Are skinny fat guys really a big turn off?

I am a skinny fat guy. Is it really a big turn off to be skinny fat?Are skinny fat guys really a big turn off?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• No i think you look good

• I'm neutral. It's not a turn on i prefer muscular

• Ehhhhhhhhh. Not my favorite body type, but at least you're not the typical kind of fat, that's even worse.

• i personally prefer some muscles on guy... jelly consistensy is a turn off

• no its not a turn off

• Yes, I hate that look. They're soft no thanks.

• what's skinny fat? your legs are a big turn off that's truth

• Why? My legs are not skinny at all.

• @ak666

A man is supposed to have hair in his legs.

• That's true. I think just the tan would help because you do have a darker complexion around your forearms and triceps, for example (little bit of a farmer's tan there). It might just help everything blend a bit more together.

• personally ı like muscular ones

• I go for a different type but you will be someones type i'm sure.

What Guys Said 7

• I didn't realize it was possible to be skinny and fat at the same time, but I kind of see what you mean.

If you don't mind a blunt critique, one of the things that strikes me most about your picture is ratio of the size of your head to the rest of your features (like neck). I'm guessing you are about 5 heads tall and the proportions are somewhat unusual.

I think it would do so much good in terms of boosting physical sex appeal if you could bulk up the right areas. Your picture with the beard also works so much better in my opinion, it kind of blends your face and skinnier neck together.

In your case I think you can keep some of the fat but go more bulk. I think it goes well together with your face. You can train to muscle failure (go heavy, go big, 8-12 slow reps in good form) and still eat plenty, combine with protein shakes, getting bigger and stronger. I think it should make you feel quite a bit better as well.

You have some abdominal fat which is common in men my age or older, but a bit uncommon in your case. That can be associated with a lot of health problems further on, so I suggest this not only for aesthetic for also for your overall health in the future.

If you just try pumping some weights to failure, I think you'll notice encouraging progress in quite a short period of time with this kind of physique.

Just my two cents!

• what is 5 feet tall?

• abdominal fat in men is common in every age.

• Visual arts/figure thing -- like if you measure the length from head to chin and compare it to the rest of your body, it looks like you are approx 5 heads tall. That means your head to body ratio is on the larger end (your head size is proportionally rather large compared to your body), but it's actually often equated with a sign of intellect.

As for abdominal fat, yeah, unfortunately lots of people in their 20s can have it. 30s is even more common with people who might have been in decent shape in their 20s start putting on a lot of abdominal fat.

The problem with abdominal fat is that it's not simply subcutaneous. It's also often visceral (surrounding your internal organs) and can have very negative impacts on health over time from high blood pressure to colorectal cancer to cardiovascular diseases. So it's never a bad idea to work to burn some of it off, especially while you're young.

• I don't see the issue. In my opinion, it's good to be able to show some physical prowess. I mean, naturally, we were physical beings. It's unnatural to sit behind a desk for 8 hours a day. So a good selection of exercise puts one back in the body. So health comes first, but aesthetics will follow. With your body, you could easily tone up and put on some muscle, without having to do anything hugely different. Calisthenics, cardio, and natural whole body movements! And of course, to pay some attention to one's diet, as appropriate!

• you mean skinny with a little bit of fat don't you? yeah i'm like that too, i don't really think that's part of it though, I've seen plenty of girls with plenty of different guys, honestly, it's all about you, a guy is a guy to a girl, and a girl is a girl to a guy, appearance comes into a it a little, but not about your genetic makeup or your weight (to some extent)

• I mean being at normal body mass index range but out of shape.

• yeah i know, i haven't worked out in about a month or so (at least) so i'm in a similar situation to you

• A skinny fat guy is just an average guy who doesn't overeat and doesn't lift. Maybe invest in some Dumbbells?

• Didn't know you van be skinny and fat at the same time o_O

• yeah.. id say you look pretty gross

• Yeah I know. I am 25 and never had a girlfriend. Girls don't talk to me.

• u again lol go to gym lol get muscle