8 Things You Should Never Say To Your Pregnant Wife

Over nine months, a pregnant wife suffers from significant changes in the body's hormones that put her in a bad mood most of the time. Actually, this future mother is in great need of greater care, attention, and love.

In order to pass this period in peace, here's a list of key phrases that you should not say to your pregnant wife as much as possible :

1- Don't complain of exhaustion and tiredness in front of her.

You can complain but only if you're carrying another human being inside you! When she complains, never tell her that you know how she feels because you will never know!

2- "WOW .. See how this lady looks graceful though she has two children!"

Noticing the bodies of other women and commenting on them is not allowed in this period. So, it is better to compliment her beauty because your wife does not suffer from obesity, but she is only pregnant.

3- "Are you going to wear this ?!"

Don't judge what your wife chooses to wear, because those clothes are the only options that fit her body and make her feel comfortable at this critical time.

4- "I am waiting for my baby!"

Dear man, it is not only you who is waiting and it is not you who is suffering, so please don't be selfish. Don't say that in front of the people, and do not act like your wife's feelings towards the birth date are not important! You can say "we are waiting for our baby" instead.

5- "Take it easy, I am sure it is not as hard as you think"

Dear man, as long as you do not have a womb, you may not talk about the pain of pregnancy.

6- "You became so moody recently"

This is not the perfect sentence to say to a woman who is suffering from natural changes in the body's hormones and carrying another human in her womb. Women in pregnancy cannot control their feelings or mood, so always try to support her and present beside her no matter what her mood is.

7- "Why did not you wash my clothes ?!"

If you noticed that your wife did not complete the household tasks anymore, that would be because of the decrease of her energy and ability, so its better to help her and ease the burdens placed on her.

8- "I like your chubby belly"

Try not to remind her that her body has became different from the past; even if she didn't show that she was sad, she would be sad from the inside.

Finally, please remember that your mother was pregnant once or more, your grandmother, your sister, and your daughter. That's all.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 11

• 0|1
  • awwwwww <3 <3 LOVE THIS TAKE!

• Aww, this is cute.

• I just made my boyfriend read this bc all the things on that list I could see him doing so thank u very much for this!.

• I think as a woman who had two pregnancies I heard every ugly things from my spouse but I manage to talk bck to him saying hav u ever look at the mirror lately I got this belly from bearing ur kids but what is ur excuse?

• #7 means war. That's one selfish guy to think a woman late in pregnancy, and probably full of aches and pains, is his slave. I expect a loving man to try and handle the long tasks like cooking, hard cleaning (no tubscrubbing for a preggo lady!), and errands (no long lines in wal mart for mommy to be!) during those last few.

• Oh God... that tired one! If only somebody had told my dude this. That got to me so much. Yea i know you tired but you just don't get it!

• I'm waiting for my baby

Omg I just pictured a guy tapping his foot with his hand on his waist while saying that to his very pregnant wife lmao

• Well said!

• A question to the guys... Has any guy ever said number 8. And lived to tell the tale? Hahaha

• How compassionate you are. Thanks for this!

What Guys Said 5

• Great take but don't agree with #8. I am definitely going to say "You're fat" to my future wife, friends and sister. Of course as a joke.

• You must be another pathetic white knight

• Dear man,

After eating a particularly large steak for dinner and drowning it with a few cold beers, don't pat your fat belly and say "Now I know how it feels to be pregnant".

• Very nice !!

• Being a movie buff, I once mentioned to a pregnant young woman at work that her silhouette was starting to resemble that of Alfred Hitchcock. Unfortunately, it turned out she knew who he was...