Is it bad that I feel embarrassed and ashamed of my body?

Is it bad that I feel embarrassed and ashamed of myself when I'm naked in front of my boyfriend? Like I feel like he shouldn't look at me or like how I look. When I see him look at me I always feel like I should cover myself or hide my flaws with my hands even though I can see in his face that they don't bother him and that he actually likes them. He constantly tells me what he likes about my body and I feel terrible for feeling so ashamed of my body. Is it bad that I feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he wasn't attracted to you he wouldn't want to see you naked, relish in him enjoying your body! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• somewhere it is. If he likes your body, where is the problem? Why do you think you are not beautiful? What body parts are not OK for yoy? Try to look at it with an open objective view.

What Guys Said 14

• What about your body are you ashamed about? Is it something like a religious belief that you should be ashamed of your body? Or do you feel something does not look good?

If it is something like a religious belief, that is something you will need to work out fro yourself about what fits in your beliefs. There is nothing shameful about the body, but if you were raised being told that it is shameful, then you will need to adjust your thinking to realize it is not. Whether you should be naked in front of your boyfriend is something that you have to deal with in your beliefs.

If it is not that, but is a belief that your body is not as good as others, you are wrong. We are all different, so you will have differences, but that does not mean they are bad. In fact, many of your differences, even the ones you think are bad, actually help to define how we are each unique, and they are therefor good. So in that sense, you need to realize that you should be proud of your body, not ashamed.

• Feeling negative about yourself is obviously bad. It's taking you down mentally. Clearly he likes you and enjoys seeing your body. So be happy about that. All you have to do is take care of your body and be happy that you got a man who is right for you.

• Maybe you are just very shy - Take your time whatever you do physically keep some of your clothes on, every now and again over the coming days/weeks/months take something off moving slowly towards nudity. When you get totally naked you should feel a lot more comfortable.

• Yes. You should feel bad about feeling bad. No, I'm kidding. You feel the way you feel. You'll get over It.

• Yes you must love yourself and be proud of who you are or risk never being happy.

• If he doesn't find your body attractive nor find any part of it attractive , then he isn't worth your time. Take good care of your body.

• NO body is perfect. You should be proud of what you have , he clearly loves your body , you shouldn't be flawless in order to be attractive cause no body is.

• Yup it's bad :o
    you don't have to, you said it yourself

• your just insecure i think, dont worry and dont think about it too much

• you shouldn't love an unhealthy body... but if you are healthy then you need to love yourself and not be ashamed of it

4 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0