Question about dying my hair? Please help?

So I love changing up my hair style and color. It's time for a change but I have a government job and I want to know if the hair colors I want are too extreme?
Question about dying my hair? Please help?
This is what I want to do! Her hair is blonde, red and black. (it looks purple because of the photo filer she used to take this pic.) I just want to do the red and the blonde. Do you think the red would be considered a unnatural hair color? I

• Too Extreme!
    25% (7)12% (2)20% (9)Vote
  • Nah! Go for it girl!
    36% (10)50% (8)41% (18)Vote
  • tone the red down
    11% (3)12% (2)11% (5)Vote
  • not the best idea.
    28% (8)26% (4)28% (12)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I am from Ireland and work for the government - That colour and style would be okay here - In 25 years I have never seen anyone's hairstyle criticised, only one Tshirt which I think had album cover on it (which I can't remember if it was a swear word or violence on it) and even in that circumstance he was told to cover it when he was on the public counter.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You might just want to ask them. As a teacher in a secondary school everyone loved my wild colours, blue to pink and everything, but I don't know how well they will receive it. I think if you have to deal with customers/people face to face it's less likely for them to accept it. If you're doing more of a paperwork/phone kind of job they'll probably go easy on you.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• whats the rule book say about it? if you work with the public then i would find a way to tone it down a little. i think the red is ok but the blond is what sticks out the most so blend it with the red

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask your supervisor. A government job (aside from postal worker) would more than likely frown upon that. But you could probably find the answer in whatever employee handbook you were given.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's to extreme some old people will complain about anything and get angry. They don't even need a reason sometimes. I would go for a professional look, like solid color. You would be more respectable that way.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

In my opinion

• 1mo

Yeah, your do have a point. My job requires me to put my hair up and I have to wear a hair net. Which is why I didn't think that would be much of a problem. Thank you for your comment though :D

What Girls Said 2

• go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • I think going with a solid color is better, preferably in the blonde/brown spectrum. I know that's boring, but you never want to be seen as unprofessional.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Yeah, I see your point. Though my hair is already blonde and brown. Which is why want to try red and blonde. thanks for your input :D

• Show All
    • 1mo

Oh yeah I didn't think about that. Well, you could say to hell with it and just do what you want? :)

• 1mo

I think I will! beside if they have a problem I could always wear a hat. We have hats we can wear. I really don't like that I have to second guest what color I can and can't dye my hair. Blah! being a adult is no fun. Thanks again for your input.