Why does my mom hate this pic?

she paid for a photoshoot for my birthday and she's so critical
Why does my mom hate this pic?

Most Helpful Girl

• So maybe I'm the only one here but uh... this girl is not made of plastic? She is flesh and real. Look at this pic with he knees pulled up to her boobs in that slouchy position and then look at a normal stance in her profile picture. I mean does she REALLY have "fat" dripping off of her bones? Of course she here stomach looks like that, its flesh and she's not an abs model, but "fat"? Come on lol. She's just human lol.

Yes. I said she looked fat because i truly mean it, not to be an asshole. Yet i got many downvotes for expressing my opinion, how pathetic is that?

Are you serious? She asked for opinions and i told her what i think. Should i have lied and told her she looked fit?

@Aweir lol tell whatever your heart desires. All I was saying is that I don't see her as a "fat" person. She isn't an abs model of course, but she is a healthy weight, normal fleshy woman. That's all. I was speaking for me and my opinion. Look at her standing. Is her stomach protruding out past her breasts? No. Not even a smidge sticking out. That is all I'm saying. Any normal fleshy male or female in a crunched position is going to have the same look. But nobody walks around like a hunchback, they stand where their body then has room to disperse the flesh.

What Guys Said 34

• Lol are you going to downvote me aswell if i say its because you look fat?

she's down voting everyone who said that her belly is full of fat, because she can't handle the truth well.

@Decentguy Yeah my bad. didn't read her other message

@Afrochick I apologize. didn't read your other message

• You look cute, but cameraman doesn't deserve to be payed for this photo..

• It's a terrible picture that makes you look fat.

The guy taking the pic doesn't deserve to get paid.

• Bad pose. You look all squished. So, it's not very flattering.

• The photo looks okay, you look very cute but I would have done a different pose, it gives wrong impression of you, you seem quite fit but sitting scrunched like that does nobody any favours.

For example your face, arms and legs give a more accurate pic of what you are truly like.

• Probably showing too much skin for her liking. As long as you like it, who cares? I think it's a great photo and nothing wrong with it. You also appear to be at a beach so of course you'd be wearing a bikini. She's probably old fashioned and believes in the one piece suits.

• Did you ask her why? Nothing seems to be wrong with the photo. It's not particularly special but nothing wrong with it.

• because its too revealing, and you look very fat

dude, @Jan1ssary_ blocked me and now i am sad man

abe, uska chutiya kaat raha tha :-D mujhe laga tha tu usse tag karega aur phir ladayee hogi ha ha, par ab chod de, aur kaam hai

@rogerthat123 lol, hahaha

• Love your body no matter what. Who the hell cares of what other people think of your body? They may say you're fat or overweight or chubby, but if they can overlook that they would see a beautiful girl with a beautiful smile. Having said that, try a different pose that would work in your favour in the future though and perhaps you won't have as much critics from these idjits.

• My goodness, you are 🔥

• You should lose weight, js

• Oh yeah that a real brain teaser

• because it shows your little problem zones very well, the pic isn't very flattering.
    that's not what you pay for, a professional photographer should make you look as good as possible. He should have seen the problem and done something else

• i would post something with more clothes on. you dont need to show off to anyone or prove something to anyone with these pictures ;)

• Maybe because you look overweight in it

• your not fat in your profile picture but you have some meat on you so when you sit down, your belly shows. this is actually pretty normal. im pretty sure if you were standing up those rolls wouldn't even show. all these people commenting are stupid

• Probably because you are hardly wearing anything

• is it weird i want to eat you :-D? not in a sexual way but that literally reminds me of melting cheese and now i am hungry XD

ur face is cute though, dont worry, u just need to lose some weight

• Whoever took this picture should be shot! The position you are sitting in doesn't do you any favours.

I mean, it's not as if you're fat because you certainly aren't but as you are sat down, it makes your stomach look as if you are overweight. .

It's a nice picture, you look very natural even so.

• Are you 24 ? You seem so much young xD

• Because she was probably expecting a different kind of photoshoot. Did you being you on board with your exact plan BEFORE going with it? Was she WITH you at the time of the shoot?

• You are looking very nice in this pic but this pic can be taken by any of your friends or she could have taken it herself. She paid for a professional photoshoot which it's not!

• She is a bitch.

• I don't get why and you look so hot :p did she literally say she hated it?

• You aren't fat to me, I love curvy girls like you :]
    Your expression in this picture's pretty bad though, you look like you didn't give a single fuck about the picture being taken lol

• mothers will always be critical on girls wearing bikinis I think. nice boobs by the way

• its not a very flattering picture

• Hey beautiful u r so hot
    message me?

• because you look miserable and fat

• I don't know she is being weird I guess
    The girl here looks extremely sexy

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 16

• I don't think you're fat but the way you're sitting gives you stomach rolls (like it would with most people, honestly), and the bikini looks kinda small on you (like it's digging in on your hips) which just makes you look bigger. Your expression is also pretty bad in the photo, it looks awkward.

• Perhaps it's not from a very flattering angle? I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the picture, it's very natural, but yeah.

• Wow that belly fat.

It doesn't flatter you much.

• the position you're sitting in is making you look very chubby.. your rest of the body doesn't seem chubby

• The composition isn't very good. I'd be annoyed with the photographer if they wanted to be paid for a picture like this.

• She doesn't know what she's talking about. You look amazing in this picture! However I can see where see coming from in that the picture is not taken with professional grade quality (your hair is cut a bit, your legs are cut at a bad spot, etc) so she feels she wasted her money. So to an extent I agree with her, the picture is not taken good, but you look amazing in it.

• bcoz photographer didn't care about good pose for u... he could choose another angle, pose to hide ur imperfections and show good sides...
    i am a photographer, i always try to find a good angle

• Do you want my totally honest answer?

You have a beautiful face, and I would kill for a smile or hair like yours. I also have a really nice tattoo on your leg, if I'm seeing that correctly. However, the pose that the photographer chose has you slightly bent over and does what it does to anyone; it makes your stomach look much bigger than it actually is. Happens to me all the time. It's still a lovely picture though

• I see noting wrong within it

• It's a nice and natural picture. However, I agree that it isn't too flattering.

Maybe it would have been better if you had been sitting in a chair or something like that in a different position.

But, don't beat yourself up about it, you do look really lovely.

• because its a bikini pic maybe? have you asked her why?

• You pose very natural, so I think its OK

• Being honest here the pose doesn't seem natural and it shows your tummy.

• no mom would like her daighter showing so much of skin. Its just normal.

• It's a very unflattering picture. I won't list what's wrong bc others already have. Listen to your mom.. mom's are always right.

• Others have already said this, but I'll say it again. The fact is that this isn't a flattering photograph; I say that as someone with a qualification in photography.

Firstly, the composition is poor: your head is slightly off-centre which means the picture doesn't follow the standard 'rule of thirds'. This rule of composition is particularly important for portraits where the face should be the focal point. In this picture due to the composition, the lighting, and the angle of your body, there is no true focal point, which is a huge mistake in any close-up photograph. If I had to pick one thing my eye's drawn to, it's the black-and-white check bikini top simply because of the high contrast, which stands out from the rest of the picture which has a very neutral colour scheme.

Secondly, the posing is awkward. Even if we ignore the fact that your photographer allowed you to slouch forward and hunch your shoulders - terrible posture which would make even a supermodel look strange - your positioning in relation to the sun means that your right eye is squinted and that side of your face is somewhat scrunched-up because of it. I don't know where you found your supposedly-professional photographer but it seems ridiculous to me that anyone with the least understanding of photography - even if it just came from taking selfies - would let you sit at an angle to the light source (sun, in this case) which left you half-blinded.

I hope this helps. You haven't said what, specifically, your mum is critical of, or if it's just that she generally dislikes this particular photograph, but I know my mum wouldn't let me think a photograph she'd *paid* someone to take of me was flattering if it wasn't. If you really love someone, then you tell them if something (a photograph, a piece of clothing, a shade of lipstick, a behaviour, etcetera, etcetera) doesn't show them in their best light. You do it because you want to help them be the best version of themselves.