How do you feel more confident?

I know it is dumb but I always get very sad about my looks, because I feel like people judge others based on how pretty they are. I really am so tired of being down about it and I want to know if you have any tips to just forget about looks and behappy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's just about self acceptance and comfortability. If you judge other people for who they are rather than simply their appearance then know that you're not the only one and other people will accept or reject you because of who you are and not just because of what you make look like.

And don't let the opinions of people who judge you solely on your looks keep you down. Would you really want someone who is that kind of person to be in your life? I'd have a hard time feeling safe and vulnerable around someone that shallow.

It's okay to have flaws. It's what makes us human. Everyone sees flaws in themselves. What you may see as a flaw about yourself someone else might see as something endearing about you. It's just perception.

Thank you.. I know you are right but its hard because I feel like in college people care about looks sooo much

I know what you mean. Yeah college seems to be the time and place where shallow judgement is at it's worst.

Most Helpful Girl

• Takes time to love yourself and be confident in yourself. Everyone has there flaws and something about themselves they don't love/like. It took me a while to be more confident in myself I wrote on sticky notes quotes such as I'm beautiful, I love me, etc and repeat when I wake up. Something else that helped me be more confident was not caring about what other people thought of me and just learning to love myself. It's my body and I am going to live with it until I die. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are beautiful.

What Guys Said 28

• Build value within yourself that doesn't rely on looks.

• Just do whatever the hell you want without giving a damn and use those who admire your looks as your followers to amuse you when you're bored.

True confidence doesn't stop and dissect the reasons why people like you. It just stops at the fact that people like you. Then you can get away with a lot.

• I gain my confidence from others. As long as there is 1 person around me, even if that person is putting me down or is negative or just doesn't have anything about them at all, I still gain strength from them. But a 1 on 1.. Yeah, hah. If it's arguing with a person who's just as logical and intellectual as me, I'm fine. But most times, they raise their voice and start getting closers which throws me off.

• judging by your profile picture you look gorgeous and stunning. and dont worry about people judging you because people are gonna judge you in the end no matter what you do or not do. and dont get sad about your looks, i would be very happy to date a girl like you because you are beautiful

• In all honestly you're only really trying to impress one other person and not the whole world. If you're trying to impress the whole world you're fighting a battle that can't be won. I personally love mangos but I know people that hate them. Just be true to yourself and beautiful to your significant other because that person is the only one that should matter

• I seriously think you need to chill
    Why?
    Cause you're beautiful AF if that's you in your profile pic
    I can understand it happens cause of insecurities but everyone have flaws
    All you need to do is take a deep breathe and tell yourself that you're awesome 😊
    You definitely will rock

• It is very easy to feel insecure about your physical appearance, because sometimes, it is out of your control.
    You may have a less desirable bone structure, birth mark, or other abnormality that makes you unsure about how you look.

I have found that thinking of the positive aspects of myself, and focusing on what I can control, has helped my confidence tremendously.

You must eventually overcome your insecurities or turn them into strengths. That is what great people do! Be Great!

• If this is how you feel that means you are not free from other people nor yourself and what I mean by that is you are so trapped in a consciousness that brings you down opposed to a state of thinking that you, yourself are made beautiful and set apart from others, and when you receive and accept what others may think about you, you are actually recieving lies that are ment to bring you down and that is also accepting defeat, but if you stand in what is true, you walk victorious, you'll be free from that self loathing concious. Then you'll be so free from your own way of thinking about yourself, that you'll free from other peoples "thoughts". What im saying may sound cliche and maybe even confusing but it is true that you are beatuful and you are gods master piece. If you stay strong in that you will overcome.

• > be tall jacked athletic
    > Flex in war grease
    > Congrats u r accepted by media √

• I think you're pretty :) but I think a good technique to gain self confidence is by looking at yourself in the mirror and understanding that you're not only what you see in the mirror but you're infinite consciousness! You ARE a soul. You HAVE a body.

Oh and something you could try is to put "THANK YOU" on a paper and stick it on a wall you look at every day (in your room) :)

• You do realize that you're like... very VERY pretty right? :)

• Let people know the real you, don't be afraid to show you're true self. Have a 'take it or leave it' attitude

• Your pretty tho don't be so hard on yourself, hey look I will talk to you lol, I'm cool maybe just a little perverted sometimes but cool but honestly your pretty I feel this way sometimes too.

• dammit girl! ur pretty af. the gell is wrong with u?

• I just go on the whole, I am me and i am unique, Therefore i am happy with who i am

• A man who like you and tell you that you are very beautiful

• Confidence comes from a strong heart and mind. My confidence comes from my accomplishments.

• Your cute!

• Taking my braces off made me feel more confident 😅

• When I 'm

• Just love your self, excuse me but is that you on your profile picture?

• Shave your butthole, take a shit before, and wash your dirty ass. Then you ready to take on the day ;)

• You're right, people do judge others based on their looks. If the girl in your profile pic is you, you have very little to fear though.

• I struggle with this a lot as well. I know that guys aren't supposed to give a shit, but I give a shit. The one thing I've heard from friends regarding girls is to learn to be comfortable with yourself. If you can feel comfortable in your own skin, someone will simply like you cause you're you. I completely understand where you're coming from since I'm very self-conscious in many ways regarding both smarts and looks, even though I do cardio 3-4 days a week, lift twice a week, and try to read news articles and books as much as I can.

Before I end my little rant, I can tell you that you're very pretty and shouldn't feel bad about how you look. It may not sound like much coming from a random guy on the Internet, but you truly are. You look like you have an athletic physique which looks great for a majority of men. You're blessed with good looks, and I hope you feel better about yourself.

Take care :)

That breaks my heart that you are so down on yourself. You seem so, so sweet and you probably are much smarter and better looking than you realize! But that is so good for you that you are working hard to change what you are insecure about instead of complaining about it. I know all you effort will pay off !! but even if you are still insecure what you said is so true, looks aren't Everything. And people will like you for other reasons. And thank you so much for this compliment I know I seems dumb but every nice word reallydoes make me feel a little better

Your comment doesn't seem dumb lol. I appreciate your feed back though! You'll be just fine in the long run!

4 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• I just think about what I do really good and focus on that and that makes me confident

• Not care what people judge and think of you unless it's someone you want to change for

• Yea I had low confidence too but not anymore
    I feel good about myself and only bcs of some people on here

• Well one thing that I do is every morning look in the mirror and pick out three things that you LIKE about yourself. That usually starts off my day feeling better and happy:) But you are so pretty girl you don't need to be stressing !!

• I know I have the potential to look bad and good, everyone's got that potential. So, I choose to value my own opinion more than other people's because I'm the one who sees myself in the mirror every morning