What is worse a mole or a scar?

I've always dreamed of my mole magically disappearing. It has always made me insecure! It's on my face, it's big and it pooched out.

I went to a plastic surgeon & he said I would be left with a scar. Which I already knew.

What is worse though? A mole or a scar.
I figured maybe I can put make up over my scar.

Most Helpful Girl

• In your case, I think a scar is better than a mole. Scars fade a little with time and like you said, it's easier to cover up with makeup.
    One of my friends in kindergarten used to have one of those really big moles on her cheek (don't remember the medical term for it). It looked like a mushroom. Once we started school, she got it removed and was left with a scar on her cheek that was somewhat deep. But in the end it looked better than the mole. And now, like 12 years later, you can barely see the scar anymore. It kind of just looks like a dimple on her cheek.
    So if you're unhappy with the mole, get it removed and buy some good creams that'll help your scar heal nicely. I've heard that Bio oil makes wonders for scars and stretch marks.

• Thank you so much! I was hoping to hear from some who had done it before! This makes me feel better.
      And yes! I currently just both bio oil!

What Guys Said 5

• It depends on size though. If the mole is big enough that a surgeon thinks it will leave a scar.. its gotta go. Some moles are just cute... i mean, people go through trouble to have "moles" lol.. im talking about people who pierce their lips, nose, cheek, etc.
    a scar is just badass... you can make up a story for that.

• Yeah definitely. Some people have cute small moles. But mine is kinda big and on my forhead. Not cute to me.
      But I will definitely make up some crazy story and put in some sense of humor! Maybe people will think I'm cool. lol

• could just paint it red and tell em ur indian and they missed...

• You're a girl, so a scar is worse, a small mole can be a beauty mark. For guys, a mole is worse, scars make guys look “dangerous."

• Some moles are cute. Sadly mine isn't. It's on my forhead. I think it's a distraction.
      Would I look cooler with a scar. Lol

• mole is worse.

• a mole, is better. Because u can remove it with surgery

• lol get it removed , small scar better

What Girls Said 3

• i say a scar. i hav a small mole on my left cheek bone and i like it

• Well, both can be fixed so neither one is that terrible

• Is it a regular brown mole or is it purple and stuff?

• Regular brown mole :(

• That's what I was hoping to hear! As kin as it fades then I'll be happy!!

• Glad I could help :)
      So if you wanted to, you could remove it and cover it with makeup until it's gone.