Pretty vs Attractive... Is there a difference?

Pretty, beautiful, hot , attractive... Is there a difference to you guys?
I've seen it often here where people ask... is she pretty... or is she attractive? I'm like "wut?"

What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Apparently anyway. I have no idea what it is but it exists.

What Girls Said 4

• Most people use the word attractive towards someone they would consider dating. Saying pretty can sometimes be used for looking cute or looks good but wouldn't date.

• I think attractive means more like desirable. You can see a pretty girl, admire her, but not want her or to be around her. If she's attractive, she's the sort of person who draws others to her.

• There isn't a difference to me, but I have seen people seeing it differently though

• yeah there is a certain degree for those adjectives

What Guys Said 3

• Pretty: above average, attractive in some way

Attractive: looks good... basically just not unattractive

Hot: sexually attractive (guys wouldn't describe a real crush as hot normally)

Beautiful: very attractive, and way better looking than most people

Bonus
    Cute: cute in a sibling type of way, OR also girlfriend material. Like in a "I wanna cuddle and hug you a lot". Also can contain more than their looks--the things they do are cute.

• I use Pretty and beautiful for the face.
    Hot for the body
    and attractive for an overall package.

• I think pretty is when someone has good facial features and nice skin and kinda cute but attractive is more like being more sexually appealing.