6 Reasons Why Marriage is Such a Beautiful Union

If you find the right person, marriage is one of the most satisfying and beautiful unions that exists today. Marriage makes you selfless and gives you a reason to better yourself as a person.

No two people are exactly the same and this is where conflicts arise (in every relationship) so of course, there will be plenty of arguments and differences, but you'll end up compromising since you love your spouse.

I would do anything for my spouse, I love him more than myself and value his needs/beliefs even though I may not agree with it.

If you're thinking about popping that question or saying "I do," do it, and here are some reasons why I think marriage is beautiful:

1. It's a secure relationship

You both agreed to this sacred relationship and vowed to be with one another no matter what. You become vulnerable; your partner sees your weaknesses, your flaws, your partner sees you when you fail and when you succeed, your partner sees you at your weakest and your strongest. And they're there with you through it all. You'll always have support. You'll always have that one person who will be there for you.

That's beautiful.

2. It makes you a better person

As soon as I got married, I changed a lot. I started becoming less selfish and started understanding that there's someone else who I share my life with. I put his needs before mine and strove everyday to become a better version of me, for him. I learned how to cook for him and to do the things that he likes in order to keep him happy. When you love someone, truly, you do things voluntarily to make them happy. He made me a better person in every aspect.

3. You'll always have a cheerleader

No matter what, your spouse will always be your number one cheerleader. They'll support you even if the entire world is against you and knowing that is a great feeling. Knowing you'll never be alone and that someone will always be beside you is amazing.

4. You will always be loved unconditionally

Everyone has their flaws and ugly sides, but your spouse will love you through it all. You fight, scream, cry, but you get over it because you love each other. Even your ugliest of sides won't change the way that your spouse looks at you. Rather, it makes your love grow and blossom. Sometimes, when you're feeling your ugliest, your spouse will make you feel beautiful.

5. Faith, loyalty, and trust

I tell my spouse everything and he tells me everything, too. I love waking up next to him, seeing that beautiful face, and knowing that I'm so lucky to know every inch of him that other people wished that they know. You feel like you've become one with this person and love them more. You can trust your spouse with everything and depend on them to be loyal and faithful no matter what.

if you were to put my spouse in a room full of attractive women, I would trust him.

6. A secure family, household, and relationship

It's great knowing that your spouse will stand by you no matter what. Marriage isn't a relationship that most people easily walk out of; it's a huge commitment. It's a great feeling knowing that you can go home to your spouse, to a secure household, and that one day, you'll raise kids in a secure home.

Marriage is beautiful. It's underrated, but to me, one of the best relationships that you can have. I could keep going about why it's so beautiful and why you should consider it but my hands are tired!

Hope you got something from this myTake.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 28

If a girl is loyal and loves you, she will stick with you married or not. If she is not loyal being married is just so she can threaten divorce after any argument.

Thing is, marriage today is for women. It offers men nothing but added risk and liability.

This guy gets it.

Other than the first sentence. Women don't love men, they love the things they can get from men. But that last part is spot-on.

@Barrabus_the_Free Hmm women can love you. They aren't all about things. But for a woman to feel that strongly you need to be able to make her soak herself.

The fact is marriage by itself is amazing, it is beautiful. But another fact is some people make marriage look ugly.

Personally I think many people rush into marriage, people marry in the 1 year mark or less. But I think it should be at least 2 years before marriage is decided.

I'd love to find a perfect woman (not 10/10 looking or a "perfect" personality... but someone who fits with me) I could have for the rest of my life. Unfortunately
    1) Those don't exist mostly
    2) People change
    3) Marriage gives women too much power and I've worked way too hard to earn what I've earned.

LMMFAO!!!

No. Just no. Every one of those things is absolute rubbish.

Sorry you're hurt

Actually
      There is.

Well then, feel free to share your sleeping bag with a venomous serpent. Personally, my sleeping area will remain cobra-free.

Yes marriage is a beautiful union. Sadly, western women and the government have destroyed it.

Lovely take but it is my belief, you can get that with cohabitation - If your belief in marriage is strong, great but if it is not, it is just a piece of paper to you - It is like my view on a lot of things, if it works for you , go for it.

Yeah, I just feel like people take eachother and the relationship more seriously when they're actually married and work harder since it is "the next step" and you can't easily walk out

I've been married 24 years. God answered my prayers for the right Christian wife.

My advice to Men, pray for the right wife. Marrying the wrong woman is dangerous for your assets and your life.

Marriage is absolutely dangerous for Men. Over the years, I have spoken to divorced Men. Some of the stories are beyond horrible. I know one Man that went to jail for 6 months because he couldn't afford to pay child support. He wanted to pay child support but could not. No money!

Women have a HUGE WALL (divorce, false domestic violence, etc.) to overcome with Men. Women have all the legal power in a Marriage. The risks outweigh the rewards. Women are going to have demonstrate TRUST, VIRTUES AND VALUES to the Man she wants to marry. Women need to understand that there is no real benefit for Men to be married. He can get companionship, sex and children outside of marriage. You should get married if you both want to have children. Marriage is the best environment to raise children.

What are some ways your wife was a good woman? I need advice :)
      Thanks

We argue a lot

You want to be a good wife and you argue a lot. Need A LOT MORE detail. I bet your story is quite long..."a wall of text."

Marriage is NOT Such a Beautiful Union. That is boring. When there is a lot of girls, why do we have to stick to one girl?

Because you love her and the lots of girls don't give a shit about you

I mean I don't understand the point of sticking to one person while there are a lot of them. It sounds so boring. I would be bored of the same person.

You said lots of girls don't give a shit about me. Is it because I am not handsome?

I believe that all of these can be had in a committed relationship without marrying. I don't want marriage personally, but I would still share trust, loyalty, a deep emotional bond and of course, unconditional, undying love with my partner. Love is what is important in my opinion, not marriage.

I think marriage is about religion and a legal contract instead of love. Also, marriage usually comes with kids, which I personally do not want. I just want it to be me and my girl forever.

pretty sappy, and outdated.

It's an expensive tradition and nothing more.

All entirely different perspectives and perceptions, because it doesn't always apply to every person in this world. Each to their own.

Even then, marriage is still not absolutely for every single person or human being on this planet. For those that are not already married, marry if you really want to take your chances and willing to risk everything associated with it, because it's not a simple and easy thing to do and get done, if you think it's a set it and forget it process, then it's a surefire way to fail eventually because that would be the wrong mindset to begin with.

Rather instead, it's an ongoing process that BOTH parties MUST work together in order for a marriage to work successfully. And BOTH parties must never give up no matter what; never give up not on each other. But sometimes people will want to call it quits, and then there's nothing you can really do about it. Sometimes One person will want to drop out and call it quits while the other person tried really really hard to keep the marriage together and still going, but the other person just don't care to try any more and had lost the desire, will, or determination or passion to continue, and there's not more you can do about it because you can NOT stop nor can you CONTROL change, as people CAN and WILL change sometimes, and it does NOT necessarily mean they will change for good or for the better.

I think for those that really want a family and having children of their own should really take their chances with marriage. But for those that know for certain they don't want children ever and can't agree with having children of their own, there's really not much point in taking their chances with marriage.

Although it's not impossible, but then they need to find someone else with the same mindset and goals also otherwise it will never work if one party absolutely wants children and the other absolutely does not want any children. If all does go well then they'll become a "Dual Income No Kids" type of couple.

1. Myth, 50% of first time marriages end in divorce with the woman filling for it 70% of the time because she's "dissatisfied".

2. Myth. This is something an individual chooses to do, being married is not a required factor.

3. Not everyone is like this or wants this... very subjective.

4. Myth. The divorce rate skyrocketed when the "mansession" hit in 2008, women were eager to dump their husbands by the millions because money got a little tight for the short term.

5. This is what everyone wants when they get married but far less than half actually get it.

6. Myth. Security is an illusion, especially in a marriage if your a man.

It's shitty but that's just how it is, maybe one day it won't be like this but as things are now getting married is a SHITTY thing to do if you happen to be a straight man.

Merrage is a bad idea for men. Very bad risk.

Not if you end up with the right woman ;)

The problem is people change.

I was with the right woman for 14 years.
      We were the couple that everyone admired.
      Then suddenly she questioned her feelings, wanted to find herself, and damaged the marriage. I am the type that would have worked through anything, but she destroyed the marraige, started dating a rich guy and by the time she realized what she had thrown away it was too late.

You may be the type to work through anything but after years your so may change or not work as hard for it. Nobody can foresee someone changing so drastically.
      In the end I lost everything.

Well, my honest opinion is that most couples nowadays take marriage as an achievment and not really what it's meant to be. Some are even forced to marry due to their family pressure or seeing friend couples getting married, etc etc... If you indeed find the right person where you can have a great union of love, compassion and support for each other, there's no need to reasure the world of that..."WE ARE MARRIED!" My cousin has not married, still he lives with his girlfriend for 13 years! And they have 2 kids! Even tho some family menbers say they should get married, they won't... Simply because they don't need marriage :)

And I'm not hating against marriage. But in my eyes and many others, marriage is not the thing that will make your relationship stronger if you already have a quite strong one.

You can already have a strong relationship, true, but I feel like marriage takes it to the next level and both partners really commit at a different level
      :) but I understand what you're saying

Well they may now have something on papper reasuring that :P

7. Clean up ex husbands bank account if marrriage fails

I should not have laughed at this.

@Afrochick

It was indeed funny... but look at all those downvotes!

You only get the downvotes because women don't like when the truth is spoken. It might make a man somewhere think twice about wifing some chick up, and they DO NOT like that idea one little bit.

You have given only 6 reasons but there could be a thousand reasons why marriage is good. i agree with all your reasons. Well done. People need to be convinced that marriage is a beautiful relationship. Marriage should be for life.

You don't need to get married to have these.
    Unless they're religious and need god's blessing, this is why people get married:
    Women: Fear of losing their good looks as they age and ending up alone, with marriage it's hard for the guy to leave her and if he does at least she gets to bleed him dry.
    Men: Things aren't going well in the relationship and he needs to do something to show he still loves her. (Really bad move, if things are going bad it's better to break up)

Marriage enhances these :)

This is false.

If we didn't live in a community where people put so much emphasis on marriage and make it seem important then you'd have all these just as much without marriage. Someone like me who doesn't feel the need to be married can have all these things just as much without that piece of paper.

Can't you have all these things without getting married?

You can but some will never acknowledge it. It's like an illusion they need, you know?

@redeyemindtricks This is separate to my previous statement. :)
      I'm talking about everything that comes with being legally married. To me, it's unnecessary and the law should stay out of it.

@redeyemindtricks You're essentially implying to take the vow of being together with your partner (ritual making) by saying "I do" every day. But guess what? You can be not married and still be there for your partner.

Marriages are not invincible and they make no relationship as such. In my opinion we humans have gone too far with it so much, that we forgot the essential importance of the actual roots, that drew couples together and are holding it together.

Just like fixing a broken pipe. You can use duct tapes to fix them or weld them together. Welding them makes both parts sturdier but they aren't unbreakable, however you might damage the pipes further if welded sloppy.

If relationships are going to an end then it's meant to be that way and it's natural. Let things happen because everything happens for a reason.
      And so will my break ups with any girl, who NEEDS to get married.

Or did I miss something?

Er... no. Marriage belongs in a patriarchal society. I don't think guys want to commit anymore to women. Not worth the effort. Women like to control men and women used to be nice to us... but now, women in the west are just not worth it. Marriage is dead to me

I'm very nice to my husband and very traditional
      You need to find the right woman.

"used to be nice to us" lol

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 14

Lovely Take :)

There is so much negativity about marriage on this site, this was refreshing to read!

I agree with basically all of it. I am happy I have found my partner and look forward to eventually formalizing it in front of friends and family.

Everyone on this website loves to hate on marriage.
    I however would love to marry my boyfriend one day. ❤️ He stresses that he wants to marry me as well.

Be prepared for the insurge of users who LOVE to hate on marriage!
    Nice take!

• 7d

3Good post

MARRIAGE IS NOT JUST A PIECE OF PAPER LADIES <3

Love this, beautiful MyTake 😊❤

Yeah, in a perfect marriage...

I agree. I know I will get married some days 😍

It is beautiful and all of that is true when you find the right person who loves you same :)

Yes-my boyfriend and I have been discussing engagement. I know he's the right person to settle down with, be able to trust and rely on and love me. I'm trying to shape up and be better for him. Just the thought makes you want to be better.
    Marriage is special, for a lot of people, and it will always be something I see in a positive light. It's something to be cherished. :) and your partner is like an investment, you're going to be giving them time, energy, money, so many resources, most importantly, your heart-like you said, it's about the right one really.

So you're just going to ignore the fact that divorce and infidelity exist?

I said if you pick the right person.

But there's know way to know who the right person is. You could be married for years and then find out that they'te cheating on you.

Lots of pathetic losers on this site so be ready for all the negative comments.

Glad you're happy in your marriage.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Personally I don't believe in marriage and it's not for me but to each their own.

Wow, you live in fantasy land.