15 Things I Look Forward to Being as a Future Wife

Yes, I know I’m young and that marriage is still a long, long way off, and that I could be thinking (and writing) about other things, but stuff it, I decided to write about this anyways.

A little explanation: I am all for people being who they want to be, but personally, I support traditional gender roles, to an extent. That’s just what appeals to me. But at the same time, I think a relationship or marriage should be equal or 50/50 for most things, because it’s a partnership and it takes two.

**WARNING: TACKY STOCK IMAGES AHEAD**

1. Be a Good Friend

Everyone has their own opinion about what makes a relationship and what breaks it, but I think it’s important that every strong romantic relationship is built on friendship, with some sharing of common values, morals and interests. If I can’t be his best friend, I’d like to be a good friend, but without taking away from his other mates either.

2. Communicate Well

I don’t know that much about relationships, but as of now, I think this is the key to having a successful one. I hope that regardless of how little/long we’ve been married, that we’ll always be able to communicate well and express how we’re feeling or what we want clearly.

3. Be Affectionate

I’m affectionate, and I’d want to show this with plenty of hugs and kisses (although not excessively). But, I’m not one for public displays of affection (PDA), so these moments would generally be kept all to ourselves.

(Us on GaG together lmao)

4. Be Supportive

If he’s having a tough time or has even just come home from a long day at work, I want to be supportive of him and share the load that’s weighing on his shoulders. And while a lot of the time being supportive is about being there for someone, if he needs his space, then that is totally fine as well.

5. Still Have Fun

I don’t want to become the ‘fun police’ and lose all sense of my inner child, I still want to be able to occasionally joke around and playfully tease each other too, and keep things interesting.

6. To Cook for Him

I may not be a Nigella in the kitchen, but there’s something satisfying about placing a meal in front of someone and having them enjoy it.

7. Take Care of the Housework

I’m a strange one, but I actually don’t mind tidying up and cleaning, it gives me peace of mind and is actually quite calming (I’m also a tiny bit of a neat freak). I want him to come home to a clean house that he’s proud of.

8. Be Comfortable at My Worst

No, I don’t mean letting myself go, but I want to be able to occasionally wear my trackies and t-shirts, not have to worry about wearing makeup every day (which I don’t think will be much of an issue lol) and sometimes just chill in my uggies.

I’d want be okay with being at my worst, not just physically, but emotionally too, and to I know I can always rely on him to support me as well.

9. Take Pride in My Appearance

Sort of contradicts the above point, but I try to take pride in looking my best (and being my best) when I can, and hopefully this won't change.

There’s also nothing wrong with ‘date night’ once a week or whenever we decide to have it, I definitely still want those glamorous, sexy moments too!

10. Not Let Myself Go

I want to stay in good shape and not let myself go, for both my health’s sake, and his sake. I see tons of questions on here from men asking what to do about their SO’s who have let themselves go, and I don’t want to be one of those women.

11. Please Him

I'd have a strong desire to please and to keep him happy, which I don’t think is inherently bad, as long as I’m not constantly forfeiting my own needs and opinions either. I'm no push-over!

12. Try New Things

Now, I’m really hoping I don’t get reported for adult content again (happens every time, I swear) so keeping in line with the GaG posting rules, I’m going to keep this short, sharp and sweet.

With the limited experience I do have, I like to think I’m very open minded and would be willing to try many new things with him, both in and out of the bedroom. ;)

13. Have a Good Work Ethic

Even at a young age, I’ve got big dreams and lots of ambition for my future career, which is something I’d hope he has too. I want to be in the workforce alongside him, until raising a family comes into play, and I’d like to have the first few years of being a mother off of work. When the children are older, then we can alternate between who’s the main bread-winner and who isn’t. But, in saying that, I don’t want to neglect my family either, so if the finances support it and said husband would like me to be a stay at home mum, then so be it, family is the number one priority.

14. Be a Mother

I want to have his children, and experience the ups and downs of motherhood with him. I’m not fussed on the sex or how many (at least, not yet) but I hope that we raise our children well and instil the right values in them.

15. Grow Old with Him

Yes, I want one of those cliche rom com moments, but I want to see our kids develop into adults, and to watch our grandkids play while we sit on the porch, old and frail, still very much in love like we were when we first got married. (That was cheesy, but it's true, so imma leave it in).

Hope you enjoyed :)

Also, some of you may notice the similarities between mine a take that ElissaDido posted a week or two ago which I am aware of, but I’ve spoken to her about this and I can assure you that I didn’t write this with the intent of copying her.

P.S. yes this might be a little naive, but I'm only 17 and this is how I feel right now :P

Luci92 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 39

• I used to torment my fiancee about the ways I was going to propose to her. Like getting real dirty and stinky then show up at her job wearing ratty clothes with a sign that read "Will Marry You For Food" but in the end I did something like this at home 25.media.tumblr.com/...lpn73ewSx31qbxne5o8_400.gif except with blue painter's tape and card below it saying "Turn Around" on the inside because I was on my knee behind her. (This take reminded me of it, Thanks.)

• 1. Yes
    2. Agreed
    3: Alright!!! I love affectionate girls ❤️
    4. Yes
    5. Mm hm
    6. Not a necessity, but certainly a sweet gesture 😊
    7. Again, not a necessity, but if it really has a positive effect on you, go for it! 😊
    8. I actually like when a girl doesn't wear make up ❤️
    9. Extra effort is always appreciated 😊
    10. Nice
    11. That's good, I also love to please ❤️
    12. Oh my 😮
    13. Career isn't a big deal with me admittedly
    14. Don't want kids personally, but I can understand where you're coming from
    15. Like in the Wedding Singer? Awesome! ❤️

Overall, this romantic guy approves. Good luck finding love ❤️

• I'm already married but now I will consider polygamy.

• This was a very cute MyTake but I just can't help feeling like you're a tad naive ;-). I'm by no means saying you can't achieve your dream... however, you should know that it's much tougher than what most teenagers or early 20s people think. The truth is that above all other things, long-term relationships (married or unmarried) are lots of work. It's a little bit like when you're standing next to a buddhist monk and you watch him do the finishing touches of a sand mandala. It makes you love the art piece and it makes you want to create a sand mandala of your own. Because you haven't been standing next to this monk every day for the past 6 months, it's very easy to forget how much mental and physical work have gone into this thing. So yes, long-term relationships can be really amazing and successful but only if both people are willing to constantly work on it. Many young people forget about this because they've only been in relationships for one or two years. During this "honeymoon-phase", everything seems to go well on its own. You're always happy, you're always horny etc.. However, this phase is over after 2-3 years and that's where the REAL relationship starts. This is the make-it-or-break-it moment. It's like a big speed bump in your way and most young people don't make it over it because they lack the motivation, the persistence or the ability to forgive. I'll give you a drastic but realistic example: imagine you've been married for a couple of years and your husband ends up cheating on you. Most people on this website would immediately scream: "Dump him! Dump him!" That's what weak people do. They regard relationships as material products (like a cell phone or a TV) and if there's a big scratch in it, they just throw it in the bin. However, succeeding in a marriage or long-term relationship includes getting past these kind of tough situations together and believe that better times will come again if you're willing to work on things. Remember: the divorce rate is currently above 50% and only if you and your future husband are BOTH willing to fight like lions for the relationship even when you're pissed at each other or disappointed or desperate, you can make it.

Like I said, I'm not saying you can't do it. You sound like a very sweet person. But it's important to manage your expectations.

• What you're saying makes complete sense, and I think this Take can definitely make me sound a tad naive, but I am definitely aware that it's not all sunshine and daisies. Thank you for your imput :)

• Lucky guy.

• You sound like you'll be the perfect wife! I definitely want all those things in the woman I marry. Great take, I enjoyed reading!

• You will make the perfect wife And any guy will be very lucky marrying you. You have very good and great morals and values. Nicely well written.😎

• Sounds like a plan, you'll be a good wife and mother ^^.

• Cool, who ever you end up with, he'll be a very fortunate man.

1. I agree. Someone that you can let your guard down with. Goes along with #8 in my opinion.

2. YES! A gal gets it. Just hopefully it doesn't get into "a high volume discussion" because I think that is when you stop communicating.

• yeah! you girls say all this sweet stuff now but when the right guy comes along you dump him, and naturally do the complete opposite, then you go for players, plus you girls dont care to approach a guy you like and because of all that, these things will never happen.

• This is every guy's drea!

• 2|0
    • Your take made me think of this scene from up :')

• Omg I love that scene! Makes me tear up at the end tho :'(

• More girls like you please. Haha. Your a keeper to any guy if you actually stick to this list.

• I enjoyed reading these and agree with all. However I believe each person has to give 100/100 of their best to a relationship. I wish more ladies hope or looked forward to being a wife as other women do. Thank you for this.

• I hope it all comes true for you. My parents still seem happy after about 700 years and a lot of passive-aggressive BS. Me, I've pretty much given up on the whole myth.

• Thank you :)
      And that's good to hear about your parents, but I'm sorry you've given up :( you've still got time to change that dude! (I mean, if you want to)

• Honestly, most of it goes for me too, except probably not the cooking and ask me again in 10 years about kids.

• Your heart is in the right place. Whoever ends up with you is a lucky man.

• I swear someone wrote a my take on this before

• Great brahh

• Your ideals make you seem like a wonderful future wife.

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 17

• <3 <3
    beautiful!

__

speaking of "tacky stock images"... check out the girl mho here
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2021507-challenge-can-you-post-a-gif-of-what-you-imagine-it-ll-be-like-when

I actually made myself cry posting that, lmao... I'm one of *those*.

• Thank you <3

Aww I feel you, I'm very much the same, and those photos are tacky yet still kinda awesome too.

• This is so heartfelt and sincere ✨💖 Every point resonates me if I ever become a confidante in the future.

I seriously don't get Number 14. I mean, not only with you but also with all my other girl friends I personally know. I guess it's different for me since I am afraid of the idea of childbirth and I somehow despise the idea of me having children.

• Thank you :)
      Some people simply just don't like the idea, my friend is the same, and that's totally fine :)

• awwweee good one! its something i want

• I really enjoyed
    I totally agree but I'm gonna report you for adult content😂😂😂😂

• Love this! Good MyTake 😊

• This was very sweet. I'm sure you'll be a great wife.

• This was adorable :)

You mind if I post my own version?

• Aww this was so sweet. I can't wait to be a wife either :) I'm engaged right now and will be married in about 2 years. We just have to get things organized and save up.

• Thank you :) That's awesome, I hope you have a lovely wedding and marriage when it eventually happens!

• Good take!

• Great Take. Felt like it was written by me.

• I know I am weird but I don't want most of the things here but if you have that you will have a perfect life

• It's not the perfect formula, you can't factor in unforseen events, and there are bound to be lots of ups and downs too, but it's a start on a good life :)

• every perfect life on tv is like that, but perfect is not always the best

• Is there such a thing as a perfect life anyways?

• nice

// :)

• All excellent, but the second one I think is vital

• I've been married 2 times it's fun.🐸

• Those are all the things I want. But won't ever get because I have a mental disorder that ruins everything in my life.

• Don't sell yourself short. My best friend has a lot of mental disorders and her husband was in the military so he has ptsd and they work well together. You'll find someone. It really does just take time. I work with medicare and some people I speak with are getting engaged and they are 65 and older

• @Brelee625 I'll try to be a bit more patient which is too hard :/ I feel like my life is being wasted. but I guess there is still hope for me... thank you:)

• Having been married, this is alll great and all but this is not realistic. it is too storybook. Sorry to break it to you.

• Fair enough, thanks for the feedback :)
      Still only a naive teenager after all lol

• what if he will cheat on u lol