7 Reasons Why Men Should Never Get Married

These are reason for why men should not get married.

7 Reasons why men should not get married

1. Marriage Benefits men in no way in the grand scheme of things

Sure you get a few tax benefits from being a married couple but in the grand scheme of things being married does not grant a man anymore benefits than it does if he were in a long term relationship with a woman. The only thing marriage does is basically make a man play a game of trust that the woman he is with does not screw him over.

There is nothing a married couple does that a man in a long term relationship cannot do with a woman he loves. Just enjoy life.

2. BEING FORCED INTO MARRIAGE IS LIKE GIVING A LOADED GUN TO A WOMAN THAT SHE CAN FIRE AT ANY TIME

Many men are forced into marriage because their long term girlfriend is approaching her late 20's or is in her 30's and want her man to show that they can really commit. This is really funny to me because apparently to women being with them for several years is not sufficient evidence of commitment.

It seem women are very insecure with their standings in life and always needs some threat over a man's head, or snare if he ever decides to leave her. So marriage isn't really about showing you can commit to women but them having a safe guard put in place that will make you less incline to leave them.

3. Marriage basically lets women control you

With the current court system set up to reward women with money and benefits no matter what the reason, many women know that wants you put that ring on them they have you. You are now their bitch.

You can see the same effect of this when a woman believes you have no other options but her.She tends to take you for granted and become bitchy. When you get married, women know that they can divorce for any trivial reason (irreconcilable differences) and then be rewarded with cash prize. This is why men who were the dominant one in the relationship become passive and meek. They now ask their wives for permission, and always try to make their wives happy.

4. YOU MAY BE MARRYING A TOTAL NIGHTMARE

Women are experts at putting on mask based on what they want you to believe of them. You could live with a woman for many years and she puts up a surface personality of a perfect girlfriend in your presence but the moment you put a ring on her she turns into a compete nightmare and begins becoming more controlling, nagging, and unpleasant to be around. Several married men experience just this and would rather work overtime or go out and do the most boring things with their friends than come home to the misses.

Also people are still growing in life. You may be compatible with this person now but what about a couple years down the line when you want different things in life (she wants a baby but your not ready) and this creates tension and constant fighting.What if you fall out of love ? What if you fall for someone else ?

By being entrapped in marriage you basically lock yourself into a trap and the only way out is by passing through the mind field known as divorce which leaves you battered and bruised as a man.

5. SEX LIFE TAKES A BIG PLUMMET IN MARRIAGE

This goes back to a woman not having any threat of you leaving her. It's quite common that once a woman believes their is no threat of you leaving her she tends to become complacent and does not feel she needs to be intimate with you. This is a common issue among men who get little female attention and basically latch onto the first woman that shows interest.

It's a common occurrence with married couples that as the marriage progresses the wild, passionate sex dries up and becomes less and less. In fact many married couples report only having sex once per year. Now this is not only a combination of women feeling they no longer need to use sex to keep you around but could also from both partners not keeping up their appearance and people getting bored of having sex with the same person.

5. If you find someone who is more compatible with you later in life you are kind of screwed

You got married and later down in life you meet a woman who you can enjoy spending more time with than your wife, connect better with and who has all the qualities you've been looking for in a woman that your wife doesn't have. Well you are kind of screwed at this point aren't you.

Remember people are always changing and what is a perfect match for you now may not be 10 years down the line. So now you have to basically let go of being with this woman because if you decide to cheat on your wife it might blow up in your face and give her the needed incentive to divorce your ass.

6. YOU SAVE A LOT OF MONEY

It's no surprise that weddings cost money just so your future wife can be the center of attention and live out her fantasy she had as a little girl.

The average wedding cost about 29k and you could of easily used that money to buy yourself cool shit and/or take your girlfriend on an awesome romantic vacation that would last longer and be more memorable when you guys look back. Also weddings in now way strengthen relationships. How often do we see celebs have lavish weddings only to divorce a couple months/years later.

7. Marriage can result in financial problems

In some states, laws require those in a marriage to be responsible for their spouse’s debt, and for the elderly, that could mean a variety of expensive medical bills.

BubbleBoy69 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Girls Said 54

• This was my plan all along... to pistol whip my bitch of a husband, steal all his money and run. Didn't Steve Miller Band write a song about this? 🎶Bobby Sue took the money and run. Go onnnnn take the money and runnnnn🎶

• Uh, no,
      This is a story about Billy Joe and Bobbie Sue
      Two young lovers with nothin' better to do
      Than sit around the house, get high, and watch the tube
      And here is what happened when they decided to cut loose
      They headed down to, ooh, old El Paso
      That's where they ran into a great big hassle
      Billy Joe shot a man while robbing his castle
      Bobbie Sue took the money and run
      Billy Mack is a detective down in Texas
      You know he knows just exactly what the facts is
      He ain't gonna let those two escape justice
      He makes his livin' off of the people's taxes

Bobbie Sue, whoa, whoa, she slipped away
      Billy Joe caught up to her the very next day

They got the money, hey
      You know they got away
      They headed down south and they're still running today
      Singin' go on take the money and run

Its about an outlaw couple

• @Waffles731 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I know I know... I just thought I should play the evil woman part. Maybe American Woman would have been a better choice. I need to sleep on it see what I can come up with πŸ€”

• Yep.
    Every woman on the face of the earth wants to steal your money, use and abuse you.
    We're just evil beings with no souls.
    We don't want love and affection at all, or to give it back to the person that we love.
    All we want to do is take, take, take.
    Evil, evil woman. We just all hate men, huh?
    (Totally not sarcastic at all.)

• A woman is like a million dollar pet that is not as loyal as my cats that I love.

• yep... let's see if you ever marry a guy making less than you...

"where are all the good men" ...
      ask all the women to whom all men whose height & income are less than 6 feet & $100k are INVISIBLE

• @SamSmithe you haven't met a lot of women then because we are not all like that. πŸ™„

• who hurt you dude?

• No one, i bet. I agree with him and i haver got into a relationship. It is way better to live a life of just sex with women. Most of the guys who were hurt are stupid and enjoy being hurt.

• My parents have been happily married for 31 years. If any of the above applies to you, you've married the wrong person.

• I am in my late 40's now. I agree with the OP.

I am happily single. I watched notice others on their third marriage.

I noticed when I dress like I am rich, I pique their interests. I believe women are looking for a meal ticket.

Ok, there are exceptions but the divorce rate is high.

• There's no right person to allow to put a gun to my head.

• @evenlift yeah I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Yup, yup, yup...
    It seems to me like you have no idea what a healthy marriage looks like.

• A healthy marriage is only possible between gay people.

• I suggest you look up suicide rates for divorced and divorcing men & say that cr*p to them

... while their feet rotate slowly clockwise, counterclockwise, clockwise, counterclockwise...
      ... or their brains dry slowly on the wall where the shotgun blast blew them

• "let me play russian roulette... if I win no problem

if I lose... I just had no idea what healthy russian roulette looks like"

• That's okay lmao no woman is gonna miss out because misogyistst decide to die virgins 😂👍

• Well I agree with him and I'm not a virgin, in fact I have no problem attracting the opposite sex if she's in my league. Is that the only argument you got by using a shame tactic against men who spill the truth, he's only explaining the true nature of women.

• ... are you two still at it

• yeah sure

i am the one that fails at understanding it

• *sigh*

Boohoo. Sucks to be a male. The world is out to get you in every way, shape and form. Ya happy?

• no, women are just not worth it. Men however, are worth for women.

• @takyo Lmfao yoo this take is sooo dumb. Marriage isn't for everyone. That is true. But there is nothing wrong it and it isn't always such a horrible thing. I know couples happily married for over 15 years and I know couples who never got married are doing jist as fine and both kinds who are miserable.

• @Grungenoreos that's the point of the take. There is no advantage with marriage over a relationship only disadvantage.

• This is just what happens when you marry the wrong person.

• And as one of the points point out. It's impossible to know if the other person will change or it working out in the long run.

• These same things can happen to women. My dad has a friend who has to pay alimony to her ex husband because he's "disabled" and he refuses to get a job. He's psycho and abusive and he remains dependent on her so he can always have some link to her life.

• She's dealing with this because guess what? She married the wrong person.

• 7 reasons why Men shouldn't be telling other men what to do, based on their own biased opinions.

They are free to do however they want.

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA now we are free to do whatever we want?

• I'm pretty sure I've seen almost this exact thing like, a dozen times from various guys on this site. Boring. Hearing about how all women just exist to screw over men is getting old.

• Well the same can be said for the stereotypical fallacies that women say about men. I guess everyone believes stereotypes rather than reality.

• Women are like mercenaries, they fuck the highest bidder. Your only sick of it because men are wising up to the true nature of female hypergamy.

• @Indigo91 That's priceless. As funny as you are, I think you should probably seek professional help. Your own worthlessness has nothing to do with me, or any other woman. That's your problem.

• What a ridiculous take with no factual basis. I take it that some girl scarred and burned you early in life and you never recovered from it. It's too hard to even consider taking anything you said seriously. A complete waste of forum space.

• Lol yes, this dude is going to need serious therapy down the road when he becomes a middle-aged man who can't get a date because he has commitment issues.

• @MandyRuth why the FUCK would you neet to date when you can have sex so easily these days. Sex is sex.

• @MandyRuth So, back when abortion was illegal and the contraceptive pill didn't exist, and virtually all women refused to have pre-marital, or at least pre-engagement, sex, those women had commitment issues, did they? Did they need therapy for refusing to sacrifice themselves?

• My parents have been happily married for 25 years!!! All 4 of my older brothers are married to amazing women. This mytake is bullshit. You are just a frustrated man who is upset with women. Marriage is a beautiful sacred union between two people.

• Lmao dude. So much bitterness in this take.
    Honestly, if you ever did get married, I would feel bad for your wife. Being married to someone with that kind of perspective on things would be a nightmare.

• So... ALL those people who are in happy, loving marriages must have not been drinking your bitter kool aid.

• Half these replies from women are how not all marriages are bad. Where does is even say that? The post I about how there is no point in marriage over a committed relationship, only thing u get is the financial leverage,

• Men who think like you should absolutely not get married!
    Its funny how women are good enough to have sex with but God forbid be a man and committ?

• So being in a committed relationship is not enough? And here we go with the shaming for not taking a bad deal with no benefit or point.

• all men should think like him.

• oh wow
    *applause*
    http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/03/joker.gif

... its very encouraging to see how "some people" perceive marriage and everything about it

gifrific.com/.../...Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes.gif

• Does being married really benefit anyone?

• Some of Today's Toms have a Problem down the Path of "D" Day Destruction in Committing to just one woman. Only have eyes on Their "One only Love," and that is what is Between their legs.
    They are Not Ready nor Raring to be in a Real Relationship, No matter if they Would marry the Queen herself, It makes no Difference... Happy Go Lucky Habits are Hard to Break.
    Good luck and Great question @BubbleBoy69 xx

• *Sorry, @BubbleBoy, I meant to Say "My Take," my mistake... I seem t be pressing the wrong button lately. lolxx

• For 9, how about not settling down until you've found someone you're very compatible with, and not rush into a marriage and make sure you're truly compatible with each other?

• I agree with a lot of the stuff you said there, marriage can be extremely detrimental for a guy... who is not mature and aware that people change and may have married the wrong person. I have a joke at my job with the bar tender who says (he is a guy) that men are stupid or easily fooled. So, it doesn't surprise me that men will see a pretty face... not consider how that face or body will age, or if high maintenance how cold their families can be and a 'sweet' personality that just turned out to be a facade. I am not ugly or but i am average to pretty... where men find me attractive but seem to find it odd that they do :/ I really think its because I am a black girl with dark skin (a little darker than someone indian or around the same) , and societally people are led to find it only attractive if on someone tall and thin and African looking I think :( I have the cute look and I am petite, and a little curvy, hips but not a huge butt, or boobs or very tall and thin. None of the media portrayals/stereotypes fit me and i swear i feel like people are so led by tvs.

Anyway, I wanted to mention a pretty rich and pretty married man asked me to cheat with him recently which is why i wanted to read your take... I found it odd because he was well off and married and willing too woo me with gifts and i said no to anything intimate, but took me for coffee and then lunch and still wants to hang out with me. It seems like he really is a little sad or just sees marriage as another transactional thing in life as he's told me. I am very honest, which is why no matter the fancy gifts and money he offered i refused to sleep around with him, plus i just dont want that karma, but its a shame because we agree we both like each others company but I. He has kids, which i would not be ready for so thats another thing, but yeah, i think he doesn't want to lse all the things you've mentioned in divorce and would do verything before that... I think he just fell for all of the surface things as you men typically do, but i find it funny that this married man, finds me all of those things of value, or asked me to just hang out. I dont understand why you men dont just go for what you want in the first place. I have no doubt that he would have seen me before he married and ignored his attraction to me, for whatever his reasons to go into his lifeless and transactional marriage. It really doesn't make sense, but I will accept what he gives me on a platonic basis... And to pick his brain...

• But isn't this a representation of the mytake owner himself? Some people are just bad at selecting spouses, dating partners, wives whatsoever. The red flags were conspicuous but they failed to see it. Most of the times partners who do so are insecure, lacks confidence and values, and incompetent when it comes to relationships.

• More from Girls
    34

What Guys Said 62

• Most of your reasons are inaccurate or misrepresenting your claim.
    1) marriage does benefit men, for example married men live longer in average.
    2) of course forcing someone to marry is wrong, but in the western world people don't get forced to marry.
    3) if you're a Christian this is, our at least shouldn't be accurate. The man is the head of the house hold, period.
    4) if you don't know her why would you be getting married? So, yea, this one doesn't even make sense.
    5) sex drive also decreases as you age so is it that you got married or that you got older, remember correlation isn't causation. But either way if you got married for sex you married for the wrong reasons. And again, if you're a Christian sex increases not decreases.
    6) now, this one is just way way off. Not only are married men more likely to make more money, they're also more likely to save their money.
    7) if you're married; one as a Christian your bills should become one, not separate. And two, and even if you aren't a Christian, if you have a problem paying for your spouses medical bills you shouldn't be married.

• There is no reason to credit marriage for something such as lifespan when we know that women are more likely to marry up, as men marry down. The reason married men live longer could just as easily be because women pick healthy good looking men to marry, whereas the strong and independent women are less likely to ever marry. Which could explain the difference in life expectancies.

• The asker made a positive claim, and you countered that with a different positive claim. I am not coming to his defense, I just don't like bad science. I have heard that claim before, and it is not a claim that has any real scientific reasoning behind why men live longer. Instead people just assume it is because the women takes care of the man. There is no evidence showing why married men live longer at this time that I am aware of, just people making guesses about what it might be.

• @heavensgift2girls there is evidence, unfortunately Il I'm a level 1 so I can't provide links, but the fact that it's a correlation is evidence in and of itself. But again, you're wrong about me needing to provide any more evidence. Again my position is simply to create reasonable doubt. Showing a positive correlation between the two does just that. However, in your defense of his position, all you provided were possibilities. No evidence or proof to reinforce his position that marriage doesn't provide any benefits to men.

• I got married to the girl i loved. Its been a great experience, sure it has its ups and downs but with a compatible person can be a wonderful thing. Sure i can understand some of your points, but there are many great good women out there who are not "evil" and going to suck you dry. That is why i think its important to get to know the person and have a strong communications channel to understand each other before you commit. I can see a separation between men and women and we should all lay down our arms and try to stop fighting. If we listen to our hearts and think logically life can be so much more beautiful. Is it not time that we as men and women stop hurting and try to support one another to become better. :)

• This entire article has a viewpoint of selfishness. Of course whoever wrote this thinks marriage is bad. The author is literally screaming at every point, "Me! Me! Me!" Marriage is about sharing your life with someone else and giving that person exclusive rights to you.

The origins of this relate to sex and love. In order for a couple to enjoy sex and love together. They would have to enjoy each other.

Marriage is a symbolism of that love. It's a contract between two people to uphold their loyalty. Both partners should view each other as equals, not one dominating the other.

Marriage shows loyalty. Do you wish to teach your children how you are incapable of love? Love is unconditional and pure. You don't love someone only because it benefits you. You raise children because you love them. Not because they benefit you. Marriage is the same expression of love.

• Selfishness no. Self preservation yes. Why take unneeded risk when you don't have too.

Yes i'm screaming at every point "me, me, me" Especially where i list you can use the money you blew on the wedding to go on a romantic vacation that both you and your girlfriend can cherish.

And you think couples who tie the not but are BF/GF somehow do not "enjoy each other" as much as those who decided to get married.

Marriage is in no way a symbolism of love. No where has it shown that getting married makes a relationship stronger. Marriage is a contract between you, your wife and the goverment.

Marriage in no way shows more loyalty than being in a LTR with a BF/GF. Sorry but you are delusional.

• The purpose of marriage is to show the community you and your partner are devoted to each other. That means others who have taken a intrest to flirt with the married man or married women will learn they won't recieve the same affection back.

Marriage was made to certify the status of a couple. Being in boyfriend and girlfriend status doesn't mean your relationship is exclusive. A lot of people date more than one person in order to figure out who is the best for them. In order for a marriage to work. You have to be absolutely sure you are contempt with your lover.

The problem isn't marriage, it's people rushing to be marriaged and not putting their relationships through more trials. You have to know your partner is committed to having a loving relationship. It's just like anything you earn in life. You have to keep putting the effort in. Both husband and wife need to continually put the effort in.

• I like the part where all of these points are based on no concrete evidence and are all just generalizations made by the author. It's like you pulled this out of a generic sitcom or something.

What an awful post.

• it's a very negative way of looking at marriage, I prefer to look at it from the positive side

Just a few things:
    when you get a child together in marriage the man is automatically the legal father and when the woman dies it is also better to be married

• There's really no reason to marry anymore, you can live the same life with your girl without getting married, so unless you're religious, there's really no reason to marry.

I don't agree when you put all women in the same box, a negative one. Yes, you never really know if the women you're marrying is gonna turn out to be a bitch, but the chances of that happening aren't too high, though you gotta still consider the possibility.

Life is full of mistakes, and sometimes there's some mistakes you really want to avoid. Marriage can be amazing with the perfect woman, but a relationship without marriage can also be amazing.
    A breakup is awful, but a divorce is even worse.

When you put the positives and the negatives together, both marriage and no marriage have the same positives, but marriage has worse negatives.

I still don't say no to marriage, but given it's pointless, maybe I never get married, though I do want one woman to spend the rest of my life with, just like being married, but without the contract.

• "I don't agree when you put all women in the same box, a negative one. Yes, you never really know if the women you're marrying is gonna turn out to be a bitch, but the chances of that happening aren't too high, though you gotta still consider the possibility."

Actually i've heard from married guys that once they put a ring on their girlfriend something change in them. It was like a switch that went off.

Aldo all humans if given some form of power to control will abuse it even if they love you. Human nature. The fact 70% of divorces are initiated by women and divorce rate is over 60% shows this.

• "5. SEX LIFE TAKES A BIG PLUMMET IN MARRIAGE
    This goes back to a woman not having any threat of you leaving her. It's quite common that once a woman believes their is no threat of you leaving her she tends to become complacent and does not feel she needs to be intimate with you. This is a common issue among men who get little female attention and basically latch onto the first woman that shows interest."
    Wrong
    naturalnumbersgame.files.wordpress.com/.../sex-frequency.jpg
    kinseyinstitute.org/research/index.php#frequency

• *BOOM!* Evidence!

• @somebodysaycheese Not really considering they are the foremost researchers into human sexuality and actually essentially disproved freud

• The thing its 2016 not the 50's. The fact that people take something so serious based on something close to zero science is weird. Science has evolved , when neuroscience backs kinsey ill take it serious.

• Marriage is linked to health and economic benefits.

Married individuals tend to have better physicalhealth, psychological well-being, and a lower mortality risk.

Financially, married men tend to earnmore, and married women are less likely to fall into poverty.

Only civilized human marrys, not animals they just hook up. Hook up and break up eventually breaks your hearts.

• vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

I found to 5 to just be the most silly. It makes me wonder why people would marry someone who would have such mindsets.

• I knew many of the women on here were going to go in on you. Im watching a whole bunch of them go "My parents this and my parents that"... hahaha... morons. The Take is about YOU... I love how many women always tend to be like "i don't know what you are talking about, im not like that"... you can't judge yourself or your actions, of course you will always judge in favor of yourself. Jeebus.
    Women like to get defensive when you call em out on their bullshit... ok, agreed that you @BubbleBoy69 do come off slightly bitter but i don't blame you, you've probably had to go through a Slew of women who act like this.
    This might not apply to every frickin marriage on the planet but it does ring with a lot of truth for most. Marriage doesn't benefit men, it screws us and women generally tend to pretend until that ring hits the finger then the monster comes out. Of course women will get defensive quick over this because why? they KNOW they DO it, intentionally or not. lets not even intimacy which goes down after marriage (she already got what she wanted, she has lived out her fantasy)
    I especially like this line "... being with them for several years is not sufficient evidence of commitment." Knock on wood.

This is a very true myTake, at least from a guy perspective. thing is, I've already made plans for my marriage so the above doesn't happen... i have strategies and contingencies in place should my future wife try that nonsense. the only only thing i don't have a plan for... is the possibility of meeting a more compatible person in the future. Thats gonna be a bitch.. and it does happen, all men can attest to it. You could be single and no girl is interested in you, but the moment you get a girlfriend, all of a sudden the girls come out of the woodwork. its some bull.

• Safely to say, you are planning for a doomed marriage. Why bother? Why not stay single and hit the bars or some dating sites and find random females? Why waste her time and energy when you are not really all the way committed? You should let her go so she can find someone who will enjoy her life with. Not someone who is just waiting for her to mess up. Marriage is hard enough without the add bagged you are now bringing into it.

• @davisgirl89 ... should ask me the last time i cried lol... dry tear glands... i cry a different way.
      You say i sound resentful... you are not the first to say that, don't think you will be the last but here is the thing, i am in NO WAY resentful towards women, i respect them in all capacities until they do something either unwomanly or try to encroach on me being a man. I do NOT change my attitude, nor sugarcoat, not soften, etc anything for women. After all, women wanted equality and I treat them like i would treat my fellow guys. some women do that, but those that are like women, automatically trigger the male instinct (can't fight that).
      but please do not think I am resentful...(well, not in general but to a couple lol)...

• Lmao yes sir. Well I am glad and wish you the best of luck.

And just because I am curious, how do you cry if not through tears?

• 2) I agree, women require security as a core trait. Look at the history women have had to endure, the reality of raising something that came out of her body to adulthood... she wants a male there to protect her. that seems like design and nature. But is a guy that is just hanging with her committed? I don't tink so. The entwinement of life, exchange of things of value says he's committed... not just his word. His word may be solid as a handshake, or shaky, she can't tell...
    3) there is a power challenge that occurs as you come together. And men that start submitting like that are screwing themselves. I tell men to always be dominant, but you can be loving and give her control (let her think she is in control, but you just handed it over).
    4) very true and that's why gotta take it slow and experience them in all settings. I've seen that play the other way around, it is a general comment of human beings not women. In regards to marriage, yes that is a danger. You are locked to that person and now required to love a broken person that may not want to heal. I've seen too many men suffering and dying from their "broken" wives. I've seen women suffer from their broken husbands. Cannot disagree! Loving someone is a bitch sometimes!
    5) Agree - this is why you gotta date a lot and find out what you like early on. But saying don't get married cause you may want to jump ship is... immature in my book. you marry because you love that person and build life around them... they won't be perfect and neither are you.
    6) Agree... keep it cheap, take a nice vacation, put $ in the bank so you are less stressed. But girls like to celebrate, so do have some fun... no need to spend that much
    7)

Lot of reasons not to get married... someone needs to post why you do. There are lots of reasons not to get a dog.. but people do. Reasons not to drive a car... but people do. I get the risks. I think it is a level of risk and maturity required to say... I want to marry you! And that is MAN.

Saying... I really like you, the sex is great, and I'm here for you... until I find out you aren't want I want, the sex changes, you change, I can't handle the kids, its gonna be too hard, etc.. is BOY. That said, I know MEN who are absolutely being destroyed in their relationships with women, and the inverse. I don't think avoidance of marriage is the answer... there's got to be a better way...

• Ahhh.. came across your opinion again and I couldn't agree more.

• @LillyTheGinger Glad to know there are common hearts and minds. I so appreciate Phillipino women... all the ones I've met and talked with! You have a special environment like from a bygone time... I hope it can be preserved.

• That's very nice to hear! I hope so too.. Sadly, almost a majority of the Filipinos are pushing the legality of divorce in the Phils.

• aside from the perils of potential divorce all the issues mentioned could be applied to both the male and female.

i don't take issue with much of the post aside from the fact that most could be applied to both sexes.
    &
    while a wedding may cost a good amount of money. there are very tangible savings you get almost immediately that can only be achieved through marriage (potential tax breaks, child credits, day care credits etc). for example i've been married about a 1.5 years. we had our first child and got $4500 back in taxes. money that a couple can't get without being married but generally only the woman will get if the child is born to an unmarried couple... so if you figure just two years of child credit returns and i will more than re-coup what i spent on our wedding

• one long speculative rant.

I'll still be getting married

• I also don't believe in marraige in the traditional sense. But it's not a man vs women thing, it's just the concept of marraige is the most ridiculous thing ever. I don't think anyone should get married. Many men play women in marraige too for financial reasons and also visas.

• One of my mates is getting divorced rn. It's beyond-words heart wrenching... It's just so ugly. Like I am pretty sure I want to get married, but some days it's like well shit lol

• innit an don't forget 80% of divorce is initiated by women. How can you trust female hypergamy? lol

• @SamSmithe You see this is the problem that men face in this world. Is that men are slaves to sex and women, feminism use sex as a tool to manipulate men with by getting us to commit so they can get access to our resources. The truth is that men dont need women... women need us though for tons of things, a man just needs sex. The rest of it is just a want like love, bonding and shit which i don't care about anyways.

• Of course most of the women on here will want to defend marriage. They are the ones that gain all the power in marriage. Sure a good relationship with a woman can be a great thing, but that doesn't mean that he needs to be married to her. So far not a single woman has been able to give any good reasons for why a man would want to be married as opposed to just being in a relationship. That should tell you a lot about how bad marriage has become.

• Just 7 reasons?

There's a book out there that have over 100 Reasons on the same subject and topic:

img0090.psstatic.com/...en-should-never-marry-.jpg

• I agree that marriage isn't worth it nowadays but the number one thing that sucks money out of you is having kids. A married man who never had kids is financially better off that a man who gets his girlfriend pregnant out of wedlock. Also a married man who never has kids will generally have a much better sex life than the married men who did have kids. In some cases married men without kids even have better sexlives than men who live the bachelor lifestyle.

That being said I don't see anything I get in marriage that I don't get in a relationship so I don't see the point. Also the rate at which women sleep around kinda demotivates me away from marriage too.

• Guy marries girl thinking she is a virtuous woman with good character and morals

thenypost.files.wordpress.com/.../...y-wedding.jpg

Turns out she had a drug problem and was addicted to cocaine. OD on combination of alcohol and cocaine with her panties in her purse at a drug dealer's apartment.

thenypost.files.wordpress.com/.../doc-3.jpg

I ain't about that life.

• More from Guys
    42