Can you achieve mental maturity overnight?

Didn't sleep at all last night except for an hour and within that hour I feel like a changed man. The thoughts I usually have 24 hours a day are pathetic and reeking of mental retardation but for some reason I don't feel the same today.

• Its a big step towards mental maturity
  • Oh, ull be back in no time
Yeah I am back

Most Helpful Girl

• It could just be that these thoughts you call "mature" are always there in the back of your mind - or subconscious mind - and you choose to keep them there, but because sleep is so vital to mental health and ability, you probably have a reduced affect at keeping those "mature" thoughts there, at the back of your mind, and so these more mature thoughts are surfacing on your conscious mind because there's only so much rubbish thoughts your mind can handle lol

Also another thing could be that sleep is so so so important for the brain to decipher and make meaning of anything that is stored in the subconscious mind and this is done through dreams - now if you don't sleep then you can't dream thus rendering that function useless. However regardless of sleep or not your mind needs to address whatever is in the subconscious and so it's bring these hidden "mature" thoughts to the conscious part of your mind.

I draw this conclusion from being a past psychology student and have studied the psychology of sleep in depth... However I could be wrong lol but it's nice to share information :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Takes time bruv but you can begin the process and become much more mature overnight. Just think of a movie character that you admire, one that is a protagonist with the best intentions and then model yourself after him/her, think about how they would react then do that.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes you can, after I was molested by the local preacher in our church and had my butthole bleeding for days, my life had changed completely forever. I would never see the world in the same light again.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know. I suppose you could. You could mature even in an hour.

• What is mental maturity anyways. I say be who you wanna be Barbie girl

• Yes I think so, some thing just has to click then you can begin your journey.

• Maybe that's the sleep deprivation talking.

• big step