So I hate emo but I love Goth I get mistaken for an emo all the time do I look emo?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• To many people goth and emo are both the same. Only the ones who want to be seen as only one of those two, or have been interested in it before know the exact differences. The two first pics look Goth to me, the other ones look more emo.

What Guys Said 18

• Recommending watching: South Park, season 17, episode 4 "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers"

• Emo is more of a mental issue or a pessimistic personality. Also maybe due to trauma, or a bad experiences socially growing up.

• You mean they are not the same?

• Who the fuck cares, most normal people see them as the same. If you don't like it, dress a different way...

• Um I do, and I'm not going to dress a different way for a reason like that a lot of people appreciate the work many goths put into it! I'm not going to stop because a few people confuse me for a trashy girl with big hait

• I'm not telling you too. I'm just saying if you are going to choose to dress that way, then you can't get all bent out of shape by the way people react to it. If you don't like the way people look at you because of it, either change the way you dress, or shut up about it. I have told friends of mine the same thing.

• I'm not bent out of shape at all! I'm otay with it but I just asked this question to know if I am going out of my Goth styal and fading into emo

• Ehhh you're all black. Goth is colourful.

• The cyber goth type is the more colorfully one not the traditional goth

• @funny_strange_man I just googled and it does indeed look like the word 'gothic' has completely lost its meaning in recent years lol

The word "cyber' just adds mechanical influences to the dress code. Originally "gothic" was a very colourful and flowery thing.

• yes you look emo too

• Barely emo, you look mostly goth with a light dash of scene

• You look goth, but I can see how people might mistake you for emo if they are uneducated haha

• You have more of a punk goth look.

• I think more Goth and kinda hot.

• You're obviously goth, but most people can't even tell the difference, so don't sweat it.

7 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• i like your style
    nice glasses by the way

• I'm not gonna lie, I can't tell the difference between goth emo or rockers.

• Based on your colored picture, yes, you have an emo look.