Does your appearance ever hold you back?

Have you ever been invited somewhere or wanted to do something but didn't because of your appearance? For example, someone didn't like how their body looked so they didn't go swimming with friends because of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I hate swmiming or having my shirt off. I used to have a flat stomach and could see my abs 6 years ago, but I had a injury to a ligament in my shoulder that took 4 years to heal. Then I had almost 3 years of depression (still have it but not as bad). So now I have a belly that jiggles and it makes me very insecure.

• I hope you're doing better now! Don't feel too insecure, it's normal to have a belly that jiggles a little.

• Oh that's not even that much of a weight gain! You could totally get the body you want in a few months of hard work haha, good luck!

• Thanks. I can't wait to start again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Constantly.

What Guys Said 10

• Nope -- streaker through and through (comes out when drunk). I could probably use a little more shame when it comes to my body.

• In the past, yes. I was fat and I would never be shirtless anywhere. I didn't swim in a lot of places because of it, for example. Today I have no problems with it since I'm not fat anymore.

• Yes it does >>>>> racism

• Plenty of times

• not really

• Yeah.

• No im confident about my body but i could see that being a fine excuse

• yes. :(

• I don't smile in pics since I need braces and a crown for my front tooth.

• I have the same problem only I have two very small teeth compared to the rest so it looks funky

• it holds me back from going up to pretty girls

What Girls Said 3

• yea happened

• No, I don't think so.

There are days when I feel ehh about my face.
    All I have to do is take a cool shower and the irritated feeling goes away.

• Yeah