My Experience With a Boudoir Shoot

Recently my husband and I celebrated our anniversary, and for his gift I decided to secretly pose for a boudoir photo shoot. Now I did not arrive at this decision lightly mind you. Allowing strangers to witness me in lingerie, and better yet practically nude, just to give my husband a gift was something I questioned multiple times. I discussed it with many of my friends who all encouraged me to do it; their thinking I'm sure was better ME than them.

After finding the courage to go through with my idea, I had to locate the right photographer. This took weeks of research online, phone calls, pouring through reviews and testimonials. It wasn't as easy as picking a wedding photographer, I can assure you of that! Finally, after much debate, I made up my mind on Tim (not his real name) at Tim's Studio (not the name of the studio either). It was an hour away from my home, but he was highly recommended and his work was exceptional. Plus, all comments read made sure to mention how easy he was to work with. That was important to me. If I'm going to try to look sexy I need to be comfortable, otherwise I'll come across looking like a clown.

The next issue was price. Tim's Studio offered several packages, ranging in price. The cheapest was $300, which was WAY more than what we would ideally spend for an anniversary gift towards each other. But I didn't come here to be cheap...I upgraded to (gulp) the $500 package, which was three outfits not two. That third outfit was important to me, and would be important to HIM, too--which I'll explain in a minute.

When the day arrives, I drag my best friend Molly along with me for support. I've thanked her for being there soooo many times since. I was such a nervous wreck I seriously don't think I could have done this without her.

My appointment was at 10AM, and i was right on time. I was greeted with a mimosa, which I was encouraged to "sip, not gulp". They had a nice fruit tray and a bagel and cream cheese offering as well, along with a few pastries. I nibbled on a strawberry or two but I was too nervous to eat. I love mimosa but didn't indulge as much as I wanted to. I've learned over the years when I'm this nervous my stomach does crazy things, and putting more than the smallest amounts of food and drink in it will make me nauseous.

Tim pulled me aside after twenty minutes or so to go over details again. They offer their own lingerie - which I was told is dry cleaned in case you get an EWWW like I did when I heard it - but I chose to bring my own, along with a dress. I told him I wanted to do the dress first, then go from there. Tim looked at my wardrobe, seemed to make a mental note--imagining how he was going to shoot me I suppose--then told me to disrobe and called the makeup crew over while he set up.

I spoke to Miss Ruby and her assistant about what look I wanted - classic 60s Playboy Playmate. I even had the name - Dolly Read - because I share similar features with the former Playmate (I said similar people we aren't twins ok???). I had told Tim this on the phone a few weeks ago but I think they wanted the final specifics since this was go time. They Googled her while I slipped into the dressing room, changed into my first set of bra and panties, then finally a large, warm robe.

As I walked out, they whisked me away to Ruby's station, who began to do my makeup, while her assistant began to tease my hair. Before long I looked like a pin-up version of me! I then retreated back once again into the dressing room, CAREFULLY put my dress and heels on.
Regarding the dress - it is a short sleeve, button-up, just above the knee number that I wore the first night I had sex with my husband. It has sentimental value to him more than me honestly, but he adores it and any posing will need to include it. Satisfied , I emerged - with all eyes on me and scared out of my freakin mind!

They turn on music, classical to fit my tastes. Again, to put me at ease. Then Tim starts asking me to do a variety of poses. It starts out very easy--hands on hips, smile, tilt your head, look at the camera like it's your hubby and you want to seduce him, that sort of thing. All with my dress on, except the top few buttons were undone for more than a hint of cleavage. It was all very easy and my butterflies start to back off; however, it's when Tim asks me to start unbuttoning my dress and begin to be more flexible with my poses that I have issues.

Ironically I had no problem exposing my bra and panties. In my mind, right or wrong, I knew I showed off just as much at the beach. Being seen in my underwear didn't phase me.

The hard part was bending my body the way he wanted me to. Like, um, I'm a fit girl and all but I don't think what you are asking me to do is humanly possible. I started to feel the butterflies really hit me hard.

Thankfully the studio had helpers, for lack of a better word, to show me HOW to get into the pose. I don't know if that was because I paid more for my package or if everyone enjoyed that benefit , but let me tell you that was a life saver! Without her I probably would have injured myself LOL

I had confided in Tim that my husband was a leg man, so many pics and poses were made that accentuated my legs. It was getting to be fun prancing around posing in my lacy things with my open dress flowing around me like a cape. I was Super Lingerie Woman!

Then the moment of truth came. Time for the bra to drop. My husband may be a leg man but he's still a MAN which means he LOVES breasts, so I knew I wanted to take several pics topless. I actually wrestled with this decision up until the day before, even thinking of posing in a sheer bra. But I eventually decided for the money I was spending, I better go the distance. I didn't want to look back on it and wish I hadn't been frozen by fear.

So, with all eyes on me, the bra comes off. And...nothing happens.

Well, Tim takes pictures. He asks me to pose slightly different. That sort of thing happens.
But no one gasps. No one freaks out. No one even says "Hey nice rack!" No one reacts to my topless figure standing in front of them in the middle of the room. I mean they all LOOK, which felt a bit surreal to know that my boobs were on unfiltered display for all eyes in the room. But everything just kept going along normally. THAT helped and I cannot overstate how much. The fact that everyone treated my topless pictures as I was wearing clothing was huge.

After we are done with round one, I'm given my robe which I throw on quickly. I know it's the nerves but I'm freezing! I receive a round of applause - which causes me to blush - and I'm given a glass of champagne. My nerves are more settled now so it's safe to drink.

We all gather around a laptop with numerous images of me. Did he really take that many pictures of me? There are like a LOT! We start to review them. My initial reaction is to dislike them but Molly is gushing : "I love your hair in this picture!" and "Ohhh you look so beautiful in this one!" or "Your husband will never stop looking at this pic it's so sexy!"

I have two more sets to do, and after you've gone topless once it's much easier. The next two sets are straight lingerie, and move to different areas of the studio so the props aren't always the same for each group of pictures. I won't go into detail since it's all more of the same essentially.

After it was over I felt so wonderful! And tired! The posing, the modeling, and most of all the stress really wear you out!

But I'm glad I did it. It's a once in a lifetime experience. And my husband was also happy I did it. Like, over the top happy LOL.

All in all, a very rewarding anniversary gift for both of us!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 12

• I have friends who've done boudoir before. One does it regularly, and another did it one time, liked the photos, but undecided on doing it again. I've considered doing a male shoot done myself. Only trouble is here most boudoir photography studios won't do guys and if they do they're expensive

• That's interesting. I would have thought a studio would shoot men as well. Maybe someday you'll be able to experience it.
      Thanks for reading!

• I know I'd love it. :) I wouldn't need the topless part (in fact, I'd prefer something more elegant), but it's not hard to see the appeal of some nudity. ;)

• @Fathoms77 if I were to do it again - which I'm fairly certain I won't - I would have not been so brazen with the nudity. But the pictures turned out fantastic and he loved them so win-win for everyone.

• I have to look that word up, find Homer Simpson in a firefighter suit and then eat pizza.

• Nice job, I applaud your courage (and writing).

• Thank you! I'm not sure about the writing but I appreciate your compliments!

• Loved this myTake! I would love for my girlfriend to surprise me with something like this. Even if she didn't do nude, just sexy photos would be appreciated. I admire your courage to give your boyfriend something he'll remember a lifetime.

• Thanks! I appreciate you reading!

• Oh no LOL! I'm not about to post my pictures on here ! I don't even have my profile as my avatar, not about to show these intimate photos!

• That's too bad. I looked up Dolly Read, she's quite fetching! I bet your pics look just as good!

• Another one of you.. (Y) You are amazing :)

• Sounds like an interesting experience. That's cool you were able to get over the nerves to do something fun & different, and obviously that your husband liked it too. I'm not married so it doesn't feel like something directly relevant to any situation I've been in, but the closest thing it made me think of is how a guy can go about buying lingerie for his girlfriend/wife. With my last relationship it was something I thought about quite a bit, but I never got around to actually trying to buy lingerie for her on my own. I know it's a slightly different topic, but any thoughts/advice for guys with that?

• I love it when my husband buys me lingerie! Admittedly he doesn't do it often, and I like it that way. That he does it rarely makes it more special. That he takes the time to think of what I would like, and what he likes as well, and tries to find something that would match both our tastes. Then knowing my size, and surprising me not on an anniversary of birthday but just out of the blue just because he loves me? It's special and wonderful. And that works not just with lingerie but with any gift: flowers, books, etc. Just my opinion, all girls are different, you know your lady better than I do 😀
      Thanks for reading!

• Thanks for the advice and awesome insight! If you don't mind will you give me a follow? I'd like to message you about a situation to get your thoughts.

• Yeah I have always a supporter of boudoir shoots - If you are comfortable with it and want to give your husband a nice gift, why not - My personal preference would probably be the arty poses ( subtle, hints of nudity without actual nudity maybe types of style we find very attractive, clothes and make up wise)

• Yeah I mentioned if I had to do it agin I would probably not go full topless, I would have been more subtle. But at the same time I'm really glad I did it. I don't want to be seventy years old and look back on my life and say "I wish I had done that", so I'm glad I did it. Don't think I would ever do it again though.
      Thanks for reading!

• I'm a photographer. I love being able to show women how beautiful they sometimes forget they are.

• I've always been interested in photography-not people but nature. The world is a beautiful place! But my pictures always turn out horrible LOL! I think photographers like yourself are real artists!
      Thanks for reading!

• @OleMissMiss
    Howdy Miss, Did they used a dildo-cam just like the folks at All Internal? Those units make the best shots IMHO.

• so what are we supposed to do with these pictures?

• Maybe I'm weird but I don't really see the appeal of my girlfriend taking her clothes off in front of another man just so he can photograph her. :/

• Many people feel the way you do, I'm probably in the minority in this endevour. But I appreciate you taking the time to read myTake.

• Well with you I guess it worked out since your husband liked it.

Did you know before hand that he would be ok with it or did you have doubts about how he would feel about it?

• Honestly I was on the fence. I knew he would appreciate me posing in lingerie. I knew he would find that sexy. But going topless I was worried about. So much so I almost didn't do it. But he loved it. He absolutely loved it. He was glad I didn't go totally nude though. He did mention several times he's glad I didn't show my coochie lol. Posing completely nude never occurred to me honestly but obviously I was close to crossing the line. Glad to know I didn't cross it.

What Girls Said 10

• wow this was really interesting! thanks for sharing =] i like how u felt liberated in those moments where the bra came off and they didn't make a huge scene.

i've always wanted to do a sexy photoshoot, but actually WITH my man. maybe someday =]

• It was freaking scary, then fun as hell! I don't think I would ever do it again though LOL Once in a lifetime is enough, that was my Playboy moment. I'm really glad I did it though. Worth the nerves I had
      Thanks for reading!

• good on you for being brave enough to do it! xx

• Thanks for sharing , this is a awesome and unique take.

• how long did that take you? It seems to be a day's work for just a few photo shoots.

• what are you going to use the photos for?

• Well congrats for your happy anniversary. Been with him for long?

• Thanks! Been with him for nearly eight years, but just celebrated our four year wedding anniversary.

• I would love if my husband did something like this for me!

• I always like to hear the perspectives of people who go through these shoots. I'm a photographerband I guess much like a doctor, you become immune to the idea sometimes that people have these huge, often times, very irrational insecurities about themselves. To me at least, I see so much beauty in the people I shoot... great smiles, great body language, a cool outfit, interactions with couples... I don't see a whole ton of flaws, but of course, "I" don't spend much time being on the other side of the camera. For that reason, as you've described, I spent quite a bit of time explaining the process, and showing clients what I'm going to do and what I want them to do, because it does help relax them and make them so much more comfortable which is exactly why I think "Tim" was the right person for you. Even fully clothed, it's important that a client is comfortable and relaxed so you can really give them the photos they desire. Bravo for you for putting yourself out there all in the name of love!

• Thank you! Tim was such a sweetheart and a joy to work with! Even though I was nervous - over the top nervous - I felt such excitement at the same time and I'm so glad I did it. It was a great experience and one I'll always remember!
      I've always admired photographers. I've tried taking up photography myself, taking pictures of nature and landmarks, and I fail pretty miserably. I admire your artistic ability.
      Thanks for reading!

• "To me at least, I see so much beauty in the people I shoot"
      ^^ Yeah, I'd imagine you have this in common with anyone who lasts very long as a photographer.

I met one of the world's best-known photographers of nudes once -- back before he was one of the world's best-known -- and he said pretty much exactly the same thing you're saying here.
      I told that story in my opinion here:
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1888330-does-this-guy-have-the-best-job-ever

• I will never waste $500 to get some semi-nude pictures of myself and show it to someone who has already seen me naked a million times.

• Many people feel the same way you do. It was a major financial investment that's no exaggeration. Hopefully the joy and excitement it brought was worth the cost.
      Thanks for reading!

• I'm afraid I find the whole idea of photo shoots, sexy or just when it's the family... very tacky. When you go into peoples homes and see the family portrait I just cringe, even worse when it's a semi erotic photo of someone's wife and mother.

But who gives a shit what I think, if your husband liked it and you enjoyed it then good for you.

• If your husband is fine with that then okay, but I personally find that disrespectful to the marriage. If I were to ever do something like that I would think it would be much more special, intimate, and romantic to have my husband be the photographer. My body is for my husband to see, not random strangers even if it's in a professional setting.

• I knew I would get some pushback when I posted this myTake. I appreciate your concerns, and they are valid. Part of me struggled with that thought--now that I'm married should I expose my body to someone else to give my husband a gift like this? I came to a peace with it, especially when I brought my friend along with me.
      Thank you for reading!

• I know that these are just stock photos but it's a bit weird that you're talking about boudoir photography with a photo of a prepubescent girl as the main photo.

• She didn't look that young to me. Difference of opinion I suppose

• @LeftNutOnlyPlease who are you and why do you think you have the right to speak to me?

• What? Lol that lady looks like she's in her 30's.

• Happy anniversary @OleMissMiss 🎉🎉🎉🎂🎂🎂🎊🎊🎊💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼❤️❤️❤️