Do you believe that when you hit certain mature age?

you have to stop being self-consious of your physical appearance? I mean im not saying you have to dress like a slob with a messy hair and torn clothes, of course not, you can dress presentable, but being self consious if you are an adult above certain ag is something you have to stop worry about
For example, today I went out with some former classmates from high school, me and another classmate we had make up on, the other 2 did not wear make up. One is very pretty, and like to dress very chic, the other ones are average like me, but I always like to look presentable, that is how I am since many years ago. The other lady did not wear make up becuase since I know her, she never like to put on make up, and she is more of a simple lady, that is the way she is, and her personality I respect her. The remaining one do wear make up in other ocassions I have gone out with her, but not today. I was the only single of the 4.
So I asked a waiter at the coffee shop to take a pic of the 4 of us for the memories, as I dont know when we will see again, so the one who was simple and no make up, did not want to be in the picture cause she says she did not look presentable, or she did not look good like the rest of us.

We say common we all came here together to enjoy some time and have fun how can u not be in the picture. At the end she accepted. Then for a comment she said, do not upload the pic on FB as I dont want other former classmates to see me or other people. I mean she did not look so bad, she simply had no make up. FIrst of all, this lady does not even have a FB account, so if other people see her, noone can't comment directly to her but also this former classmate does not even hang out often with other classmates, in fact she hardly goes to reunions, gatherings, so I dont see the problme of other people see her as if she see them often or run into them quite often, which that never happens, in fact she is like a hermit to other ex classmates from high school.

The one who does not want to be in FB is the Chinese lady

What Guys Said 2

• I think you all look great - It is nice to see a group of women confident in themselves - Not judging their place in the world, much more beautiful than 5,000 dollar designer dress, make up and coiffeured hair,

• Why? All of this is very ironic.
    This thing makes me kind of laugh because you mean this woman should stop being like this in those situation. She should stop it. So what you are meaning is that it is more or less OK (and understandable?) to be self-contious when you're younger but not when you already reach some age.

But on the other hand, it's OK to keep wearing make up like when you were 20. I would ask, why at certain age don't women stop wearing make up too?

To me both things (the reaction of this woman being self-contious in this situation and wearing make up for this meeting) are a consequence of worrying about physical appearance. Why do you keep wearing make up? I bet you would feel self-contious too if not.

It makes no sense to me.

• I just meant for teh pic, it was a gatehring between friends, to have a picture for store memories so how one of them does not want to be in the picture just because she does not like how she looks. We are not forcing her to have make up on, each person is different, some like to wear make up others dont, ithat is fine but it seems for her is not fine to be in the picture because she believes she does not look good, we dont care about that.

• She could have believed you would automatically post the picture on Facebook, which is probably what scared her. She must be self-contious at being on the spotlight... Chinese people are usually very discrete.

What Girls Said 1

• is this supposed to be a myTake lmao?