What qualities do you look for in a spouse?

I don't mean physical, but personality wise.
Knowing yourself and how you are in a relationship. What are the top qualities that they must have in order for them get along with you?

To illustrate, I'm a needy girl. I require my guy to send me some "I'm missing you" messages once in a while when he's away. So I need someone that will reassure me that he still loves me once in a while.
Also, I tend to let my insecurities get the best of me at times. I can go all emotional. So I need someone with patience that will calm me down and let me know that everything will be fine because he'll always be here by my side. Along with other things, I suppose those are harder to find. That's why he'll be my treasure.

Most Helpful Girl

• ~Caring: I'm a pretty caring person myself and want someone who is the same and who will show me he cares for me.
    ~Intelligence: Well this is kind of self explanatory. I need someone who can stimulate me mentally with their conversations.
    ~Ambition: I can't stand lazy men and need a man who has the drive to be successful and who wants to accomplish more and life.
    ~Affectionate: I love cuddles and need physical affection to feel happy and secure.
    ~Similar interests: I prefer a partner who is the same as me than a partner who is totally opposite. Call me boring but I'd rather have someone who has things in common with me and likes the same things. It makes life a bit more easier.
    ~Faithful: Obviously I need a man who is faithful. I'd always be 100% faithful towards my partner and expect the same.
    ~Consistency: I need to know that the man I marry is going to be the same man tomorrow and the same man in 2 years time. I can't stand people who's personalities change all the time. I need stability.

What Guys Said 12

• She needs to be able to cook, clean and be good or at least average with children ( keep in mind I believe the cooking cleaning and child rearing should be a 50/50 responsibility so I would help out with that stuff ) and I like a women who compliments my own personality which is driven but very laid back not lazy laid back just relaxed I'm called the zen man for a reason. I don't mind a girl being a little needy a lot is a problem though and I like kind and caring women with good hearts more like my ma she is one heck of a gal.

• Sensitive among anything else, Open (to anything from sex to travel, her feelings, her problems etc..), Kind to others, Dependent on me to some degree (I like being there to make her problems and worries fade), Affectionate is also highly valued, Compassionate in that she shows care in my life and things that are going on with me, Intelligent in that I could talk to her about things I learn about/interest me (and I enjoy learning/being challenged mentally constantly) and to live a healthy lifestyle since I also do the same. Idc if she goes to the gym as long as she has some physical activity that keeps her in shape and eats/lives healthy. I'm not going to bother to mention trustworthy because if she's all of the above I think it's safe enough to assume she won't cheat on you.

• I could list out a bunch of super important factors, but really as long as we love each other for our real and true selves, then the rest will work itself out.

• someone who believes in trust, honesty, communication and respect, who will stand by me through thick and thin, someone who is loving, and supportive.

• Wow you are troublesome to be my Gf.lol.
    Based in my character, she must give me a space during my working hours but it's not bad to text me and ask me if im ok 2-3 text/ day is good enough for me.i dont want my gf to spent most of her time to me, so she must have her own life and activities. Of course She must trust me for everything and ill do the rest for her.

• Fair enough

• Awh! I rarely get flowers! I remember I bought or made lunch for an ex of mine. I kept him pretty fluffy xD haha

• well my advice is.look for a guy who constantly surprised u in different ways.like sending you a flower to your work.Dropping by the balloons with cake in your room and saying "you made my day" or calling you one day saying "hey hon, pack up your clothes we will go to a cool place".lol.women love surprises.

• She needs to be smart, funny, honest, adventurous, and compassionate.

A bonus would be if she could read me well.

• responsible, smart, potential to be a good mother, able to stand on her own to feet, but needs me and is comfortable being taken care of protected or relying on me

• So you want her to be independent with your kids but dependent when it comes to you? :o

• No, I don't want to have to treat her like a child she should be an adult, but I don't need one of those girls that "don't need a man" cause a wife should be spoiled at times and always taken care of, I need her to be a mother and I'll be the FATHER, but I shouldn't have to be a single dad, children need both their parents, (she can't hate/not want kids)

• Ah, got ya (:

• Someone genuine who knows what love really is. Someone who through the difficult times is always beside you. Romance, affection, supportive and just lovely. Don't think she exists though ):- xx

• Needy is hot!

• Honest, open to me about how she's feeling, adventuress and knows how to cook.

• How well do you take honesty?

• Are you an adrenaline junky? Haha

• Somewhat yeah.

• Trustworthy trustworthy trustworthy honest honest honest consistent consistent consistent...caring

• You want a girl that is down to earth?

• A down to earth girl for me, is a girl that is genuine and honest. Someone that doesn't like playing games. Straightforward too.

• Then that is what appeals to me..no need for this immature game playing. yes genuine and honest sounds wonderful..They won't burn me. =)

• Someone who regularly shows that she cares about me and loves me. Because I'm such a needy guy. :(

A girl who is witty and open to ideas. My mom was terribly close-minded and stubborn and I never want to experience that in my marriage.

A girl who cares about the family, and can be sweet and stern as necessary.

And finally, someone I can just drag to the living room and watch anime with. Or throw her a Wii and we game together.

Okay the last point is somewhat a bonus point that's not a requirement, but my girl spoiled me so I'm throwing that trait in too lol.

• This is what my girl wrote on her Facebook years before she met me, so I'll just put it up here too:

* someone who is her best friend
      * shares the same hobbies as her
      * is always there for her
      * is nice and sweet and considerate to all people
      * doesn't need to be muscular or anything, but has at least a nice tan
      * is smart and knows how to make her laugh
      * doesn't smoke or drink

I don't meet all "requirements" by the way. lol.

What Girls Said 12

• cute and gentle nature, sweet, romantic in a mild way, affectionate, loyal, devoted, patient, thoughtful and boyish (in a good way)

• I need someone who is patient, can comfort me in times of need, and can understand and like my quirkiness :)

• I would want to marry a guy who is capable of showing emotion and talking about feelings. I know that sounds cheesy but I grew up with a father that was stoic and didn't discuss how he felt even when tragedy struck.
    I'd also want a husband who wants children and is good with them. One who is supportive and secure financially and otherwise.
    Also someone who can always make me laugh, that's really important.

• Honesty and being able to compromise

• Trustworthiness, loyalty, commitment, perseverance, patience, a sense of humour, caring, and a high sex drive.

• Trustworthiness, a sense of humour, caring, patience, respectful, punctual and hard working :D

• Honesty, independent, kind, respectful, funny, patient, I also like a sensitive side

• Someone smart, kind, funny, and most of all pious.

• Humour
    Loyalty
    Not party animal
    Kind
    Respectful

• he has to be smart, trustworthy, has a sense of humor of course and respectful

• Not do drugs don't smoke may drink not out of hand has to be a great dad take care of my kids plus offer to help around the house sometimes spoil me at times must let me work. Be considerate
    Respect me treat me right
    Play a sport try to be in shape lol
    Make love to me and buy me gifts

• alcohol is a drug so there goes your first part about not doing drugs.

• @biggie90

• Ha ok

• Loyalty, kindness, dignity, respect, charisma, humor etc. Normal things.

• What will be he's best quality that will be hard to find?

• Definitely loyalty. I believe that is hard to find on a society where people cheat and treat each other like they are expendable and easily replaced.