Which photo is better? Effects vs. No effects?

Sorry if anyone doesn't like this picture I took this after I finished washing my body and hair. I'm wearing a towel yes but i have a strapless bra on and pants.

I like to think I'm strong enough to take criticism so if you feel the need to tell me I'm ugly even though I don't think I am and I'm only asking about the effects then I suppose I can't stop you, I am asking for your opinion after all

• Effects Which photo is better? Effects vs. No effects?
  • No Effects Which photo is better? Effects vs. No effects?

Most Helpful Guy

• How about some light touch-ups?

Some levels adjustment, just a tad bit of noise to blend out the vertical camera artifacts, little bit of brightness, and a screen effect with gaussian blur to kind of add a subtle glow to the skin, a mild change in cropping to try to improve the composition.

Just a hasty Photoshop edit:
    https://s10.postimg.org/537i1msix/touched_up.png

Actually scratch that. I think in the thumbnail I realized it brought out the artifacts a bit too much. Maybe just B is good.

Glad you like the second one -- I hate the first try, I got tunnel-visioned. I'm far from a pro but just know some basic Photoshop from some work I did in the fact.

In your original photo the levels in values was like this:
      https://s9.postimg.org/lnfxtdr27/levels.png

... which suggests that the Photo is kind of skewed and taken in not the most ideal lighting conditions. Clamping the range of values so that light and dark colors are evenly distributed tends to make it easier to discern the full range of values in the photo and make features pop out more.

It's one of the easiest but effective tweaks to a photo to kind of make it stand out.

[...] but just know some basic Photoshop from some work I did in the fact [/past]. [...]

Most Helpful Girl

• You're so beautiful!!! Dayum 😍

What Guys Said 10

• B is definitely the best! You are so lovely, though. Any photo is going to look good!

• i don't think the effects do anything to enhance

• No Effects of course. I think natural is always better.

• Unless you aspire to be a lobster I suggest you go with photo 2.

• None lol

• no effects looks more better

• NOne is gud. Try other poses...

• No Effects

• Depends. How bad are you trying to scare people?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• natural one

• No effects - you are pretty.

• No effects

• Not to be mean or nasty, but the effects aren't flattering or properly done. You're a beautiful girl and need no filters (:

• The second by far.