 17 and I'm still single. I haven't every had a boyfriend. I am pretty confident but not always, especially about my looks. I have a few bumps on my left eye that have been there for quite a few years and my doctor says I can't treat them. They are kind of like skin tags but not quite. I am really self conscious about it and almost every new person I meet asks me about them which I really hate. Also, on my wrist I have a Ganglion. (Ganglion cysts are small, benign, fluid-filled sacs. They are found attached to joints, most commonly on the wrist, and present themselves as small lumps under the skin. ) The one I have cannot be operated on. They already tried and it didn't work. It is slightly bigger than the one shown in this picture and it makes it so I can't bend my wrist properly or put a lot of weight on it. (I can't do push ups) Could you still find someone attractive knowing these things?Would You Still Date Me?
-Christie

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes these facts don't put me off

• Hey thanks for the MHO! There's no way those things would put me off! I appreciate it must be hard for you but try not to be self conscious about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a little off putting, I'm not going to lie

What Guys Said 9

• Of course. Just about every woman I was into had some unsightly flaws.

For example, one of the most attractive women I ever dated had the ugliest mole on her ankle I had ever seen with a hair growing out of it. Didn't stop me from finding her just as attractive as I did before, maybe even more so because that imperfection kind of made her unique -- it was something I remembered fondly even after breaking up.

Obsessing over these things too much will tend to drive you to a state of madness where you can start to blame all lack of male attention on these blemishes, which then feeds your insecurity, and that insecurity is actually the bigger culprit often preventing you from getting boyfriends.

So it's worth lightening up and relax, accept what you can't change, and go with it. If you want, there are all kinds of things you can control to make you feel better, like hairstyle, make-up, fashion, fitness to boost your self-confidence and increase those odds that guys will notice you.

• I have some other flaws that I love, but my wrist and my eye cause people to ask me about them a lot and that just keeps reminding me about them. I have a diamond shaped scar on my back which I love. As well as a few birth marks. Usually those kind of things don't affect me but lately I have been teased about my wrist and eye. :)

• Good luck with that!

• It's been nice talking to you. Thanks for the opinion. :)

• Hi Christie - In question like this, I always say we all have insecurities for me my main one is I have a stutter - Of course it comes into your head how people perceive you or if you are single, is X, Y or Z the reason - Lets look at the facts you are 17, if you stepped back and looked at say the content of this forum, you will see a lot of 17 year olds or even older that have not had their first BF/GF yet - My advice don't think about the one or two things in your life that may or may not affect your chances, think of the main good things about you that would make you a good catch for a boy/girl - It is a cliché but be patient your time will come.

• Cysts and skin tags can be treated. I do not go to the doctors anymore for advice because they are trained from very old school books their methods are outdated. I only go there for meditations etc but like I said cysts and skin tags can be treated your doctor was wrong. I'd also probably date you depending on what you look and how well your health is your hygeine and how well you carry yourself. Skin tags or cysts are not enough to keep me away since they're easily treatable.

• Thanks. I've seen two doctors about my wrist and one (different from the other two) about my eye. They injected steroids into my wrist and it just came back, and my doctor said it would have been possible to try freezing my eyes things but not anymore. I am considering going to a specialist about my wrist though, because it does hurt to do some things because of the size of it. I'm not sure about the things on my eyes because they are you know, close to my eye. Also, the wording of your opinion made me smile. "are not enough to keep me away" :)

• For your cysts you may want to try liquid nitroge they work very well on cysts and this is a good site if you want to treat liquid nitrogen fitlife.tv/8-home-remedies-to-remove-skin-tags/
      And I'm glad I made you smile :)

• Nitrogen*

• Sure I can, attractiveness is very subjective, and you cannot decide whether a person is attractive or not just by reading a description or based on few defects that they have. So I could never know what is the criteria which makes a girl attractive to me.

• yeah i would still date a girl like you

• I would you date Christie..

• You will find someone don't worry too much about looks.

• Sure 😊
    Stop stressing

• What the fuck? why the hell are you so insecure?
    You are totally normal and fine. Imagine being a short male with bald head and fur growth on the whole body... I bet you would have committed suicide if you had all those

What Girls Said 0