I consider myself overweight but people don't see me as overweight I don't understand why?

I've lost about 25lbs recently but I'm still not skinny it says I'm slightly overweight but my friends don't see me as overweight even if I go shopping for swimsuits I tell them that I can't wear a medium so I get the large. They think I can wear a bikini or smaller size but I don't understand why. I still have love handles, and stretch marks, and fat :(

Most Helpful Guy

• You would be surprised how many "Average" "Normal" bodies might have a little bit of a belly etc - I think the person themselves think it is much more obvious than it actually is.

Most Helpful Girl

• what says you're slightly overweight? and look trust me, guys actually like it when a girl isn't stick thin. people come in all shapes and sizes. stretch marks are totally normal I have them too, a lot of people do. I used to be VERY self conscious about them until a guy (whom I like so its a bonus hehe) said it is completely normal and guys find them attractive. and come on, love handles, sounds appealing to me lol. but anyways all us girls think we are fatter or uglier than we actually are. Be proud of your body, confidence is key and is he most attractive quality one can have!

What Guys Said 9

• Everyone (especially women) tend to see themselves worse then they are, fat, ugly etc. Not many people like their own appearance.

• probably cause you look fit.

• You're beautiful just the way you are, they see you as a friend and accept you as you are.
    I would accept you as you are , love handles, stretch marks and all

• Maybe you have similar thoughts to someone with body dysmorphia. I'm not saying you do have this, but it could be possible that you do not look overweight at all and it's because of insecurities that you see yourself as so.

• I believe you are nice and beautiful
    :) if you dont feel comfortable with yourself, you might lose some weight :)

• You probably look better than you think.

• Think for a moment. Who is ever going to say "yeah you are fat" to their friends? They are just trying to spare your feelings.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Please speak with a doctor about your body issues.