Basically over the years loads of people have told me I should model, I generally dismiss it as people just being nice - but we had a photographer at college a few weeks ago (for a photography project) and she suggested that I get into it too?
Tbh I know like every girl gets told "you're so pretty, you should be a model!" Which is why I've not been too sure? But I just want to know from a completely unbiased source, if anyone actually thinks I could make it as a casual model (advertising and stuff)
I'm 5'7 and although my profile says 17, I'm 18 in less than 36 hours, also I just got a tattoo at the top of my back so that might be an issue?
100% honest opinions please, I can take it😊
Modelling? Idk?

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• be prepared to lose a big piece of yourself. but you have the looks that they look for. (remember in the industry it does all boil down to how far you will spread your legs)

• Happy Birthday!! You are pretty so sure give it a try if you want. There was a website that this girl I saw for a while hack in college. It was all for models. Unsure of what it's called or how it worked.

• Have you actually gotten any offers yet? Modeling by default is a very shallow industry. You're definitely a pretty girl and could maybe do some basic stuff but I don't see you succeeding past that to be honest.

My girlfriend got an offer at 16 years old. I forgot what type of modeling it was but she never ended up taking it. She was telling me that 16 years old is actually prime age to get in. Her being 21 now, she said she probably wouldn't have those easy opportunities like she did before.

If you're going to try and get into it, then definitely start doing it now. Get a portfolio with some professional pictures and send it out to as many agencies as you can.

• Thanks for your feedback, in all honesty I wouldn't want to do anything other than advertising (catalogs and stuff), thanks again😊

• Yes I agree. I can see you bring a model.

• i have no idea, happy early birthday

• sure. you can try for it

• If you want to, go for it

• I think irregardless your ridiculously cute and model material or not that doesn't take away from your looks

• Thank you😊

• I have a psychology degree

• I'm writing a book on mental health and addictions treatment and how to filter out the negative nonessential opinions and understanding the pharmaceutical psychology medical and how you and your responsibility in your treatment plays a vital role

• There are a lot of different kinds of models, so you're right, anyone people consider attractive can get the comment "you should model." Very few have the right "clothing rack" look to do haute couture, but I can see you doing a variety of other kinds of modeling, as you are indeed plenty attractive.

• You are beautiful!!

• Go for it

• you are absolutely gorgeous. I'd love to talk and get to know you some if you'd be down...

• You could try it

• Your attractive in the bottom picture but I know girls that look like you. And models on average are like 5ft 10 skinny and have really long legs

• Honestly I don't think you are going to be a model thanks to your face. Look at models, all they have is high height and long legs.

• You should there's nothing wrong with you

• You are borderline too short. For like NYC or LA too short. For smaller places you might scrape in.

You probably would need to lose weight though you're not far off.

It's a sleezy, ego shattering and poorly paid field. So my advice would be don't do it.

• Thank you for answering honestly, I'm from the UK so I think heights are a bit different - but thanks again😊

• Pretty similar i suspect.

I'd suggest being (rightly) flattered at the suggestion and then not doing it!

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• You are so gorgeous! And I heard that if you want to be a model you should be tall-ish, so since you're 5'7, young and gorgeous, I'd say you're model material. Only do it though if that's what you want to do as well! Hope this helps

• Probably commercial at best. You're pretty but not a super unique/edgy face for editorial or runway, plus 5'7" is usually considered short for that (5'8" is considered the very minimum). Commercial is more open to shorter models.
    If you're still interested, apply to agencies and do not sign with anyone who asks for an upfront fee for a photoshoot or modeling classes. If they're interested in you they won't make you pay. When you get signed it becomes a waiting game. It can take a bit of time before things pick up (if you're lucky). I don't think you'll become successful in it honestly, because that is rare, but as a hobby it can be really fun.

• There's too much competion in the modelling world. You need to have the right personality too, not just the right look. You are pretty and I can imagine seeing you as a clothes catalogue model 😊

• I think if you want to do it, go for it!

• you're pretty but tbh not sure if modeling material. you'd need more define cheekbones and to probably be thinner (PLEASE don't become thinner to become a model. like i said, you're very conventionally attractive, and models are put to absolutely ridiculous standards)

• Only do it if it's going to make you happy, you are beautiful so why not!

• Yes I think you could totally be a model :)

• Ye go for it !!

• You can be a model

• Yes you can do modelling, i think your very beautiful.
    And the tatoo wil be an issue, also, i love your body figure and you seem perfectly healthy. But for modelling you have to have those toned flat belly and you have to be really skinny. Like you know those victorian secret girls.
    Also, modelling isn't something fun. You won't be able to eat the foods that you like, you have to go to the gym, you'll get less sleep and modelling won't earn you much money unless your like a really popular one. I know all this because my older sister actually did it for quite some time and then quit.
    But if you really like the job, go ahead. Good luck