Why do I get so many mixed opinions about my looks?

Are people jealous, trolls, honest, lying what is the matter!

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 17

• That's called "Opinions" opinions suppose to be various and different.
    It is not about you.
    Our brain grows, learns and functions differently.
    People are different. Everyone have different ideologies, preferences, favorites, outlooks, perspectives and thoughts.
    A subject can have more than a few perspectives. Everyone hold an angle of it. And people have different understandings. Thus the outcome comes different.

Tip:Sometimes in such communities and online forums. Trolling and jealousy can take a part too. And that adds a whole new level of varied opinions.

I suggest you follow some viral and famous "Music videos" of few "Music bands" on "Youtube" you can find all sort of opinions on the comment section. It would make you familiar that how normal this is and how it actually suppose to be.

Things like:
    -This is awesome music
    -These people know how to make some masterpiece
    -Garbage, my grandma plays a better music than these folks
    -Wow what an awesome song
    -These guys make shit these days, i hope they get back to their roots
    -I can't believe how people can listen to these shitty music nowadays
    -This song released on my birthday, aww thank you guys
    -This is wonderful, it saved my life.
    -What a crap. It makes me vomit.
    -Drummer is so awesome
    -Look at the drummer, i can play a better drum. He has no style.

• You're in a grey zone on weight.

So a lot of women seem to either think that every pound they lose is better, or they think somehow being skinny with massive breasts and boobs is best.

For most guys, i'd say it's more like there's a range they like. Inside that range they don't care. If she drops 10 lbs her slim legs and belly look better, if she gains 10 lbs that ass is even sexier, if less elegant. But they like it all. But there's some line where it starts getting questionable, and then above that, their attraction starts dropping.

I'd hazard a guess looking on one photo that for a fair number (certainly not all) men you're -close- to that line. Because you're close to that line you'd get VERY different opinions from guys, where you're still 'in the zone' for a bunch who think your thighs and ass are aweeeeeesome, but just over the line for some others, so they're like 'no she's too big'.

If you lost 10-15 lbs, you'd get more consistent answers. I'm not suggesting you do that, because clearly TONS of men find you attractive. On the other hand if you gained 20 lbs, the number of guys finding you hot would drop a lot (not to zero).

Anyway that's my guess.

• If you ask for opinions on a public forum you will always get a selection of opinions because everyone has different views, tasted and agendas. Some people will genuinely like how you look, some won't, and some will just want to get a reaction from you or to vent their own issues on you. That's the nature of the internet.

You should be able to handle the feedback that you get if you ask for feedback.

• It's all opinions. You have a mixed bag of people on GaG, so you're going to get a mix of opinions on everything. If you are proud of the way you look then fuck what everyone else thinks. Pride in your looks is very sexy.

• you have a fat belly, and you dont want to work on it, and you want everyone to tell you that you dont have a fat belly, you dont wanna admit you have a fat belly, because you dont wanna work on it.

• In other words you mean to say yo 'think' highly of your appearance?

I guess that's a good thing even if it may not be how others see you. Confidence is good

• Because you have got naturally good looks but your body is at present not in absolutely good shape.

• Ultimately, it's your opinion that holds true merit. Don't let folks tell you how to think, it's about how you perceive whatever their opinion lands on.

• Ill give you an honest opinion. you're chubby. You're not attractive, but you're doable. If you lost weight you could possibily gain a point. Right now you're average 5/10.

• Jesus has asked if you could fill in for him while he's on vacation. He likes your compassionate style.

• Lol, I wasn't hating, I just appreciate your way with words.

• lol. Well i dont mind brutal honesty on my questions. If you see my recent question where i squat 315 im on the pudgy side rn. I gained 15 pounds, and im gona have to lose all of that soon. Losing weight is not hard, not sure why people take it so seriously.

And this me being honest because your opinions are always well thought-out. So im going to give you the same respect you give out.

• cuz guys all have different tastes

• You still look better with your glasses on

• I'm always honest about that stuff and I think you're beautiful

• Just stop caring about that. It's very petty, focus on your life goals

• I think your adorable, and you should ignore such nasty comments on here

• I think you look great. Ignore all the haters. 😄

• i think you are amazing. message me and i will tell you more. if it is girls they are just jelous

• no but it depends everyone see you from different perspective

What Girls Said 11

• I am not everyone's type, for some i am pretty for some i am flawless for some i have apple cheeks and look like an apple, for some i'm ugly, nevertheless i don't really need anyone's opinion.
    Love yourself ;)

• On this website in particular? The Internet is a mixed bag of people and not everyone is going to like the way you look.

• Because people have different tastes. There is no universal form of attractiveness.

• I think you are cute, but in a "geeky gamer" girl look way. It's not for every guy, but you're not ugly! You're good looking, so don't worry.

• because people are different and have different point of views

• because everyone has different opinions on looks.. personally i think i look like a foot but for whatever reason my boyfriend likes me.. somethings wrong with him lol

• Because looks are subjective and nothing can change that. Someone is seeing you as an unattractive girl, someone else falls in love with you... that's the world. We are free to have our opinions even though our opinions are different than others'.

• Beauty is subjective, you're bound to have different opinions.

• Because everyone has different opinions

• At least a few people are lying about the way you look.. want a honest opinion? Post some pics here and you'll get one.

• you're gonna find in life that sometimes you're just not some people's type but sometimes you are it depends