Why is it ok for a man to be very hairy , however not so much a woman to have hairy legs?

1|0
4|13

Most Helpful Girl

• Because humans are dumb to think that women have to be 100% hairless to look feminine. Even with the hair women get from being a human we are still no where near as hairy as men. So having is mostly just to make males happy and not be grossed out.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• For some Europeans they like to have armpit hair and some hair in the pubic region not so much in the legs though. Honest answer I don't know - I had a look on Google
    www.todayifoundout.com/.../

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be like velcro and we'd end up sticking together :-D

2|0
    0|0
  • Double standards... it is always the case with men and women. I have to admit I am guilty though, the feel of a woman's nice smooth shaved legs is totally sexy!

0|1
    0|0
  • We ain't used to that

1|0
    0|0
  • Hairy body- higher male hormone (testosterone)
    Hairless body-higher female hormone (estrogen)

0|2
    0|0
  • I could care less if a women is hairy such as legs, arms, crotch, armpits, chest, ass, or belly. I actually like it. If my girlfriend doesn't shave for whatever reason I am cool with it. Why do you ask?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of female competition. It has nothing to do with us males being bossy, but rather with with women trying to look more feminine to attract guys.

0|0
    0|0
    • So if your girlfriend had hairy legs, you wouldn't tell her to shave?

• It's fine for a woman to be hairy. It's called competition.

1|0
    1|0
  • Because men and women are not the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but you can do what you want. Men like women who are hairless. It's feminine.

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks more feminine, if women had as much hair on them as us you wouldn't be much different than a guy

0|0
    0|0
  • I can imagine how hairy you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because hairy is hairy body is manly and girls don't wanna have manly bodies unless manly bodies is your drift

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Being hairy is generally considered a masculine trait.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very good question, the best i have seen so far which actually makes one think hmmm i don't have a real answer but i know i hardly have any hair at all on my legs which my friends envy, but i too always wondered, i guess men are seen as more masculine to have much more hairy legs than women do, I don't know but i heard some French women do not shave their armpits so who knows.

2|0
    0|0
  • Men get away with being more "natural" because up until the last 50 years or so, women didn't have a choice about what they found attractive or not. They had to marry and obey a guy to get by. Now that it's evening out, guys are grooming and paying attention to fitness and hygiene more.

2|1
    0|0