Gay marriage is legal; will it lose its popularity?

Do you think that now that gay marriage is legal it will lose its popularity?

Gay marriage is like anything illegal. Once your 21 and you can do whatever it eventally gets old. Gay is the new thing and now its transgender etc, Give it like 6 years and gay marriage will be old news, there won't be many left bc it isn't cool anymore, its not illegal, and shocking. Gay is all about attention. This is my honest oppinion and i have never shared it before. But i think this is the brutal truth and i know it will make people angry. I have family, friends that are gay. I love them, just as much as I love any other friend or family. Its not that i hate gays. Its just i see a trend here. thats all

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 40

• I agree, it's just got a lot of scandal attraction and our media plays it up as if it made a difference in all our lives.

Within a few years, it will be seen much as we view the Prohibition Era now.

• what happens when gay sex habits are ruled on in court and migrate to straight marriage?

such as, over half of married gays are in open relationships, and they can't cuckold by nature. what happens if that ends becoming divorce law? that cuckoldry and paternity do not apply in marriage? then a divorcing straight woman successfully claims that precedent means cuckoldry does not apply to any marriage, and now genetics and paternity testing have no merit in child support or family law?

• i don't think gay marriage will phase out. think of the immigration fraud possibilities. milotary spousal benefit fraud! the sheer cash value of a fake marriage can be pretty high.

and in ten years, 'youcan't a date, and you have not even tried gay/lesbian sex? what are you, a bigot? you're limiting yourself to one gender and don't know why. you're having trouble?'

• The gay marriage topic isn't about popularity, it is about equality of rights.

Do u seriously believe that all this talk about gay rights is nothing but "seeking attention" stuff?

• Yeah fuck equality, people just want attention. Sheesh. Some people are so dumb that I can literally feel my own brain cells dying while reading what they have to say.

• Every day I read something even more moronic on here

• No, what a stupid assessment. Gay marriage or being gay is not a trend. Gays just want equal rights that everyone else has and that's all there is to it.

It's not like people just became gay once gay marriage was legalized in their state or nationwide. No one can choose to be gay either. One can experiment with the same sex but if they don't enjoy it then they aren't gay, lesbian or bi.

• i think the reason to be gay is genetic and enviromental. we all have the chance to be gays all of us had an experience with gay people, but there r who could be straight after that and there r who couldnt, and the relationship with his family can decide what he or she will be.

• People aren't gay because it's popular last time I checked. They're born that way.

• Being gay may be legal in this nation, but it will never be legal under God's laws. I am not judging, it's just isn't right. There is a way to switch from those twised ways. It's Jesus.

• How is being gay a trend when there is the fact that homosexuality was pretty common between the people of the Great Roman Empire which dates back to ancient times?

• Pretty sure it isn't a crowd of attention seekers, those are dumb asses in elementary and high school. They do dumb things to get people's attention.

Being gay is not a need for attention, it is the way someone was born... They are attracted to the same gender. Likely you will see many gay bars and pkces like that pop up around your cities now

• It's a hype, you are right about that. But what it eventually is all about is everybody having the same rights. In my country gay marriage has been legal for almost 15 years. It's not a big deal anymore because it is considered normal that you have a right to marry the same sex. That doesn't mean however that gay people are gay for the attention, they are gay without choice, it's just who they are.

• Sure there's a lot of hype because it just got legalized. But you honestly think that being gay is a trend? You think that people would be with a member of the same sex that they are not attracted to because of some trend? You think that people would commit their lives to a trend? You think that people would risk their lives and persecution for a trend? You know that homosexuality has been around long before today? I mean that's gotta be the longest running trend ever right? Homosexuality has been documented in over 500 species of animals. You think those animals are following the trend too?

• People commit their lives to trends all the time bud. I seem to remember quite a few people dying from planking. Some more died from lava lamps.

• @Bowshots86 that's not what I meant by commit your life. Those people didn't expect to die either. I meant that no one would spend and waste their entire lives following one trend. Especially considering a "trend" of this kind... sexuality. If you actually agree with this take owner then I have no words for you.

• The people who are so eager to make homosexual marriage legal do in fact want to destroy ALL marriage. On the one hand, they tell you marriage is crap, it's an ancient, oppressive institution etc., and on the other hand, they tell us that homosexuals will be miserable if they don't get to call their union 'marriage'. What these people really want is to expand the institution of marriage so that it loses all meaning, so that they can finally get rid of it altogether. But I am willing to bet anything that a society that has buried marriage will fall apart completely.

• I can't wait to see the divorce rates of female-female marriages. Male-male will probably have the least.

• I disagree on the m-m. Think about it like this, guys hate losing but they always lose the argument to make the girl happy. Now you have two alpha males or even two beta males together and they will both try to take charge and either one will relent or they will split up.

• Yes it will. A few weeks from now, nobody will care anymore.

• how is it attention?

• It's a free country. While I think homosexual lust is immoral and hedonistic, I won't tell other people they can't do what they want to do.

• Homosexuality is actually not the normal human condition. It's a side effect of breathing higher parts per million of carbon in the air.

There is a direct correlation between the number of homosexuals and pollution.
    Other notable historical periods where homosexuality was rife amongst the population was ancient Greece and ancient Rome (primitive aquaducts made drinking water very polluted)
    18th and 19th century London and other major cities had very primitive plumbing and the streets were lined with shit and piss from peoples windows as well as animals.

Today and these historical periods all have 2 things in common. Pollution and higher than normal populations of homosexuals.

Homosexuality and the shades in between like hermaphrodism and general infertility are natures way of trying to stop adversely affected organisms from reproducing and carrying on damaged genes due to mutations caused by a polluted environment.

Whether you agree or not it's biology.

• I have no basis to back this up, but I imagine it will ebb and flow similar to abortions per year. Or similar to the divorce rate. Or a lot of other things.

• Gay marriage is just marriage, wtf do you think it is?

Being gay isn't new, being trans isn't new. People just want to get married regardless of the sexual orientation, that's all it is. It'll get old when people get tired of marriage... which I think may happen because to me getting married (even if you're straight) just seems dumb. Like why the hell do I need the government to tell me which person or people I can spend my life with? I can have a ceremony without government help, so I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I care for a person/people.

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 24

• I... I'm not so sure it was "popular." When you love someone, you want to marry them. Gay marriage just makes it so those who love people of the same gender can marry them... just like the rest of us who love people of the other gender.

I'm not sure "popular" is the correct term. Being gay is genetic... there have been gay people for as long as there have been people... they're not going to go away in 6 years or so. And if you think Mr. Billy Bob isn't going to make a huge deal over, spend a leg an an arm, or throw a huge party over his wedding to Mr. Franky Joe in 10 years... you're wrong.

People get excited when they get married. Doesn't matter the genitalia involved.

• Time will tell but yes the media makes it look like it's a trend.

• As far as it being in the media? Yea, it won't appear as some big popular thing anymore but people will still get married as homosexuals.

• The only thing trending was coming out. Everyone tired of hiding and showing their support and getting the nation to realize it's not as small of a minority as people thought. These aren't trends of, "Oh, gay. Yeah, I'm gay too, haha!" These are people suffering from oppression for being gay and finally not having to pretend they're not, realizing it's okay to be gay, and finally feel loved.

• Yeah, homosexuality is a trend... Jeepers creepers you're ignorant... how was gay marriage a trend before it was legal? Were there backstreet registery offices performing illegal marriages? Black market gay wedding discos? Homosexuality has been around since before you were a nut-stain on your mom's pants... it will be around long after your corpse has rotted away too...

• For one being gay isn't a trend , it's like an identity. Second , it will be a good thing when it isn't popular and when it isn't popular is means they have gotten the equality that they deserve.

• Gayness is sick and disgusting. And if you're straight then you should know why. Period. I respect, but I do not like.

• So are you like 12 years old or what

• I understand what you're saying. Every generation has a new shock factor. At the moment it's being transgender. However I don't think this applies to gay marriage. I'll explain why. Its because people using it as a shock factor are almost always teenagers. Its part of their rebellious nature and their process of self discovery. All teenagers go through phases. Now we've just added questioning their sexualality and gender identities to the list. Gay marriage shouldn't be affected by this though. Teenagers aren't the ones getting married. Its the adults. Aka the ones who aren't using it as a shock factor. They're the ones who are gay because that's just their preference. No shock factor involved. That ship sailed awhile ago. So I don't think gay marriage will become 'unpopular' just because some time has passed. There will always be people how identify as gay and therefore there will always be gay marriage.

• Well traditional marriage has been legal for millenniums and it sure hasn't gone completely out of fashion.

• Thats like saying eating hasn't gone out of fashion

• And how is that different from gay couples who are together for decades?
      all I'm saying is people what to bond like you say, whether it's to someone of the same gender or not, bonding isn't a fad.
      saying gay marriage will go out of fashion is like saying any other relationship whether romantic or platonic is a fad.
      @Bowshots86

• Im done have fun with whatever

• Does hetrosexuals get married because it's "shocking"? No, that is a ridiculous claim. Homosexuals want to get married, for the same reasons as hetrosexuals. Gays are not "all about attention" that is both ignorant and narrow minded of you to say. Traditional marriage is not a trend, and gay marriage isn't either. Idiot.

• It won't lose it's popularity. It will simply become "normal" and people won't bat an eye as much when gay couples are featured.

• you're missing the point. gay is only new because more people now have the courage to come out. that doesn't mean there are more gay people than before, it means that more people are honest about their sexuality. you must be very cyncial to think that someone would have sex for the rest of their life with a gender they don't find attractive just for attention. what exactly do they gain from that? and you act like all attention is good. in loads of countries like russia etc. they attack and kill gays. is that the kind of attention you think russian gays want?

• Why would I, or anyone refrain from marrying the woman I loved simply because it's legal? It has been legal where I live for years now. Get with the times, America.

• Time will tell.

• That's an old ass trend. That's a dangerous trend as well. I mean, if I lived in a country where it was punishable by law to have sex with a consenting adult I wouldn't do it out of the shock factor. What a kooky fad this gay stuff is.

• Brutal truth? More like brutal ignorance. Obviously there's a hype surrounding the legalization right now since it literally just happened. Being gay is not a trend you moron, it's a sexuality. If anything being straight should be the trend here considering that the majority of people are straight? People will keep being gay/bi just like people will keep being straight. It's not a trend. Gay people will start and continue to marry each other now that they can. I don't see why any gay person would actually REFRAIN from marrying the person they love just because it's legal?
    You're not speaking truth, what you're saying is blatantly ignorant and pretty fucking illogical. Can't believe this take got promoted. It's a fucking paragraph, and a poorly written one too. @girlsaskguys you're really disappointing.

• oh no!!! Another group of people has a right that straight people have always had!! What are we going to do?

• I don't think its a trend the popularity in it is the issues and as long as gays did not have a right to marry we were going to keep hearing about it and its not the end because they are still being discriminated against so this is just the beginning.

• #StraightTears oh noes! You have to treat LGBTQIA+ people as humans beings now! Who in the world will you oppress? Oh, the horror.

• Who said they weren't human? That doesn't mean they can call a tail a leg. Or steal benefits that belong to others, which is happening in the military. Nor does that mean that they can deface churches as a way of celebrating victory. Who's oppressing whom? Ask the guy in Boston a decade ago put in jail for asking too many questions of the pedos putting porn in kindergarten classrooms. Ask the street preacher in Scotland put in jail for merely preaching from the New Testament, not even about homosexuality, but gays found it "offensive" anyway and called police. You have everything backwards, 9mfeo.

• @ObscuredBeyond you're a putz and I'm done pandering to your ignorance.

• By "ignorance," the Gaystapo means insight. Yes, I know I'm insightful. I have connections that know things.

• More from Girls
    4