I really want to dye my hair black, should I dye it black or go light blonde? Would I make a great brunette? Please no comments on dying it brown?

Hey girls/guys! Don't you ever feel like you had the same hair for ages, well I feel that way so I am looking for a change. I am a natural dark blonde planning on dying my hair either platinum/light blonde or black, specifically I would do a level 7 root since my roots will show up instantly with the light hair or should I dye my hair black with a blue sheen to it. Please do not suggest any other colors since I am geared up into choosing either of the hair colors shown below. Thank you. Please comment below on what you think I should do? I love reading the comments below. If any of you are wondering, no I would not dye my eyebrows dark if I were to dye my hair black since I think I do not need to, since I think I already look good with the combination (blonde eyebrow/dark hair), plus it so much work for me since my eyebrows will grow fast.
Light blonde vs black

With makeup
with tan

I really want to dye it black because I was previously light blonde but my roots grew out half way down. I am wondering if you think I should dye it black as well. I am really looking for a big change since I have been on the blonde merry go round for a couple of years.

• Light Blonde
  • Blue black

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• U look better as a blonde...

I went black it didn't suit me.. in fact it ruined my hair trying to remove it to get back to blonde.. See the last picture of the long blonde hair that suits you.. Really does

There is one colour now u tyoed already don't suggest colours.. what about going a redhead?

I think you'd look good as one as you have the slight tan about you.. try an auburn or deep mahogany colour that has a purple through it.. It's worth considering

Or rather than ruining your hair just stick to highlights or lowlights or even both.. But u really do look better as a blonde

• Ty I probably will reconsider the blonde then. I have heard horror stories of going black and I did not think it through clearly. I bet it is hard. Is it easy to dye black hair an auburn? I still have that feeling that I should take a risk and dye my hair black but can you tell me specifically if you don't mind about what happened when you did dye it black?

• I'm pale so had to use lots of fake tan, but when I went to blonde I did the ultimate sin rather than strip it I bleached a blonde straight on top, then another bleach and another.. my hair was like elastic, like know when you use veet on legs you haven't bothered with in a while, it was like that!! If your hair is dark just now I would suggest is getting it in tip top condition before you strip it as it dries the hair, get it trimmed to get rid of dead ends and some hair masks in preparation of whatever colour your going ok?
      You do suit being blonde though that last picture looks lovely on you..

• Thank you :) So currently I have a balagye going on (not really), lol, I have dark blonde (my roots) on the top and light blonde on the bottom (which I previously dyed it). I was thinking about dying it dark because I already been light blonde for many times already, but thank you :) Like at that point when you went dark you were looking for change well so I am I. I am not naturally tan, that was a spray tan/bronzer lol. If you look at the first pic above that is my current skin color (fascinating right) lol.

What Guys Said 8

• First, and last two pics are most flattering

• They are both nice, I prefer the blonde but you sound like you want a change with the black so give it a go, it looks good in the pics

• Do you smile ever? lol.. anyhow black would look nice but make sure as its hard to cover if you dont like it

• Lol this is my selfie face, yes I do smile in real life lol. Anywho, I appreciate your suggestion :) I have heard the quote "once you go black you never go back", before. That is why dying the hair black is such a risk taker, however life is full of taking risks and I will never know what it is like to be on the other side or (the dark side) if I don't find what it is like.

• lol then get it gone and let me know how it turns out haha

• Notsureifultimaterestingbitchfaceoropisrlyaguy

• in all due respect, dye it what you want. this question seems to be popping up lots lately, so if it is you that keeps repeating, then it clearly means you do not agree with the answers. then you should follow your mind.

• GO FOR BROWN

• no one cares, you look ugly. Stop asking!!!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Blonde is going to wash you out and make you look yellow. You'd look better with something that accentuates your skin tone.

• Ok thank you, so are you team black?

• I think the black is going to wash you out too. That's why I left my answer more open so you would explore other shades.

• I mean... I can't tell, those photoshop type pictures are just not good enough to give me a fair opinion.
    Also, in the second picture, are you blonde at that point, if so, you should upload that picture without the black on top because it looks like a better indication of the color/face combo.

• I was going to upload a photo of myself with the color I currently have which is my outgrown roots with the that same light blonde in the second pic on the bottom. That pic was taken a while ago and same with the fifth pic.

• I don't know, you aren't smiling in any pic so you don't really look good or bad with either color. But if you go black, you need to dye your eyebrows, too.

• Do I look weird with my blonde eyebrows?

• You would if you went with black hair. If you go with blonde, no, you don't. But you look extremely tired. You need to smile.

• You haven't gotten enough replies yet for this?