Will I ever get a date?

I'm a college student and I've always tried and failed to get a relationship. I think it's largely due to how I look because girls never like me on dating sites. moreover, I've always been self conscious about my weight and am used to my belief that I'll be alone forever, watching my friends and relatives find love while I will never be complete. Thoughts?Will I ever get a date??

Most Helpful Girl

• Boy you look fine, my thoughts are simply that you need to work on your self esteem, rather than the things you can't change. Even the prettiest people feel ugly some times, and sometimes they can never even see their beauty. I think you look just fine, and coming from someone who's biggest fear is being alone, I can tell you it'll be okay :) I used to stay up late at night crying because I was so terrified I would die alone. I'm 24 now, and finally I met someone this summer who I was really into and he was into me as well, we've been going out for a while now and it feels rewarding to have never given up. Trust me, I don't mean to be rude, but I was kind of a moron when I was 18 because I was so negative and couldn't see the good in myself, always feeling like shit. Give it time.

• 25d

Look back at this 4 years from now, you'll have grown so much. And yeah, if it helps, I haven't had sex yet haha. My insecurities would eat me alive in the past even when guys would approach me, I felt hideous. Things are so different now, so much better. Anyway, like the guy said as well, if I can do it then so can you. Good luck babe!

What Girls Said 1

• ... I think it's mostly because it sounds like you've already accepted your fate as 'being alone forever', and so are acting accordingly. It's called the 'self-fulfilling prophecy'.

What Guys Said 6

• You don't look that bad to me at all - I would say you never know and be patient

• Dude you hang in there bro. Honestly you're not a bad looking guy ( no homo ). I know it can be hard when you don't realize your potential, especially when women arnt showing you attention. My suggestion would be to ask yourself which you care about more. Finding a nice pretty girl you can date and be in shape and feel better about yourself etc, or continue down the path you've been on. If you want change start by committing to watching what you eat and going to the gym, imagine if you did this 6 months ago where you would be right now. When you are physically fit you feel more confident as well. Then when you feel better about yourself just start approaching women in public, with no end game in mind. Just walk up and say him and a few sentences and quick convo. Get used to talking to pretty girls until you're not nervous. Do this as much as it takes. Then when your ready and you talk and connect with one, ask her for her number ! And boom you got yourself a date !!

• Lose the weight and you'll look okay.

• If i can do it then so can you

• You can't walk around with that attitude. You project your confidence, or lack thereof on the outside. I would say go out as much as you can with your friends and have good times. Make yourself happy and let the rest happen on your own

• I wish I was your age again. I would be focused on my education. When you improve your self esteem and grow up a bit (physically) you won't have to worry about getting a date 👍