Should I get a nose job?

Should I get a nose job?

Okay, I'm nervous posting this. I've had insecurities about my nose for a couple years now. I find it to be super pudgey and feel like it makes my face look dumb or annoying. I don't know if it's some kind of thing my mind has made up or if I should actually save up for one. It looks fine from the side but the front really bothers me. Should I get a nose job and if so, what kind would I be looking to get? Please don't be super harsh I'm really insecure about this

Here is a picture of my nose contoured making stupid ass duck face sorry (looks like my blind Nana lined my lips)

http://imgur.com/CbdkqIR
Okay, thanks a lot guys! Lots of good advice and positive comments that I wasn't expecting. Really put my mind at ease and had made me reconsider the nose job all together. Going to work on my confidence and talk to a counselor. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get why so many women seemed to be focused on their nose? It's a nose. Not only do guys not pay attention to that but there is almost always (99.9%) nothing wrong with it. Surgery isn't going to change it that much and god knows how much you'd pay for it (not only $ but pain, time, etc). All for nothing in my opinion. SOOOO not necessary. Your nose is 100% normal. Nothing wrong with it at all. Looks perfect.

• Okay thanks for your opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Your nose doesn't look bad at all to me if I'm honest, but I can also see how you would want to improve it. Make sure it's just your nose you're dissatisfied with and not an overall feeling of insecurity because a nose job won't fix that.
    The kind that you would be looking to get (I don't recommend asking GaG this by the way because nobody here is a certified plastic surgeon) depends on what you want fixed. If you want a slimmer bridge, you'd be looking at having your bridge broken and then brought closer together (imagine making a tent slimmer - it's like that). If you want to make the tip slimmer, they could cut off part of the 2 pieces of cartilage you see when opening the nose and possibly grafting them in the septum area. Check RealSelf to see before and after photos and people's experiences.
    I think your nose looks nice but it's ultimately up to you. Just make sure you get the medical information at your consultation with a plastic surgeon and not GaG :P

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 21

• No don't do it! Your nose looks nice the way it is! :)

I think that this is indeed a case of "some kind of thing your mind has made up", so it's difficult for you to see past your own perceptions, and to realize that your nose is perfectly fine.

Please don't get a nose job. A girl's natural nose is one of the things that makes her face unique and cute, and waaay too many girls get nose jobs --- taking away from their unique cuteness --- when there was nothing wrong with their noses at all!

• I can honestly say that most any woman's nose looks adorable to me, if I actually look at it (I normally don't think a thing about it), as long as it is somewhat symmetrical. Not sure why. Unusually large, small, strange shaped, or partially or totally missing ones might catch my attention for a second, and then I'm like huh, that's actually really adorable. Yours is no exception. Actually looks pretty typical to me.

• One that's totally missing seems rare lol but I understand. Thanks good points

• it will do nothing to make u attractive as such. Ur looking at the visible problem, not the actual cause of the problem. U have paranasal hollowing. Getting nose fixed is legit only for nostril flares. Apart from that, the problem is ALWAYS in the overall bone structure.

• Okay, does that mean my nostrils are turned up too much? I'm not sure

• the shape of ur nose is not a problem, its the hollowness around the nose. Its the reason u have slight smile lines even though ur not smiling. I wouldn't bother too much with the nosejob tbh, its not an issue. U actually have nice features and can be very beautiful with a bit of effort.

• if you think your nose is big it could actually be your maxilla/upper jaw being too far back, did u have braces growing up if i may ask?

• No my teeth are very straight, I see what you mean and I was actually thinking maybe it's my mouth area that makes it look bigger

• if ur really concerned about it I would have whats called a functional orthodontist check out to see if ur maxilla and arches are well formed and not recessed. u might be suprised what problems it can cause

• i don't think you should get a nose job. and i actually like your nose without the makeup contouring stuff

• People do it all the time, goto a rhinoplasty place for options and stuff, if it really bothers you. I think it looks fine maybe a little pudgy.

• Okay thanks for your honesty

• No, don't do anything to your face, be happy with what you look like

• it seems pretty fine to me.

• Okay thank you

• I don't need glasses but I bought some fake ones because I really like the way they look (rectangular shaped ones not huge hipster ones) and I got a lot of compliments which makes me think I look better with them I think they make my nose look smaller

• actually I was about to tell that thing rn but you're already wearing glasses then I really wish to see you in it. you're really look super fine and cute to me.

• no your nose looks normal but your eyes need work they are all red and weird 😉

• nope

• Your nose is perfectly fine. If at all, you could rather use makeup to highlight other features that you are more confident about. But if you ask me, I like your nose. :) Specially in the 2nd picture.

• I think you have great hair, and that you don't need the surgery.
    I'd ask you out ;j

• No. I would lick your nose

• wonderful lip in updated pic who care about nose when such a sexy lady

• Don't be silly you look fine, looks good to me

• No need for that, perfect nose

• Your nose looks fine

• Hear of bl**w job What is nosejob😂😂😂😜

• No. Be happy with who you are, changing the way you look won't change the sort of person that you are.

• nobody notices it, maybe girls do but not guys

• I don't think you need to.
    Can you tell me a thing, is it better and beautiful to be all smooth shaved everywhere neck to toe rather than being very hairy man?

• I like hairy men!! I'm a bit of a hairy woman too lol so if a man is smoother than me.. it would make me insecure 😂

• I say it's okay 😊

• Just ok, isn't it. In such overly hairy case he should shave it all off?

What Girls Said 8

• No! You should not
    Your nose seems pretty normal to me. If it really bothers you, you can learn contouring makeup techniques. But I would recommend a therapist, it helped me a lot

• I've tried contouring and it makes the front look great but when I turn to the side you can clearly tell it's been contoured because the lines just don't work with the shape of my nose maybe I'm just really bad at it lol

• It takes some time to practice, it took me a year to contour it properly 😂
      P. s actually I would like to say that not all nose jobs go perfectly fine, some of them can mess up your face and then you can regret it. But if it really will make you happy, you can go under a knife but make sure that your surgeon is a really good one ☝️

• Helllll no !! It's cute!! If your that insecure try watching YouTube channels on contouring the nose for the allusion of it being smaller

• Okay thanks! I try to contour but watching videos will help

• Sorry so many typos lol, but go shopping and put some things together that make you different! I'm actually very well with style I'll be sure to help you !

• Sorry lol I just keep thing of ideas that I know will help.. Get some mascara and do your lashes top and bottom.. Beautiful eyes is very irresistible.. And when your talking look a person in the eyes !!

• Watch like a season of Botched and THEN decide

• Lol yeah.. I thought about that too

• LMFAO! Your autocorrect is intense! Good luck on your journey though :)

• Haha, thanks :p

• Nah your nose looks good

• Okay thanks for your opinion :)

• There's nothing wrong with your nose and it looks great to me.

• Your nose looks completely fine. Surgery would be a waste of money.

• I don't think so I think your nose looks fine

• Yes you do