People are stupid for having plastic surgery? Or is it the best you can do for yourself?

What do you think about plastic surgery?

• they are stupid
  • if you like to have them you should have them
  • If you have a medical or psychological reason you should have them
  • they should be illegal
  • they are the perfect birthday present for your sweet 16

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, there are some compelling reasons for people to do so.

Health Reasons: Some people may have gone through rough times caused by sickness or massive weight loss, so it's only natural for people to correct the damage caused by their illness. People may want to fix a problem that maybe causing health issues and surgery is the only option available, some people need surgery to survive.

Accidents: Another reason why people get cosmetic surgery is because they have been in a accident. Minor car crashes, sports, work accident anything you can think of. Because of accidents people can become severely deformed and cosmetic/plastic surgery is the only option to help fix peoples injuries.

Self Esteem: Some people choose to get cosmetic surgery to boost their self esteem. They need a boost and they think cosmetic surgery will give them that. In my opinion it does, people are extremely grateful to see the new changes to there bodies that they have always wanted.

Re constructive Surgery: Re constructive procedures correct deformities on the face or body. These include physical birth defects like cleft lips and palates and ear deformities, traumatic injuries like those from dog bites or burns, or the aftermath of disease treatments like rebuilding a females breast after they have undergone surgery for breast cancer.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is their choice - I would expand on option C, medical reason that is fine but I would investigate the psychological reasons for cosmetic surgery more and make it mandatory to have counselling beforehand because often people who say a new nose or bigger boobs would make my life perfect have other issues going on.

What Girls Said 2

• How is it stupid to get a nose job if you've been bullied for your ugly nose all your life?
    Truth is, we live in a super visual society so the better you look, the better your chances in life lol I think plastic surgery is completely justified if its obvious that the person is suffering from that specific feature looking a certain way - it all should stay within boundaries though like don't do it to an extend where you'd end up looking like a completely different person (eg. South Korea) and most of all don't get plastic surgery to look like another person! That is just creepy as heck and never ends up with the subjects looking better lol..

• did you have plastic surgery? would you like to have one? what kind?

• I'm contemplating it ALL the time but I think if I started it I wouldn't stop until I looked like a different person, too 😕 I would get my whole face worked over lol

• Their choice.

What Guys Said 0