What are some things a guy could do to improve his appearance?

I always felt like i was an ugly dude, but then i usually look good in most photos when I've cleaned up a bit and not lookin like a slob. So any recommendations for me? I added a decent photo of myself, just hit me with hard facts don't go easy on me but be truthful. also i feel like my face isn't symmetrical but oh well. What are some things a guy could do to improve his appearance?

thank you all for the kind words, im sorry if i seem like im doing this boost my ego or somethin. thats not my intention, i just feel like sometimes i look like a slob and wanna be clean and nice looking. thats all I meant.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your not even bad looking - you look like a pretty decent guy and I'd date you :P But in all seriousness if you feel ugly and don't feel your best how about you sign up for the gym? I go to the gym for my mental health but maybe feeling fit and in shape will help you. You don't need to go hardcore and buy supplements but just working out and exercising has helped me a lot both physically and mentally.
    You can also try making your own style or running with fashion trends that suit you. Don't need to go bankrupt but buy clothes that make you feel confident. It's the same reason why women wear make-up, because we want to feel beautiful and confident :) Also try picking up some hobbies or interests; focusing on them will make you feel more fulfilled and happier

• thank you so much, you're very kind and I've been working out and i gained a little muscle but im still small lol. i just wanna be a decent lookin dude. i don't wanna be someone who is considered gross or unkempt.

• Haha nah your fine :)

Most Helpful Guy

• brandog0, i'm not gay, but i think you are hot. You have a very nice face man, not saying this to make you feel better, it's what i really think.

But i do see sadness on your expressions. That confidence man, it's very low...

• dude thank you! i feel that way as well and that people can see im not a confident guy. My self esteem is really low :(

What Girls Said 6

• Nothing really. You're attractive. If you want, and this is really just necessary nitpicking, you can take an eyebrow brush to your eyebrows to smooth them out. Keep your facial hair well groomed as it grows. I like the chin fuzz look.

• thank you very much! i agree my eyebrows need to be smoothed out. they are way to thick and unkempt.

• Men can get their eyebrows threaded too. Business men go to the shop I go to all the time. There's no shame in it and they look handsome afterwards too. It's inexpensive and you'll feel more confident after it's done.

• You could smile 🙂

• You're not ugly.. far from it! You don't have to try to change your looks so much. I read the other comments and one said something about ur eyebrows, to me guys shouldn't do anything to there looks (they could if they want to but not necessary). so pretty much, I prefer guys that look like guys, eyebrows don't have to be done, some acne is ok too. I guess I like the way they naturally look.

• Honestly, I think you're cute. Really don't think you need to change anything.

• Yummy babe

• I can honestly say you're good looking, but maybe you could change up your facial hair a bit? Personally I like beards and think a beard would suit you.

• omg i knooooow thank you! i want a beard so bad and im like hmmmm if only i could grow a beard id look pretty good ya know? but i can only grow that stupid chin crap lol

What Guys Said 2

• You seem good to me - My advice be less harsh on yourself.

• You don't look ugly at all to me. My sister agreed with me. I don't see anything wrong with your face. Maybe just smile!