What is stopping you from being body confident?

As you all know, summer's here and this year more than ever I have noticed both genders are really insecure about their bodies adn the way they look in swimming suits or just in general. Iknow it is normal to have insecurities and I have them as well, but this could have a lot of different sources so I want to get to know as many of them as possible.

So please share with me what's stopping ou from being confident? Is it media, or comments on your body that stuck with you forever or is there anything else?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because I know I'm overweight, and I can't help but compare myself to everyone else around me. Especially at the pool, because literally 97% of people that I see who are close to my age have good enough bodies. But nobody would wanna see me with my shirt off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Comments on my body that has stuck with me forever.
    Growing up, I was made fun of for being skinny. I have been called a numerous amounts of names, from 'bones' to 'skinny bitch'. Once I was told to never wear a bikini or else I will scar everyone on the beach for life...
    Now, I have old classmates and a bunch of other people telling me I look 'good' or whatever but I can't tell if they or joking or not. My mom says I should stop being insecure because 'I have nothing to be insecure about blah blah blah' but that isn't the case. I'm currently trying really hard to gain weight because I don't think that insecurity is going to go away unless I gain a significant amount of weight. I don't know, I just feel like a hollow skeleton most of the time.

• I feel you on this one, all my life I've been called overweight so I thought I would be happier if Iost some wegiht but everytime I reached one goa{ I reaized I was still unhapy and set another one even lower.
      My point is you shoud love your body during the process of gaining weight as well,
      And as for the bikini, rock it girl! I was seventeen the first time I wore one and I was still overweight and it was fun. Don't let those comments by ignorant people win!

What Guys Said 14

• Nothing until recently my close female freind started teasing me about being a skinny bean pole. Now all of the women are teasing me about it and are trying to get me to eat constantly. I mean come on I'm skinny but I can also easily lift all of my female freinds. Though they did not know it until I lighted some of them.

• By the time you get to my age, you have stop being body conscious - I just observe my body from a health point of view and that is only concern.

• My metabolism isn't helping me gain weight, which I would then turn into muscle.
    I'm happy with how topless selfies look right now, but, I'm always told that I need to gain weight. I would if MY METABOLISM DIDN'T WORK SO DAMN FAST 😂

• Gotta trim this fat on my body and i'll be good, I have a solid amount of muscle mass. 👍

• Who say's I'm not?

• I'm pretty confident.

• nothing

• I don't feel confident because I'm a little bit chubby, I got acne all over my chest and some of the past acne left scars...
    It's myself who is stopping me from being confident, I admit it

• The fact that the one thing i hate about my body is the one thing i can't change.

• Well I just lost 30kg in the last year and still have another 10 to go, so there's that haha
    The world is not yet ready to lay eyes upon this chubby stomach!

• Because I have a bad body

• Growing up I was made fun of for being really scrawny so I think that's had a huge impact on my personality. I've been working out seriously at the gym for well over a year now and now I have a muscular body but I still feel small and scrawny and lanky. I think I'll always feel that way.

• I have a friend like you.. it pisses me off

• No the fact that you're hot n muscular now and you'll never see it. I try soooo hard to make him see it but he just can't. Makes me mad.

• @SoAddicted Well that's really nice of you.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• im not where i wanna be basically. it's also the fact that it's never a secure confidence. it comes and goes, and that's quite frustrating.

• Nothing, I never had to deal with body confidence issue, thankfully. : )

• the only thing that stops me from being a sassy confident lady is clothes , I'm a odd body shape and it is really hard finding clothes that fit , also being in between sizes is frustrating

• Im confident. Just dgaf what people think and you'll be confident.

Also work out.

• No problem for me. I don't mind walking in a tank and short or a bikini. All bodies are different, but if you take care of it, nothing to be ashamed for it.