Is it possible that I'm pretty?

I've been called pretty plenty of times by complete strangers and my family of course. They always expect me to have a boyfriend but I never have. I've never even had my first kiss and I'm in the 11th grade. Guys look at me but they don't approach me, I notice it and my mom noticed it. I've been told I have resting bitch face, maybe that's why? Also, I'm really introverted, insecure, and quiet. Why don't guys hit on me? Maybe it's because I don't wear makeup and slutty clothes? But It seems like if you're pretty, guys will hit on you.

Most Helpful Guy

• "resting bitch face, maybe that's why? Also, I'm really introverted, insecure, and quiet." Are you my sister?
    "Why don't guys hit on me?" The more you isolate yourself by being you, that is introverted, looking pissed off, worried, quiet, the more you remind of a person which has problems and remind of problems. It's just hard to get through that barrier and get to you. After all, if you're angry looking, you'll scare people off a bit. This has Nothing to do with your looks, but with your personality. It's not bad, it's just cold and not very welcoming (I'm exactly like you so trust me I don't judge you and I understand).
    "Maybe it's because I don't wear makeup and slutty clothes?" No it's not. Trust me you don't want to try looking like a whore.
    "But It seems like if you're pretty, guys will hit on you. " It's not good enough. If you're an ice queen you'll be beautiful but not charming. No boy heart can melt that ice barrier. Once again I had the same problem so I don't judge. Don't wear make up, be natural, be you. And scr.. slutty clothes. You really don't want to ruin your image of a serious minded no-nonsense girl and look like a slut boys will want to use.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, it is possible. Of course, it's also possible that my stool are actually Baby Ruth Bars, but I'm not about to eat one to find out!

• Pretty can be intimidating. If you look annoyed on top of that, it can be demotivating to guys who are thinking about approaching ya.

The usual fix for this, as far as I know, is to make an effort to socialize some. Let people know that you are approachable. Give a friendly smile to the guys you want approaching you.

• That's how I am right now, I've been more open to talking with strangers in the past but it seems for me the bad experiences outweight the good ones and I can't talk to almost anyone so I rather just keep it to the amount of words needed and stay with it.
    As a guy that's very low key but I had girls hint on me but I know I suck at building up a connection.

• Yes, but it depends on the guy. some may think you're pretty but others might think you're really ugly at the same time

• pERFECT YOU ARE EXCATLY LIKE ME.. LOL... HAVE ALOOK AT MY MOST RECENT QUESTION...

• Try hitting on guys and see what happens, get some of their real world opinions. Because if you're not actually gonna show us your face it will be very hard to judge your looks :)

• You are the prettiest I've seen so far.

• It's very unlikely cause you are anon and have no picture

• 11th grade? wait till you reach 30. then you can begin to worry.

• Anything is possible. No way for anyone here to answer.

What Girls Said 10

• If a lot of people say it, its mostly true. However you don't have to worry if guys will hit on you or not. A lot of times its confidence issue. But if the boys your attracted to are attracted to girls who do wear a lot of makeup and slutty clothes, they aren't for you. They will look just to stare and admire your beauty from afar. But most young boys and men today are just looking for an easy lay and a relationship to add on into it.

Being an introvert is not a problem.
    Being quiet is okay. Some guys love quiet girls and feel they are not high maintenance.
    Being insecure is hardly an issue if guys are going to prey on girls like you. But you do need to have confidence in yourself as a young woman. Don't rush to be like everybody else.

I've been in your situation multiple times growing up and still do. Your not alone. If you want a boyfriend it will happen in its own time. If there is a guy you like, you need to approach him and try to be friends with him. Socialize with him and don't be afraid to take a step out of your comfort zone a little. Make sure the attention is on you. But also make sure that he is approachable as well as for yourself. If your not being approachable, guys won't talk to you.

I like this, thanks :)

• "I'm really introverted, insecure, and quiet."

I think the lack of boys in your life may have more to do with that statement above than whether you're pretty or not. You probably are pretty, but if you don't look friendly or open to talking to people, boys are more likely to stay away. Even below average-looking girls date and get boyfriends, but many of them are social and use that to their advantage.

• same same same same. I get stared at a lot by guys as if they are hypnotized, but I've never had a boyfriend. one guy was gonna ask me out but he chickened out. i asked one guy out and he rejected. what all of these guys have in common is that they would stare at me all the time. i dont know why. (in total I've had 7 guys stare at me but I've never had a boyfriend :).. oh and when i mean stare i mean like hypnotized stare.. as if i had something in my face. they would stare to the point where i felt uncomfortable. I don't know whats wrong w me tho...

There's nothing wrong with you, you're probably beautiful but you are in the same situation I'm in

you probably are too :) !!

• I have felt the same girl and yes it is possible!!

You sound JUST like me... except im in college and still haven't had a kiss. I did finally go on a date but it was because I went on a dating website -_- so I feel like it doesn't really count or it's just sad my first date wasn't through real life

I dress conservative but not old lady, just classy or wholesome and I guess that doesn't catch attention much. I hardly wear make up but I noticed that more guys hit on me when I do dress up... the quality isn't necessarily better though.

I think guys dont know how to approach shy girls since we dont talk a lot and aren't out there opening up easily. Most guys won't take the tell because it's too much work. I kinda dont blame them because I've tried it with a shy guy and I couldn't tell if he liked me. But anyways ya guys outside of school hit on me but it's mostly the old elderly men

• You may be pretty in subtle way when guys want pretty in loud way. Many guys just don't understand what's good for them.

• You sound like me

Yeah you're pretty

• Then approach them. There problem solved

• post a pic? we can't tell you what we really think if we dont know what u look like. do u expect us to tell u ur pretty w/o even seeing u? lmao

• Maybe post a pic and then you'll get an honest awnser.