Skin Lightener why do you use it?

I find it upsetting some people in today world feel they need to have lighter skin to be more attractive.

light skin tone people want to be darker, and dark skin tone people want to be lighter.
we should all be happy for our skin tone we are beautiful

Peace :)

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Good call dude - It could be perceived as people wanting a different look, white people tanning, that is a cosmetic change but for dark skinned people who are offered skin lightening products, it is more insidious because I feel at its core it has latent racist beliefs that somehow people with lighter skin have better lives or deserve better lives which is so blatantly untrue. I have seen the palest of pale people and the darkest of dark people who are beautiful plus a lot of gorgeous people in between.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 4

• i dont use it, unless u mean highlighter cuz i do use that

• I'm pale and I used it to fade sunspots and not to be whiter lol
    i think It works on freckles and age spots as well

• Ya it sucks doesn't it.

The whole grass is always greener on the other side mentality. Until you get there and it isn't...

I've not used it. Though once in my life i thought about it because of lame ass kids bullying me!

• i have tan olive skin and am fine with it...

What Guys Said 3

• That's because the media has brainwashed people into believing that pale skin is the standard for good looks.

• Completely agree! :), I find every skin tone attractive

• Same here! People back in my home country (India) are obsessed with fairer skin (both men and women). They use those lightening creams, bleach their skin, and do all sorts of nasty stuff to their skin to appear 'paler'.

• a lot of Asian woman use it because a lighter tone is more desirable in countries like korea and vietnam and thailand

• People are never satisfied with themselves. They think that the grass is always greener on the other side. Hence, this is why light people want to be dark, and dark people want to be light.