Why do "mixed girls" get more attention than black girls?

So I have a few mixed girl friends, I also know quite a few mixed girls. In a nutshell, they have curvier bodies than me, wayyy prettier/exotic looking faces, hair always looks nice, & their aura basically attracts any & EVERYONE. Im definitely not darkskin, & Its not that I don't take care of myself. I exercise often, frequently take care of my health on the inside & out, I have a average personality & I try my best to keep from looking sloppy.(although I am very slim, I have no butt or boobs) But even with ALL the effort I put in, I STILL get over looked like im just their shadow & it hurts. It makes me feel disgusting, & unworthy... Is there something actually wrong with me? It not fair that "lightskin" girls get more attention...

Most Helpful Guy

• It might be their sense of confidence, which was initially fueled by looking somewhat exotic but then making them feel more and more and more confident which then makes that aura more and more powerful.

You see that with people. If they started off receiving so much attention when younger, their confidence can be through the roof when they're adults and they're practically magnet: everyone wants to be their friends.

Meanwhile people who lacked it can start to develop major insecurities that last all the way to adulthood.

There's like a cascading effect.

You can potentially break your cycle and become more confident and potentially enjoy some of the same attention. That glowing aura that attracts everyone isn't necessarily coming solely from physical looks (though the looks might have initially helped to make it so powerful). But I think you have to stop fixating on these girls and kind of see it as a competition.

• Thats all soo true, thank u

• [...] far less intimidating [than] if you focus just on the guys [...]

• True, I see what u mean

What Guys Said 4

• I suppose it's just luck. Also keep in mind that what one guy may consider "cute" or "sexy" may be considered "ugly" by another -- maybe a guy likes you and he's too afraid to say something?

• wtf? whats your complaint? im not even sure i can give you an answer or advice... to me it sounds like you just have a few hang-ups about yourself :(

what is an average personality? Basically, you are cool or you are not...

• Your answer is in your description only, they look exotic and have curvy bodies

• Because men general don't want to be bitched at daily.

• Oh u mean pre-judgemental pricks like YOU? U basically just said the whole African American race has that problem u racist fqck. Thanks for the UNHELPFUL comment which in no way actually helped. U just wasted not only my time but urs as well. Why dont u check out SHECURIOUSLYCURIOUS comment below. So u can understand, u are not only brainwashed but delusional. U r now dismissed✌💯

What Girls Said 8

• It's because they tend to have more European features. (After all, European features are set as the beauty standard :\ .) It's also because they're "exotic" without being too exotic. I always get overlooked by guys compared to my non-black/mixed friends even though I know I'm not ugly or anything. Plus a lot of people think black girls are ghetto and they assume mixed girls aren't (or are less ghetto). Sucks that people can't see that black is beautiful.

• Hit the nail right on the head, thank u for ur opinion hun <3

• & quite honestly I've seen just as many UGLYYYY mixed girls and people try to act like that's not a thing😒

• Awww, I know exactly how you feel. This is a common thing in a lot of races , its like the lighter your skin is, the more "smarter" or "prettier" you are. I think this is complete BS. I may not be a guy, I'm a bisexual female , and the girls I find more attractive are the darker , or more chocolate skin tone. There's a lot of guys I know that agree with me. It seems like the light skin girls get the most attention from the black guys, but I know a lot of mixed guys who only want brown skin girls , along with lots of white, Hispanic , and sometimes Asian guys. Once you get older you'll notice a lot of guys aren't focused on a girl being light skin, that's immaturity

• as a mixed girl myself i know some mixed girls who are skinny af as well... i think that you might be overthinking but am sure you look good :)

• It's because of racism. I'm sorry that happens to you. :(

• Never thought of it like that... Yea I can definitely see that being the reason why 😧 and its ok😔

• also, check out CHROMEKIDS comment up above in the GUY SECTION , PERFECT example👌😧💯

• I personally think mixed girls are gorgeous!! But honestly black girls are too, I think mixed girls get more attention bc a lot of girls don't really look like them, they're unique.

• You stated they looked like the ideal, so it has nothing to fo with skin but with body and face.

• Kinda seems like you already have an answer, like you said they're "more attractive" in your opinion and that's what people are attracted to. There's nothing wrong with you, some people just find them more attractive and some people may find you more attractive.

• I don't know girl you must have bad luck. I always get attention :) a lot of it. I'm so grateful. If you start smiling at these dudes and start playi ng some flirting games you will catch a lot of fish