I tend to think I'm pretty attractive I guess, but when I posted my photo on Reddit, they rated me pretty low?

In real life, it seems like a lot of guys like me and my family and friends tell me I'm pretty.

but on Reddit, I got a lot of 7.5s, and some even lower than that.

Which do I believe?

Most Helpful Guy

• Show us your pic.

My guess is somewhere in between because...
    1. Family will overrate simply because they want to be supportive.
    2. Young men will underrate because they are too shallow and hypocritical. Believe me, when a woman is giving a guy head or carressing his balls, at that moment, she is the most beautiful woman in the world to him. In other words, don't worry about the numbers; we are vastly less picky than our numbering indicates.

Most Helpful Girl

• U value ur looks on what people on the Internet think..

lol god that's really silly...7.5 is a snot off an 8...8 is good looking 7.5 slightly below an 8 and ur whinging why? Were u hopin for a 10 Becos sorry honey there's no such thing as a 10 in looks, really isn't unless ur Aphrodite herself.. Don't stress on it.. just don't be uploading pictures to sites like that again...

Repeat this- I value myself not to care what others think of me!

What Guys Said 14

• Friends and family are generally going to be flattering. With Reddit, you're going to have a narrowing of aesthetic preferences and also potentially lose some points if you're not photogenic or your photo isn't so good. Neither are very reliable sources.

• 7.5 is not low. It is pretty good. But without seeing them, I cannot tell you which is more accurat.

• Who's going to enter in a relationship with you, your family and friends or some random guy?

• A 7 isn't ugly

• The reaction in real life seems consistent and guys like you. I think the internet can be an harsher judge

• 7.5 is not a score i would complain about... if there was 8 people in a room, with each number of the hot scale represented, and a terrorist said i will kill one person every hour staring with the ugliest... youd have 7 hours for the police to save you... look at it that way!

be happy! im probably way lower than that on the hot scale, therefore i envy you slightly. tbh, you're rubbing it in by pouting about it...

• It sounds about right
    A 7 or an 8 is very good. think of 10s as being A+ 9s as A's 8s aa A- 7s as B's

• Family and friends tend to give us a skewed view of ourselves. That being said are you really complaining about getting rated a 7.5?

• Let's see it then

• what subreddit you post on though?

• also love is blind obviously friends and family aren't gonna say you don't look pretty.

• Show a picture here :)

• No pic, can't rate you then? :D

I would go by real life obviously

• Seems you suffer from issues of will to omnipotence?

• a picture is different to a 3d human being. Some pics are good some a bad.

What Girls Said 3

• 7.5/10 is pretty damn high lol wtf?

• People tend to be cruel on the Internet. It makes them feel braver hiding behind a computer so don't take it to heart

• 7.5 is nothing to complain about at least to me. Thats still pretty high up there on the scale.