15 Things I Look Forward to Being as a Future Wife

Yes, I know I’m young and that marriage is still a long, long way off, and that I could be thinking (and writing) about other things, but stuff it, I decided to write about this anyways.

A little explanation: I am all for people being who they want to be, but personally, I support traditional gender roles, to an extent. That’s just what appeals to me. But at the same time, I think a relationship or marriage should be equal or 50/50 for most things, because it’s a partnership and it takes two.

**WARNING: TACKY STOCK IMAGES AHEAD**

1. Be a Good Friend

Everyone has their own opinion about what makes a relationship and what breaks it, but I think it’s important that every strong romantic relationship is built on friendship, with some sharing of common values, morals and interests. If I can’t be his best friend, I’d like to be a good friend, but without taking away from his other mates either.

2. Communicate Well

I don’t know that much about relationships, but as of now, I think this is the key to having a successful one. I hope that regardless of how little/long we’ve been married, that we’ll always be able to communicate well and express how we’re feeling or what we want clearly.

3. Be Affectionate

I’m affectionate, and I’d want to show this with plenty of hugs and kisses (although not excessively). But, I’m not one for public displays of affection (PDA), so these moments would generally be kept all to ourselves.

(Us on GaG together lmao)

4. Be Supportive

If he’s having a tough time or has even just come home from a long day at work, I want to be supportive of him and share the load that’s weighing on his shoulders. And while a lot of the time being supportive is about being there for someone, if he needs his space, then that is totally fine as well.

5. Still Have Fun

I don’t want to become the ‘fun police’ and lose all sense of my inner child, I still want to be able to occasionally joke around and playfully tease each other too, and keep things interesting.

6. To Cook for Him

I may not be a Nigella in the kitchen, but there’s something satisfying about placing a meal in front of someone and having them enjoy it.

7. Take Care of the Housework

I’m a strange one, but I actually don’t mind tidying up and cleaning, it gives me peace of mind and is actually quite calming (I’m also a tiny bit of a neat freak). I want him to come home to a clean house that he’s proud of.

8. Be Comfortable at My Worst

No, I don’t mean letting myself go, but I want to be able to occasionally wear my trackies and t-shirts, not have to worry about wearing makeup every day (which I don’t think will be much of an issue lol) and sometimes just chill in my uggies.

I’d want be okay with being at my worst, not just physically, but emotionally too, and to I know I can always rely on him to support me as well.

9. Take Pride in My Appearance

Sort of contradicts the above point, but I try to take pride in looking my best (and being my best) when I can, and hopefully this won't change.

There’s also nothing wrong with ‘date night’ once a week or whenever we decide to have it, I definitely still want those glamorous, sexy moments too!

10. Not Let Myself Go

I want to stay in good shape and not let myself go, for both my health’s sake, and his sake. I see tons of questions on here from men asking what to do about their SO’s who have let themselves go, and I don’t want to be one of those women.

11. Please Him

I'd have a strong desire to please and to keep him happy, which I don’t think is inherently bad, as long as I’m not constantly forfeiting my own needs and opinions either. I'm no push-over!

12. Try New Things

Now, I’m really hoping I don’t get reported for adult content again (happens every time, I swear) so keeping in line with the GaG posting rules, I’m going to keep this short, sharp and sweet.

With the limited experience I do have, I like to think I’m very open minded and would be willing to try many new things with him, both in and out of the bedroom. ;)

13. Have a Good Work Ethic

Even at a young age, I’ve got big dreams and lots of ambition for my future career, which is something I’d hope he has too. I want to be in the workforce alongside him, until raising a family comes into play, and I’d like to have the first few years of being a mother off of work. When the children are older, then we can alternate between who’s the main bread-winner and who isn’t. But, in saying that, I don’t want to neglect my family either, so if the finances support it and said husband would like me to be a stay at home mum, then so be it, family is the number one priority.

14. Be a Mother

I want to have his children, and experience the ups and downs of motherhood with him. I’m not fussed on the sex or how many (at least, not yet) but I hope that we raise our children well and instil the right values in them.

15. Grow Old with Him

Yes, I want one of those cliche rom com moments, but I want to see our kids develop into adults, and to watch our grandkids play while we sit on the porch, old and frail, still very much in love like we were when we first got married. (That was cheesy, but it's true, so imma leave it in).

Hope you enjoyed :)

Also, some of you may notice the similarities between mine a take that ElissaDido posted a week or two ago which I am aware of, but I’ve spoken to her about this and I can assure you that I didn’t write this with the intent of copying her.

P.S. yes this might be a little naive, but I'm only 17 and this is how I feel right now :P

Luci92 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 39

I used to torment my fiancee about the ways I was going to propose to her. Like getting real dirty and stinky then show up at her job wearing ratty clothes with a sign that read "Will Marry You For Food" but in the end I did something like this at home 25.media.tumblr.com/...lpn73ewSx31qbxne5o8_400.gif except with blue painter's tape and card below it saying "Turn Around" on the inside because I was on my knee behind her. (This take reminded me of it, Thanks.)

I'm already married but now I will consider polygamy.

Sounds like a plan, you'll be a good wife and mother ^^.

This is every guy's drea!

I hope it all comes true for you. My parents still seem happy after about 700 years and a lot of passive-aggressive BS. Me, I've pretty much given up on the whole myth.

Thank you :)
      And that's good to hear about your parents, but I'm sorry you've given up :( you've still got time to change that dude! (I mean, if you want to)

The fact that increasing numbers of people are not bothering to get married at all. There are lots of reasons that marriage is dying, but the biggest one is that we have banished the concept of masculine leadership within marriage.
    The headship of the husband in marriage simply means that there are complementary masculine and feminine roles within marriage. The role of the husband is to be a leader. As a leader, he is responsible for determining the family’s mission, setting the pace, and keeping up morale. He also has ultimate decision making authority.
    You can think of the husband as the king of the realm where the realm is his own family.
    It is important to stress that the husband’s leadership role within marriage is natural. It is not a cultural construct. The patriarchal leadership of the husband has been apparent in every civilization from the Pagan Greeks and Romans to the Christian societies of the Middle Ages and early 20th century America. It is only after 1960 that we began to see the erosion of this masculine ideal in Western countries with the rise of feminism.
    The equalist narrative really took off in the 1960s.
    Of course, bringing back the headship of the husband is easier said than done. Western culture underwent a complete transformation 50 years ago. We went from being a somewhat traditional culture to a radical egalitarian one.
    The transformation was due in large part to the influence of feminism. Feminists used the worst abuses of patriarchy to dismantle the entire institution. They talked about women who had endured years of violent beatings or who suffered silently with a philandering husband.
    No one wants to see innocent people suffer, so the public responded by making “reforms.” No fault divorce was created so that men and women could break up a marriage even if their spouse was not guilty of doing anything wrong. Women were encouraged to remain in the workforce even after they had children as a way of being independent from their husbands. And generations of boys and girls were raised to believe that men and women were equal in every way except for the surface level differences of their sex organs.
    These cultural changes have all but extinguished the idea of true masculine leadership in marriage. Thus, if we want to restore the headship of the husband, we have our work cut out for us.

To be quite honest, while it may not be for everyone, I am quite happy with the husband having a leadership role in the marriage. It actually appeals to me.

You're perfect for me :P

This was so heart warming to read

You sound like you'll be the perfect wife! I definitely want all those things in the woman I marry. Great take, I enjoyed reading!

That looks okay.

yeah! you girls say all this sweet stuff now but when the right guy comes along you dump him, and naturally do the complete opposite, then you go for players, plus you girls dont care to approach a guy you like and because of all that, these things will never happen.

Boy you're gonna be a great mother and wife. I love number 3 in a lady 👌

Awesome take

Where is someone like you in my life?

Haha no idea :P

Ooh okay! Yeah, still no clue haha xD
      PM me if you'd like?

You know, I think I might just do that.

Your take made me think of this scene from up :')

Omg I love that scene! Makes me tear up at the end tho :'(

Where do I sign up?

Cool, who ever you end up with, he'll be a very fortunate man.

1. I agree. Someone that you can let your guard down with. Goes along with #8 in my opinion.

2. YES! A gal gets it. Just hopefully it doesn't get into "a high volume discussion" because I think that is when you stop communicating.

This was a very cute MyTake but I just can't help feeling like you're a tad naive ;-). I'm by no means saying you can't achieve your dream... however, you should know that it's much tougher than what most teenagers or early 20s people think. The truth is that above all other things, long-term relationships (married or unmarried) are lots of work. It's a little bit like when you're standing next to a buddhist monk and you watch him do the finishing touches of a sand mandala. It makes you love the art piece and it makes you want to create a sand mandala of your own. Because you haven't been standing next to this monk every day for the past 6 months, it's very easy to forget how much mental and physical work have gone into this thing. So yes, long-term relationships can be really amazing and successful but only if both people are willing to constantly work on it. Many young people forget about this because they've only been in relationships for one or two years. During this "honeymoon-phase", everything seems to go well on its own. You're always happy, you're always horny etc.. However, this phase is over after 2-3 years and that's where the REAL relationship starts. This is the make-it-or-break-it moment. It's like a big speed bump in your way and most young people don't make it over it because they lack the motivation, the persistence or the ability to forgive. I'll give you a drastic but realistic example: imagine you've been married for a couple of years and your husband ends up cheating on you. Most people on this website would immediately scream: "Dump him! Dump him!" That's what weak people do. They regard relationships as material products (like a cell phone or a TV) and if there's a big scratch in it, they just throw it in the bin. However, succeeding in a marriage or long-term relationship includes getting past these kind of tough situations together and believe that better times will come again if you're willing to work on things. Remember: the divorce rate is currently above 50% and only if you and your future husband are BOTH willing to fight like lions for the relationship even when you're pissed at each other or disappointed or desperate, you can make it.

Like I said, I'm not saying you can't do it. You sound like a very sweet person. But it's important to manage your expectations.

What you're saying makes complete sense, and I think this Take can definitely make me sound a tad naive, but I am definitely aware that it's not all sunshine and daisies. Thank you for your imput :)

nice! What career are u interested in btw?

Corporate stuff, unrealistic dream job would be Disney CEO, but I'll settle to be CEO for any company lol.

I enjoyed reading these and agree with all. However I believe each person has to give 100/100 of their best to a relationship. I wish more ladies hope or looked forward to being a wife as other women do. Thank you for this.

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 17

awwweee good one! its something i want

This is so heartfelt and sincere ✨💖 Every point resonates me if I ever become a confidante in the future.

I seriously don't get Number 14. I mean, not only with you but also with all my other girl friends I personally know. I guess it's different for me since I am afraid of the idea of childbirth and I somehow despise the idea of me having children.

Thank you :)
      Some people simply just don't like the idea, my friend is the same, and that's totally fine :)

Good take!

This was adorable :)

You mind if I post my own version?

• 25d

nice

// :)

I've been married 2 times it's fun.🐸

All excellent, but the second one I think is vital

I know I am weird but I don't want most of the things here but if you have that you will have a perfect life

It's not the perfect formula, you can't factor in unforseen events, and there are bound to be lots of ups and downs too, but it's a start on a good life :)

every perfect life on tv is like that, but perfect is not always the best

Is there such a thing as a perfect life anyways?

Love this! Good MyTake 😊

<3 <3
    beautiful!

__

speaking of "tacky stock images"... check out the girl mho here
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2021507-challenge-can-you-post-a-gif-of-what-you-imagine-it-ll-be-like-when

I actually made myself cry posting that, lmao... I'm one of *those*.

Thank you <3

Aww I feel you, I'm very much the same, and those photos are tacky yet still kinda awesome too.

Those are all the things I want. But won't ever get because I have a mental disorder that ruins everything in my life.

Don't sell yourself short. My best friend has a lot of mental disorders and her husband was in the military so he has ptsd and they work well together. You'll find someone. It really does just take time. I work with medicare and some people I speak with are getting engaged and they are 65 and older

@Brelee625 I'll try to be a bit more patient which is too hard :/ I feel like my life is being wasted. but I guess there is still hope for me... thank you:)

Having been married, this is alll great and all but this is not realistic. it is too storybook. Sorry to break it to you.

Fair enough, thanks for the feedback :)
      Still only a naive teenager after all lol

what if he will cheat on u lol

This was very sweet. I'm sure you'll be a great wife.

Aww this was so sweet. I can't wait to be a wife either :) I'm engaged right now and will be married in about 2 years. We just have to get things organized and save up.

Thank you :) That's awesome, I hope you have a lovely wedding and marriage when it eventually happens!

Great Take. Felt like it was written by me.

I really enjoyed
    I totally agree but I'm gonna report you for adult content😂😂😂😂