Am I really that one ugly teenage nerd girl no one wants to deal with?

Okay, in my entire life with all the different groups of friends I have hung out with, I was always the one to be ignored or not approached by any guys when we went out or were surrounded bt attractive guys. All of my friends and people I have known were and are very attractive, the girls considered hot/pretty/beautiful/gorgeous/sexy and the guys hot/sexy/handsome etc and when I'm around them I just feel ugly. Plain and simple I guess I am because everyone ignores me even though I consider everyone around me to talk to them and be nice and I'm never ignorant of a single soul. I have never let someone feel left out or unwanted somewhere. Im the one girl that puts everyone's happiness before my own.

I'm around all these beautiful amazing people and i feel dull, unwanted, and stupid, it hurts. No guy has shown interest. So I try to keep my head high and be confident in myself but it's so hard. And this isn't me just asking for attention just saying. I don't know what to do to make myself pretty even cause I'm just plain. I have deep dark brown hair and close to black brown eyes, very high cheekbones, a really defined jaw, a mocha skin color, five feet two, skinny/fit or whatever from swimming and kickboxing and yeah. That's it. Nothing special, just a bunch of hard lines all around and plain coloring. There is nohing interesting about me at all, just that I do very well in school and spend all my free time ether reading, studying, or kickboxing at the gym.

So I just wanted to know why? Why does no guy even try to talk to me or ask me to hang out or something? I'm just always seeing couples happy and my friends meeting all these attractive guys and I'm not. I feel so ugly and sad about it I dont know what to do. How to deal with it. Should I even consider myself average looking because at this point I'm the most hideous thing I and others have seen. Again I'm not asking for attention, I just need to find a way to deal and find a way to be happy with myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• dont stress yourself about this
    there always must be someone looking for you and have crush on you
    maybe you just dont notice them
    keep smiling and confident and dont try hard to take guys attention
    just be yourself
    try to hang out alone in popular public places in your city and be normal
    good luck ;)

What Guys Said 16

• Your beautiful the way you are, i have said previously to others, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and those eyes usually are blind. Dont judge yourself based on others looks, you have beauty too. Plus i have found when someone has a good soul and a kind heart it radiates outwards and enhances the beauty tremendously, i know it sounds korny but its true.

• Create happiness for yourself. Then whatever you still seek will find you. Don't waste your time on things you can't control

• a picture would help.
    Guys are more likely to be intimidated by the highly attractive female and assume she is taken. Then they will seek out the less attractive females

Your opinion on your attractive group of friends is subjected because you are friends and will not tend to say anything negative about them when in reality they might be ugly

• Yeah I figured pics would assist right lol but rn my phone is being an ass and won't let me take or use any pictures I have taken or have. But my friends I mean I guess my opinion might be because of our relationship but they really are beautiful. I'm jut trying to figure myself out :/

• you might be seen as very attractive to other guys. highly attractive women are less likely to be approached and will be ignored most of the time by guys.

I personally ignored a girl who i thought was beautiful and thought she would never be interested in someone like me so i never pursued anything with her even though we sat next to each other for a whole school year

you're only 15, dont worry about it and focus on improving yourself or skills in the meantime 👍

• Yeah I'm being so shallow even considering this but I just felt really bad though I am focusing everything on my school and sports

• I guess you just have to talk to more guys and get them to be your friend. Maybe then they'll become interested in you... you never know

• Nerds are cute

• Lol thank you but idek bout me though

• Yea... I do have dark blue square frame glasses... But I hate wearing them in public cause they eat up half of my face lolol but omfg that is honestly the first compliment I have gotten bout my eyes thnks

• Not sure why... Glasses are sooo attractive on women

• I used to be an ugly duckling but now I'm better looking than most of my friends. Your time will come. Right now you should focus on your personality so you can have both of those things going on :)

• You should really be a lot confident about yourself I totally doubt you are ugly from what you wrote

• Lol... I mean like I wrote I try to be confident but then I see everyone else and then I plummet in my insecurities

• A friend of mine names it "manjaws", lol.

What happens to you is due to personality, not outlook.

• Hey I'm sure you are pretty! :) Don't worry about it! Hey I was wondering can I drop you a message? :)

• Haha well I've just followed you. Click the follow button on my profile (I'm enter77) and I'll do the rest :-)

• you should be notified that you have a message now :)

• try approaching guys you like, instead of expecting them to. because most guys are too shy to do that due to how common rejection is for guys.
    many guys only prefer the girl to make first moves anyways.

• Yeah I need to work on going up to guys first though once someone starts a conversation with me be a guy be girl I'm not that shy. I just suck at first impressions lol

• try not to worry about first impressions, just be sweet. tell him what you want and feel.

• Alrighty I'll keep that useful information :) thanks for the helpful response

• I believe according to your whole definition they stereotype your kind as "the duff" you should check out the movie by the way

• That's great cause that book is under a million other titles of books I have read, and yeah that book is amazing

• :))))))) so many. Nice. People. Lolol

• Are u being sarcastic or what

5 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0