(Pictures) Am I skinny?

Hello (:
i'm a (half) recovered and survivor of anorexia, My image of my self is not the best... Family/friends tell me i'm skinny but it's hard to bealive that they are just not saying that. I would really appreciate honest oppinions for it would help me greatly. I have a bmi of 17.77... Which indicatesthat i'm underweight. (18.5 being a healthy weight) I'm scared of going over 18.0. I'm 5"0 and 91 pounds, sometimes 90-93 depends on the day. I've gained 15 pounds since recovery.
(Pictures) Am I skinny?
Me after a full day of eating

Thanks for your help I appreciate it (:
have a wonderful day.

Most Helpful Guy

• I really think you're quite skinny -- it's most noticeable around your legs and arms, but I think part of the reason you might not see is because of your posture and lack of muscle mass. You're focusing on your abdomen at the moment which can become much tighter and won't grow as you eat if you build up some core muscles.

Women who are very healthy and skinny tend to have bodies that were carved through constant motion. They stand tall, erect, forming graceful lines. You don't get that by starving yourself, you only get a cheap imitation.

You can potentially reach your target weight and still look even skinnier then you do now if you start building up strength and flexibility in the correct places to hold your body firmly into shape.

It's worth noting that the closest criterion to universal beauty is health. Unfortunately it sometimes misfires or goes to extremes, but it follows the general idea of what society perceives as healthy. For example, there have been cultures where fat people were actually considered attractive, but those were cultures where people who weren't fat were often impoverished and malnourished people of lower social standing with a shorter life expectancy.

So if you want to be perceived as beautiful, the most universal way is to be healthy. If your body is constantly in motion and you're eating healthy, you'll become the best version of you. Remember that you can reach your target weight and even surpass it and look even skinnier than you do now if you build the right kind of muscles and develop the right kind of flexibility and posture.

What Guys Said 32

• I wouldn't call you skinny but I might consider tying you to a tree if you were going to be out in a windstorm. I think if you lost 2 pounds, you would look skinny. Congratulations on your recovery. I understand that it is extremely difficult. Keep doing whatever you are doing because it is working and, despite my bad joke above, you look good!

• You look fine.
    You are not too skinny (i don't see skin and bones) but you could put on 20 pounds and not be overweight.
    You should not worry about your size. There is nothing wrong with how you look now, and if you added a few pounds, it would not make you look bad.

• Yes you are very skinny.

Your family is not JUST saying that. That's part of anorexia. You have a very warped image of yourself. Your family and friends are being more honest with how you look than you are.

• You look like you are moving into the healthy range - My view is that you could add a few more lbs if you wanted but I definitely would not go any lower - Listen to the advice of your support network - They only want what is best for you to keep you healthy and happy - Best of luck in the future

• Yes, you're skinny but you should add more lean mass on your body. Fat is not really the problem, the problem is when we have it unbalanced: we need fat and muscles together in order to look great.

This said, life is much richer than just the looks, sweetheart. Try not to obcess about your appearance - it always go wrong if so.

Best of luck!

• You are super skinny. You are on the road to recovery, just keep on going and gain some more weight. It's really awesome that you are beating anorexia, don't give up! If you feel discouraged, you are more than welcome to message me any time

• Yes you are skinny and conrgats on recovering.

• On the skinny side. I'm somewhat similar. Can't seem to gain weight. Anyway, if you're recovering then I'm sure you're making progress. Keep going until you reach the shape you feel happiest in/with.

• A little bit yes. If you, upright standing, can see your ribcage, then you don't want to lose anymore weight. You aren't severely skinny though, just a bit.

• I should add, by the way, that the bmi scales low point for healthy weight is 18, yeah, but the highest is 25. Meaning you can easily go well into the early twenties and still be very healthy.

• You look great

• You are exteremely slender. To keep from being anorexic you should stop staring at yourself in the mirror because you mentally won't ever see what other people do.

• You do look very skinny.

• yes your fairly stringy you need to gain a little, to a healthy attractive weight

• You're skinny but not horribly so. You definitely need more muscle
    .

• Yes you are skinny

• you look pretty attractive and good

• Yes, skinny. Look fine to me.

• Yes your skinny , your friends and family are telling the truth. Don't freak out about going over 18 bmi people will still see you as skinny 😃 goodluck

• Nice

• Yeah skinny.. but u are fine

• You look too skinny.

• Yes your skinny

• I think your sexy as hell the way you are

• I like skinny girls sonur fine

• You good.

• Only homosexual wouldn't have a pointy erection looking at you.
    You know it, and love it.

Don't get addicted to the feeling, if you can :)

• If you get obsessed about looks (because it's your strongest asset), you'll end up with psychological issues connected with it like anorexia.

It's not worth it. It's, also, not about silly numbers , 17.., 18 and something and so on.
      These things have nothing to do with beauty. It's like intelligence. A natural gift.
      You have it, and a great shape. 17.77 or 18.88 or 19.77 will change nothing; just be an hindrance to your mind and stress you down.

• yeah i think your a little skinny. But a healthy kind of skinny, like me. You look quite sexy in the bottom picture. I would happily date a girl like that. Congratulations on your recovery! Could u rate me if i send a link?

• You're petite and yes you're skinny. I'm glad you're half way to recovery and keep up the good work. You body looks perfect to me and judging from a lot of the answers you're definitely skinny. We're all strangers and have no reason to lie.

You look perfect 👍🏻 Believe in yourself

• yes. eat more.

• would smash

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 9

• Yes I would say you're skinny, You don't need to lose anymore weight. A much as you appreciate honesty I would worry if someone said the opposite it would trigger you. Best of luck x

• Congrats on the progress you've made! although I'm sure you've still got a ways to go. It's not easy recovering from something like that.
    Keep in mind that the ideal healthy BMI is around 19 - 20. 18 is still quite low and raise for concern.

• You look so beautiful, and yes, skinny. Don't relapse. I know the voice won't ever get any quieter, but you can choose not to listen.

• You look normal skinny type, but I would add some toning from muscle building.

• Too skinny.

• You are tiny girl

• Normal, not skinny

• You look great! If I were you I wouldn't worry about gaining a little weight, just as long as you're healthy. And I wouldn't focus a lot on bmi because it tends to be misleading.

• You're very thin