Why does people say ''skinny is not feminine''?

well, i've felt bad for this like for a year now
i have high metabolism so it doesn't matter how much i eat i don't gain any weight
i have a ''petite'' body and i feel really bad about it because i don't feel atractive to males, it seems if you don't have curves/big boobs/butt/etc, you're not considered as a woman.
to be honest i feel ashamed of my body and i hate the fact that no matter how much i eat or exercise it won't help

Most Helpful Guy

• >> it seems if you don't have curves/big boobs/butt/etc, you're not considered as a woman.

For me my ideal type became slim (it wasn't always). It was after I dated a very slim and athletic woman and fell in love with her body.

It's easy to idolize bodies with giant boobs and butt since their whole body emphasizes one of the most blatant and obvious and most sexualized parts of the female body.

But it would require a blind person to see that Taylor Swift, for example, isn't a woman.

I'd say you're perfectly feminine regardless of your boob or butt size. Femininity goes all the way to bone structure. If you look at the skeleton of a man and woman, the differences are blatant and obvious. And you seem to be in reasonable shape -- excellent.

Hopefully more guys appreciate that over the bombshell figure over time. Again I still idolized the bombshell type in my youth -- back then the Pamela Anderson top-heavy type was popular. Now some more emphasis has been placed on big butts -- maybe more Kim K.

But guys who date around enough will realize that purely visual appeal and appealing to all the senses: touch, sound, smell, taste, sight all combine to make a woman beautiful.

>> i have high metabolism

As for this, someone pointed out to me that "high metabolism" is a myth. The human is a simple machine, calories in, calories spent. If you can eat a ton and you don't gain much weight, probably you're more active in some way than those around you. I used to also think I had a "high metabolism" but in retrospect I was sprinting, climbing, jumping, and riding half-pipes with a skateboard every day.

• The human [body] is a simple machine, calories in, calories spent.

What Guys Said 10

• I haven't heard that before. You should set your own standards for yourself, there are tons of girls out there who would swap you.. So just be happy with what you got. I like curvy, I'm not going to lie.. But face matters more than anything and being healthily skinny definitely isn't a turn off.

• How is skinny and petite not feminine? I feel more masculine around such women :) They're perfect.

• I prefer slim body frames personally.

• That's horrible, I love petite girls, fit girls, tall thin girls... Nothing is sexier, fat women who are too lazy to take care of themselves who dictate the trends on social media have essentially waged war on girls like you and it must be difficult, but there are honest men out there like me who aren't affected by that and still admit that you're sexy if you present the chance. I hope we get to talk :)

• Don't be ashamed of who you are! What are your measurements? What does your daily caloric/protein/carb/fat intake look like? What does your daily workout look like?

• Women cone in different sizes. I know women who are skinny, toned, muscular, chubby, bbw, ssbbw who are feminine. Just be yourself because we all have haters.

• How old are you? Maybe just give it time.

• Because they don't have plump ass and no have boobs.

• Your being attractive to males has nothing to do with your imagines causes of it, baby.

You should feel ashamed only of your silliness, or, seeing your age, maybe not even that.

• it is feminine in my opinion. People say its not feminine, because there probably jealous.
    OR because its normal for women to have more fat then muscle. Because men are usually more lean.

What Girls Said 4

• First of all, you are beautiful in your own unique way.

Also, confidence is the sexiest thing a woman can wear so regardless of her being curvy or petite, if you are happy in your own skin then men will instantly be attracted to you.

So learn to embrace your body. Again, you are beautiful <3

• who gives a damn about what 'people' say?

• Stupid people say "skinny is not feminine"
    In fact all clothes were designed for skinny people and then xsizes were made bcs not everyone was skinny
    My crush said this and he's profesional in this degree

• No one says that shit.