How do you accept yourself as a guy if you're ugly, single and get constantly told by people about how worthless you are?

I'm an 19 year old guy who came to realize his life was not as amazing as i thought it would be. Whenever i get called ugly i would always cry in a corner and tell myself to die even when some people said i should be confident and stand up for myself. I tried that and it failed so i decided to focus on school. I tried and failed again. One day i said:enough. That's the moment i lost faith in world and locked myself inside my room. Then a suddenly a relief swept over me as i became a shadow of my former self. Locked inside a prison were both my broken mind and desperation limited me to be myself.

Reason i wrote this was because i wanted to know if anyone else have experienced something similar.

Most Helpful Girl

• ~How do you accept yourself~
    step number 1. Acknowledge your strengths... instead of counting all the things you wish you could be, try counting all the things that you are.

step number 2. Learn the benefits of mindfulness... Being mindful of your reality and your sensations has been found to be efficacious in helping individuals to foster self-acceptance.

step number 3. Recognize how you judge yourself... Recognizing your own judgment is important in helping you identify areas where you are overly critical of yourself. Being overly critical is when you create areas or find attributes of yourself that you have unproductive feelings about.

A few words/tips (:

I know it may be hard, but does your looks and relationship status really matter? does that define you? No of course not (:. understand that other peoples criticisms were rooted in her own insecurities. meaning they have there own insecurity and think that putting you down will make them more beautiful... Really doesn't to be honest... Once you realize this, you can start to rethink your confidence about your looks. Maybe talk to a counselor or online therapy (7 cups of tea is highly recommended, it's free) if you're feeling down. hope I helped (: have a wonderful day

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• You're young. Don't be so dramatic

• Reading this made me want to cry. You are not alone. Never forget that.

What Guys Said 1

• simply stop giving any fucks what the rest of them think. They're not you, so what do they know?