Do you agree with this statement, 'girls want company not sex' :) ?

my college teacher said this to a class in a conversation about sex and how to not make wrong decisions stay safe etc...

'Girls dont want sex, girls look/seek company instead'
Is this BS?

• I agree
  • I disagree
  • other explain down below

Most Helpful Girl

• Most girls want sex. But they generally like to feel safe in your company before that's becomes an option. Many are also taught to ignore their sexual longings as base and only give into them in certain contexts. These contexts may vary from girl to girl. For some, it may be simple as knowing the guy a few weeks. For others, it may be feeling some emotional connection, relationship or not. For others, it may be marriage. Etc.

Spreading the myth that women are asexual and only give sexual favors for attention really discredits human sexuality. I mean, the clitoris exists and it's one and only function is to give sexual pleasure and induce orgasm. Pretty sexy.

• i can't believe my teacher would have said it though. doesn't make sense.

• it was an RS lesson, and we were discussing an event that occurred on a trip that got out. Everyone knew they could confide in this teacher and told her and she gave us her honest advice. I also go to a top private sch here in London.

• Hmmm, the closest interpretation that makes sense to me would be that women do prefer sex as a companion rather than sex as an object.

That is, even if it's casual, there's more to it than mechanically grinding genitals together. Sex, even with a random human, is better as a shared moment, not a one sided release using another person's body.

Most Helpful Guy

• I will say C because statements like this do not cover all girls - There will be girls very into casual sex and instant physical pleasure, there will be girls who having romantic notions of knights in shining armour being wooed forming a connection then maybe having a relationship and a whole lot of girls in between - Whatever relationships develop for this girls may be based on company or sex or maybe many different fraction mixes of both, nobody can speak for an entire gender with certainity.

What Girls Said 9

• In my opinion most girls, not all, look for companionship/friends for company then somewhere down the line sex further in the relationship. So sometimes its just timing. Otherwise some want company and some want sex but it will be pretty obvious though, through behavior.

• I think it's safe to say girls want both of these things, like yeah they might want attention and all, but girls like sex too.

• I want company AND sex. And macaroni and cheese.

• It really depends on the girl.

• Dude is wrong. I tend to want both, or company or sex. The hint that women don't want sex seems odd... How do we reproduce if women don't want sex...

• We want both.

• i want sex

• It can really depend on any girl. Some girls are only into having a sexual relationship with every guy they meet, and others prefer just their simple company. It really depends on the person... but I'd say that personally, I love a guy's company. 😊

• Girls have needs, wants, and hormones too.

Yes we want sex.
    Yes we enjoy sex.
    No we don't always want to cuddle/talk afterwards.

• I want to cuddle :(...:D

• i reckon girls want/crave sex more then guys because there is so much stigma, and its all taboo about girls wanting sex.

• Only if she is single. If you're in a relationship or friends with benefits, you're free to go for it... what you like, where you like, how you like. etc

I'm not a multiple partner person, but I love sex. Most girls do. You're right, it's just not talked about as much, but that's changing. People are more expressive about sex these days and that's how it should be

What Guys Said 2

• that an awful lie

• I voted 'other', but do you mean as in girls who have promiscuous sex or girls in actual relationships? If you're asking about promiscuous sex, it's like guys: many of them want the company, but others just plain like sex.