How do you know if you're pretty?

I know most of you will probably say' "Beauty if in the eye of the beholder."

I do believe that is true, but then there are those girls who EVERYONE thinks is pretty. Like Kendall Jenner. A girl doesn't even have to be a model, everyone just finds her beautiful.

I feel like when people say this quote they are basically saying you're ugly, in a way. Saying how not everyone thinks you're pretty, only a handful. And tbh it never helped me feel any less insecure about my looks. I'm not saying I hate myself, or think I'm the ugliest person ever, but I just don't feel pretty, you know? It's just hard to explain.

Not many people ever tell me I'm pretty flat out. There are those people you meet occasionally who say that you're beautiful as soon as they meet you. There are only a few of those kinds. My friends tell me I'm pretty, but I feel like they only say it because they are suppose to. A small handful of guys have called me hot, or pretty, but it doesn't help.

All in all, how does one actually feel pretty? If people don't tell you that you are pretty does it mean you aren't? If not many guys like you/you don't know any guys who do like you mean that you're ugly? How do you know when someone finds you pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, like the saying beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, i say most of the times those eyes are blind as a bat, i dont let society claim what is beautiful and what isn't, i decide for myself what is, from little imperfections to certain looks etc.. I found a lot of people are attractive, what makes a person ugly is an ugly heart

• Thank you for the mho, also dont judge yourself to harshly, im sure your very pretty

Most Helpful Girl

• Perception and Symmetry, and the Golden Ratio.

A facial length that is approximately 1.5 times it's width, equal lengths between, the hairline and eyes, the eyes and the bottom part of the nose, the bottom of the nose to the bottom part of the chin, ear length that is equal to nose length and eye width that is equal to the distance between both eyes.

Calculating these measurements together is what gives you your ratio or a beauty rating between one and ten. The closer a person is to the Golden Ratio of 1.618; the more beautiful they are considered to be. While no one has ever been rated a perfect 10, celebrities like Angelina Jolie are considered to be very close.

The Golden Ratio can be used to measure beauty no matter the person’s ethnicity. It seems that people of all races can have facial proportions that come close to meeting the ratio of 1.618.

This means that variations in nose, lip and eye shape do not matter as much so long as the person’s face is proportionate and symmetrical.

Studies have also shown that no matter what your ratio is, everyone’s face is closer to the Golden Ratio when they smile. This may largely be the reason that we consider smiling faces to be more inviting and safe.

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 8

• With a picture it would be much easier to tell how pretty you are, and if you pretty at all.

tvtropes.org/.../BeautyEqualsGoodness

• Compliments, dates, etc
    Look at the types of purple and body types on magazine covers and getting roles in Acton, romance movies.. Do you resemble them? That's the obvious consensus for attractiveness

• I think Kendal Jenner is ugly. She has a weird plastic face and body. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. People are chosen as models because they have good looks but they are only ever the general characteristics of good looks (strong jaw, cheekbones, brow shape) but even then I think some models are unattractive. You will be good looking to certain people and not so good looking to other certain people.

• kendell jenner isn't even that pretty lol
    there are tons of girls i walk by on the street that are way hotter than her.

• There is no one person everyone thinks is good looking

• well just do what I do:

1) wax your genitals (I was my penis)
    2) make a cute harstyle
    3) dress well
    4) be sexy and cool

• It's the dampness of her pants is her you know

• Post a pic here and guys will lie to you and tell you you're a 10.

What Girls Said 5

• You're way too focused on other people's perceived perceptions of you. You need to start focusing on positive things instead of making up negative ones.

• Not to sound cliche but beauty is in the eye of the beholder is actually pretty accurate. For example, you said everyone thinks Kendall Jenner is beautiful but my cousin finds her just average. He thinks that Jennifer Anniston is better looking whereas I find Jennifer Anniston okay looking. So, what I'm tryna say is that even those people that are generally perceived as attractive are seen as ugly to some people. also, beauty differs across cultures. I'm Indian and in India people like pale skin, longish noses, and dark hair and dark eyes, whereas here in the U. S. people generally prefer tanned skin and small noses. Beauty also changes over time. 20 years ago all the models that were considered to have perfect bodies where athletically built and had flat butts. Now, the beauty standards have changed. People in general prefer rounder/bigger butts and more curvy bodies. Basically, beauty isn't a constant thing and it's changing all the time so you shouldn't take it to heart when someone finds you unattractive and you also shouldn't let it get to your head if people find you attractive. Your sense of your own beauty should come from within b/c the only way to feel beautiful is if you can accept yourself as you are. Sorry this is so long and if it sounds cliche but it's true.

• I don't know its hard to tell... maybe if people (both men and women) check you out when you're somewhere then i guess it means you're attractive

• I think your pretty if you don't look like anyone else! You should look like you! Don't aspire to look like anyone on TV or on a magazine, because those people don't even look like that. Be the best person you can be: physically, mentally, and emotionally! That's what pretty is. There is always going to be someone who doesn't find you attractive, but, there will always be someone who does find you attractive. Just because someone doesn't give you compliments or ask you out does not mean you aren't attractive.

• kendall jenner isn't pretty. she has a nice body and lots of money but her face is average.