Why you should never force yourself to marry

I'm keepin' it simple and short.

Marriage is a personal choice!

Well here goes the thing. This is the question you might be or is yet to hear when you are past your 25's. "Aren't you getting married?" "Whom are you seeing now?" "When are you gonna settle down"

First of all, the whole conception of marriage has been misinterpeted. Marriage is not a need, it's a choice. So are relationships. And it's very personal. Yes, marriage is a personal choice. It's like you meet a person and you feel this is the guy/girl you wanna be with for the rest of your life. To share your views and interests, to see the world, to be by their side. But usually people just marry because they are forced to. Like it's a necessity. So you just hurry and find a person and just marry.

Why is it even a nessecity? If you don't wanna settle down, you don't have to. That's that.

And it's nothing overwhelming. You find a partner you feel it, you decide to live together. It's merely a legal process.

Simple logic, isn't it?

Different opinions are welcomed :D

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, you are absolutely right. Marriage is a choice, a decision, you don't have to get married if you don't want too. Yes if a person never wants to marry and settle down that's their choice as well.

Yes, it's a simple logic! True.

It's a very good take.

• How am I supposed to have sex if Im married?

• Relationships are a need. Marriage is a choice. Don't mix the two.

• Why, you can't stay single? :D

• The concept of the religious marriage has been lost due to the moral decay and obvious decadence that has occurred in Western Europe and America since the 1960s. When the institution of marriage has been reduced to little more than 'a legal process' then it is clear that Nietzsche was right; God is dead and we killed Him.

• This is really cool take I really like it thanks for sharing it 😄

What Girls Said 5

• Totally agree.

No one should be ever forced. If you marry someone you don't like you will never be happy.

• Nice I personally agree I do want to get marry but I won't settle for less or what I don't want if he not the guy I want he not marrying me! simple as that if I love him with my all my heart and me and my guy want to get marry I marry his ass!.

• Agreed. I thought i wanted to get married but i dont want to. I dont even want to be engaged tbh. i will just settle with a relationship or a good career instead. Or both!

• I do not think that all people force themselves to get married. Also, no one can make someone marry them so I don't even see how that could be done in a country like America. I definitely would not force a guy to date me so why would pressure a guy to marry me?

• I do agree that marrige has beena big tradition for centures and it's embeded so much in our society that people feel they HAVE to get married because their families are always bugging them to... even having a boyfriend or girlfriend these days... it's an obligation not a fun thing and i really do think it's such an old tradition now... but people still peer-pressure each other to the point even 10 year olds these days think they can't have fun on their own, that it always has to be with someone, people assume so much about other people that if you don't even have a boyfriend or girlfriend they start talking about you like your some "loner" like your choice to be single is the "wrong" one and that your some how "closed off" and "frigid" but really it's to stop you coming out of your comfort zone, to stop you being happy in the solitute of yourself... because they feel insecure in themselves... even wanting to spend time on your own these days.. . even a couple of days... and people start saying all sorts about you... trying to make you what they make of you... but it's not right to deny someone their own free will in life because they let others pressure them into things... so marrige is definitely not a great thing when it's just pushed on people as an obligation.

I honestly don't want to get married, i honestly don't think i can even stand being with a guy because of all the things guys think women should be too... and the fact is most men still want the women to do everything... they won't put 50% effort into it, it's rare to find a guy like that... and these things have also been greatly embeded in the minds of men, which sucks... all i want to be treated as is an equal, that i'm oot being taken for granted... but these days women do get taken for granted... most women work just as much as men these days... same hours... they may still get paid less but still... the women are just as tired after work so i don't see why a guy can't take it in turns to do the chores... but sadly... not how it goes still... even my mum does everything around the house... but id never have it, a guy would be out on this ass if he tried that with me, id leave the pots there all week if i have to... but no doubt the guy will just walk on out on himself saying i'm the unfair one... pfftt... this is another reason i probably will never get married or have a boyfriend... or even move in with someone... it's easier living on your own...

• two things. Women do not get payed less then men, thats a huge misconception. Girls on average work less hours and work at jobs that make less. For example, the majority of high paying jobs like engineering and sports are occupied by men. Second, what do you do when you feel lonely or your horney.

• Noop... not any more... women work just as long... cleaners might work only 5 hours a day but the majority of jobs require us to work the average 8 hours or over time just like guys, women work in offices, construction, science, as teachers, in nurseries, as chefs and waiters, in the army, at NASA and lots of other things that require 8 hrs+ work... not every woman is a cleaner... things have changed now... so it's why guys still expcting us to do 8 hrs + shifts AND do the pots, wash the clothes, cook, look after the kids... it's wrong... and they can't expect it no more... even when your married, there are countless expectations of things you SHOULD do... never mind if you don't want to... the relationship it's self is always used against you, the thought of losing them to get you to do what they want to do... there are so many reasons why marrige or being in a relaitonship shouldn't be pushed onto people.

• I agree with you! Thanks for the opinion :)