Gay marriage is legal; will it lose its popularity?

Do you think that now that gay marriage is legal it will lose its popularity?

Gay marriage is like anything illegal. Once your 21 and you can do whatever it eventally gets old. Gay is the new thing and now its transgender etc, Give it like 6 years and gay marriage will be old news, there won't be many left bc it isn't cool anymore, its not illegal, and shocking. Gay is all about attention. This is my honest oppinion and i have never shared it before. But i think this is the brutal truth and i know it will make people angry. I have family, friends that are gay. I love them, just as much as I love any other friend or family. Its not that i hate gays. Its just i see a trend here. thats all

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 40

• Clearly stated by someone who doesn't understand the far reaching consequences of marriage.

Marriage means:
    - paying taxes at a lower effective rate.
    - not being compelled to testify against your spouse in a criminal trial
    - speaking for each others health and burial wishes
    - inheriting each others property without the requirement of probate court and with no inheritance tax
    - the right to be considered jointly when applying for credit
    - the ability to the surviving next of kin when the blood parent dies - keeps remaining family together
    - the right to social security survivors benefits
    - the right to seek health insurance through your spouse
    - the right to visit your spouse in hospital or in prison (even conjugal visits will apply)

for military members:
    -the right to receive additional pay for housing your dependants -
    the right to have dependants relocate with the service member to overseas bases
    - the right to seek base housing
    - the right to make use of base facilities including shopping, recreation & Healthcare

Gays & lesbians were never looking for rings or cakes... they simply wanted access to the primary way that adults provide structure to their lives. Now, in the US they finally have it, their is no trend, just normal life.

• It was unlawfully declared law via judicial activism. It has as little legitimacy as Dred Scott or Roe v Wade, for much the same philosophical reason.

The Cultural Marxists are merely using these sexually-confused souls to advance an even more sinister agenda. An agenda of cockroaches, for the masses. When gay is no longer shocking - and it is quickly losing its shock value - it will be a new paraphilia. The FreeKate movement was a prelude to that.

In the end, the Rainbow victory is but one battle - won by cheating. And it won't matter. ISIS is already in America. The battle between the Rainbow Brownshirts and ISIS will be bloody, but it will be short.

My guess is that China, to protect its investments here, will invade in 2018 in an effort to restore order after ISIS and the Rainbow Mafia bring chaos. America will be divided. Canada should be afraid. China may ignore them, but ISIS will not spare them.

Much of ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood has genealogical ties back to the ancient Assyrian empire. China's cultural zeitgeist at the moment perfectly positions it to be the new Babylon.

Instead of 12 Tribes, there are 50 states. Read Jeremiah. Ancient history is back with a vengeance. It's not even ironic it would happen in America. It's merely tragically poetic.

"Choose this day whom you shall serve!" cried Moses and Joshua.

John Winthrop gave America a similar challenge with his "City Upon a Hill" speech.

Both nations accumulated overwhelming evidence since then of the right thing to do - then chose for selfish reasons to disregard it as poppycock and chase after every twisted thought and lust that crossed the collective mind.

The chips are in place now for Zion 2.0 to go the way of its ancient predecessor. America will have itself to blame. Unless the ship changes direction. We are living in the Days of Jeremiah 2.0.

• wow... um.
    you realize, maybe it's much more public now because earlier in life people were jailed for it? still are in some countries. Alan Turing, who basically invented the computer, he was forced to take hormones to 'cure' his homosexuality and committed suicide.

Transgender people are still being murdered [as are gay people] but the world is becoming a safer place, so people are more comfortable being public than having to hide themselves.

I'm trying not to be angry though, because I understand how it looks like a fad or a trend... but it really isn't.

• Sure there's a lot of hype because it just got legalized. But you honestly think that being gay is a trend? You think that people would be with a member of the same sex that they are not attracted to because of some trend? You think that people would commit their lives to a trend? You think that people would risk their lives and persecution for a trend? You know that homosexuality has been around long before today? I mean that's gotta be the longest running trend ever right? Homosexuality has been documented in over 500 species of animals. You think those animals are following the trend too?

• People commit their lives to trends all the time bud. I seem to remember quite a few people dying from planking. Some more died from lava lamps.

• @Bowshots86 that's not what I meant by commit your life. Those people didn't expect to die either. I meant that no one would spend and waste their entire lives following one trend. Especially considering a "trend" of this kind... sexuality. If you actually agree with this take owner then I have no words for you.

• Homosexuality is actually not the normal human condition. It's a side effect of breathing higher parts per million of carbon in the air.

There is a direct correlation between the number of homosexuals and pollution.
    Other notable historical periods where homosexuality was rife amongst the population was ancient Greece and ancient Rome (primitive aquaducts made drinking water very polluted)
    18th and 19th century London and other major cities had very primitive plumbing and the streets were lined with shit and piss from peoples windows as well as animals.

Today and these historical periods all have 2 things in common. Pollution and higher than normal populations of homosexuals.

Homosexuality and the shades in between like hermaphrodism and general infertility are natures way of trying to stop adversely affected organisms from reproducing and carrying on damaged genes due to mutations caused by a polluted environment.

Whether you agree or not it's biology.

• Gay marriage is just marriage, wtf do you think it is?

Being gay isn't new, being trans isn't new. People just want to get married regardless of the sexual orientation, that's all it is. It'll get old when people get tired of marriage... which I think may happen because to me getting married (even if you're straight) just seems dumb. Like why the hell do I need the government to tell me which person or people I can spend my life with? I can have a ceremony without government help, so I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I care for a person/people.

• I'm sorry for your stupidity and ignorance, such a waste.

• Said just like a typical gay rights activist responding to someone who has a different view than themselves. You have nothing of intelligence to say so you just verbally attack the person with mediocre comments instead of trying to help correct them or understand where they are coming from. Maybe you could clear the air for them but no, apparently that is beneath you. You must attack them and their differing views.

• You make me sick.

• Being wrong is not a point of view.

• The gay marriage topic isn't about popularity, it is about equality of rights.

Do u seriously believe that all this talk about gay rights is nothing but "seeking attention" stuff?

• Yeah fuck equality, people just want attention. Sheesh. Some people are so dumb that I can literally feel my own brain cells dying while reading what they have to say.

• Literally nothing will change, it's just another group of people achieving their natural born rights. It's not worth celebrating and its certinally not worth condeming either.

• No, not it isn't. And no, no it won't.

Gay isn't a cry for attention. And that's easily confirmed: if being gay is a cry for attention, then why are so many gays "in the closet"? Some of them even live their life in denial and get married to a woman they don't love? It should be the other way around, like hipsters back on their day.

That's just a dumb argument

• I agree, it's just got a lot of scandal attraction and our media plays it up as if it made a difference in all our lives.

Within a few years, it will be seen much as we view the Prohibition Era now.

• I don't think many people are pretending to be gay in order to follow a trend. But i sure as hell believe that a good 80% of their supporters are just doing it to follow a trend.

I just don't get why the subject got so much publicity. I don't get why people care. And that goes for supporters AND opposers. Its their lives, not yours, so what is the point in making a fuss over it. Just let em do whatever the hell they want.

And yes, i do believe it will lose its popularity. The gay fad will be ending shortly, and the public will move on to something else.

But then again, I'm kinda thankful for the gay fad. Before the gay fad was the feminism fad. And the feminism fad started getting old when the gay fad got popular. Idc what the next fad is, as long as it doesn't go back to feminism 😒

• I gotta keep up with the new trends... better suck a dick!

• It's a hype, you are right about that. But what it eventually is all about is everybody having the same rights. In my country gay marriage has been legal for almost 15 years. It's not a big deal anymore because it is considered normal that you have a right to marry the same sex. That doesn't mean however that gay people are gay for the attention, they are gay without choice, it's just who they are.

• Pretty sure it isn't a crowd of attention seekers, those are dumb asses in elementary and high school. They do dumb things to get people's attention.

Being gay is not a need for attention, it is the way someone was born... They are attracted to the same gender. Likely you will see many gay bars and pkces like that pop up around your cities now

• The people who are so eager to make homosexual marriage legal do in fact want to destroy ALL marriage. On the one hand, they tell you marriage is crap, it's an ancient, oppressive institution etc., and on the other hand, they tell us that homosexuals will be miserable if they don't get to call their union 'marriage'. What these people really want is to expand the institution of marriage so that it loses all meaning, so that they can finally get rid of it altogether. But I am willing to bet anything that a society that has buried marriage will fall apart completely.

• what happens when gay sex habits are ruled on in court and migrate to straight marriage?

such as, over half of married gays are in open relationships, and they can't cuckold by nature. what happens if that ends becoming divorce law? that cuckoldry and paternity do not apply in marriage? then a divorcing straight woman successfully claims that precedent means cuckoldry does not apply to any marriage, and now genetics and paternity testing have no merit in child support or family law?

• i don't think gay marriage will phase out. think of the immigration fraud possibilities. milotary spousal benefit fraud! the sheer cash value of a fake marriage can be pretty high.

and in ten years, 'youcan't a date, and you have not even tried gay/lesbian sex? what are you, a bigot? you're limiting yourself to one gender and don't know why. you're having trouble?'

• Being gay may be legal in this nation, but it will never be legal under God's laws. I am not judging, it's just isn't right. There is a way to switch from those twised ways. It's Jesus.

• Yes because as soon as interracial couples became legal everyone stopped dating interracially as well. you don't make any logical sense, and you say this anonymously because you fear you might be wrong in your opinion.

• Gonna start investing in divorce attorneys now. Their profits will skyrocket from this, even though they were doing pretty well to begin with.

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 24

• I... I'm not so sure it was "popular." When you love someone, you want to marry them. Gay marriage just makes it so those who love people of the same gender can marry them... just like the rest of us who love people of the other gender.

I'm not sure "popular" is the correct term. Being gay is genetic... there have been gay people for as long as there have been people... they're not going to go away in 6 years or so. And if you think Mr. Billy Bob isn't going to make a huge deal over, spend a leg an an arm, or throw a huge party over his wedding to Mr. Franky Joe in 10 years... you're wrong.

People get excited when they get married. Doesn't matter the genitalia involved.

• You're not serious, are you? Gay is not the "new thing", people have been gay since the beginning of the human species. Gay rights activists only want gay marriage to be legal, that's why they got so excited about this. The point isn't to make gay marriage "trendy", it's to make it legal and normal. So gay people can live their lives in peace, just like straight people can.

• Show me a picture then, illustrating one of those parades, that doesn't contain at least one thing that would be considered pornography if posted to this site. What I've seen on Facebook alone, is hard to unsee.

• @ObscuredBeyond So what if it's a little daring? Doesn't make it communists or bad. You're just plain crazy.

• Brutal truth? More like brutal ignorance. Obviously there's a hype surrounding the legalization right now since it literally just happened. Being gay is not a trend you moron, it's a sexuality. If anything being straight should be the trend here considering that the majority of people are straight? People will keep being gay/bi just like people will keep being straight. It's not a trend. Gay people will start and continue to marry each other now that they can. I don't see why any gay person would actually REFRAIN from marrying the person they love just because it's legal?
    You're not speaking truth, what you're saying is blatantly ignorant and pretty fucking illogical. Can't believe this take got promoted. It's a fucking paragraph, and a poorly written one too. @girlsaskguys you're really disappointing.

• #StraightTears oh noes! You have to treat LGBTQIA+ people as humans beings now! Who in the world will you oppress? Oh, the horror.

• Who said they weren't human? That doesn't mean they can call a tail a leg. Or steal benefits that belong to others, which is happening in the military. Nor does that mean that they can deface churches as a way of celebrating victory. Who's oppressing whom? Ask the guy in Boston a decade ago put in jail for asking too many questions of the pedos putting porn in kindergarten classrooms. Ask the street preacher in Scotland put in jail for merely preaching from the New Testament, not even about homosexuality, but gays found it "offensive" anyway and called police. You have everything backwards, 9mfeo.

• @ObscuredBeyond you're a putz and I'm done pandering to your ignorance.

• By "ignorance," the Gaystapo means insight. Yes, I know I'm insightful. I have connections that know things.

• Yeah, homosexuality is a trend... Jeepers creepers you're ignorant... how was gay marriage a trend before it was legal? Were there backstreet registery offices performing illegal marriages? Black market gay wedding discos? Homosexuality has been around since before you were a nut-stain on your mom's pants... it will be around long after your corpse has rotted away too...

• How old are you? I think you should first finish high school before deciding on whether or not being gay is "cool".

• you're missing the point. gay is only new because more people now have the courage to come out. that doesn't mean there are more gay people than before, it means that more people are honest about their sexuality. you must be very cyncial to think that someone would have sex for the rest of their life with a gender they don't find attractive just for attention. what exactly do they gain from that? and you act like all attention is good. in loads of countries like russia etc. they attack and kill gays. is that the kind of attention you think russian gays want?

• That's an old ass trend. That's a dangerous trend as well. I mean, if I lived in a country where it was punishable by law to have sex with a consenting adult I wouldn't do it out of the shock factor. What a kooky fad this gay stuff is.

• That's just a dumb statement. I like other women and when and I've never not like them. Even before I knew gay marriage wasn't legal I had a crush on a girl.

• As far as it being in the media? Yea, it won't appear as some big popular thing anymore but people will still get married as homosexuals.

• oh no!!! Another group of people has a right that straight people have always had!! What are we going to do?

• I don't think its a trend the popularity in it is the issues and as long as gays did not have a right to marry we were going to keep hearing about it and its not the end because they are still being discriminated against so this is just the beginning.

• The only thing trending was coming out. Everyone tired of hiding and showing their support and getting the nation to realize it's not as small of a minority as people thought. These aren't trends of, "Oh, gay. Yeah, I'm gay too, haha!" These are people suffering from oppression for being gay and finally not having to pretend they're not, realizing it's okay to be gay, and finally feel loved.

• Well traditional marriage has been legal for millenniums and it sure hasn't gone completely out of fashion.

• Thats like saying eating hasn't gone out of fashion

• And how is that different from gay couples who are together for decades?
      all I'm saying is people what to bond like you say, whether it's to someone of the same gender or not, bonding isn't a fad.
      saying gay marriage will go out of fashion is like saying any other relationship whether romantic or platonic is a fad.
      @Bowshots86

• Im done have fun with whatever

• Why would I, or anyone refrain from marrying the woman I loved simply because it's legal? It has been legal where I live for years now. Get with the times, America.

• i think it'll prevent some people from saying that they're gay just to get attention while the actual gays and trans people will be happy.

• Time will tell but yes the media makes it look like it's a trend.

• Gayness is sick and disgusting. And if you're straight then you should know why. Period. I respect, but I do not like.

• So are you like 12 years old or what

• For one being gay isn't a trend , it's like an identity. Second , it will be a good thing when it isn't popular and when it isn't popular is means they have gotten the equality that they deserve.

• More from Girls
    4