In the olden days, marriage was about joining houses and getting STUFF like land or sheep or moo cows. What would you want?

I would go very very hard for serious acreage that has huntable animals on it like boar or deer.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• Marriage for me would just being with the person I love and want to spend my life with. I would like to live on a couple of acres where I could grow my own food and shoot a gun without any neighbors. because I am a health freak it would be cool to have a outdoor gym (boot camp style).

• Well I am already married and I have kids, which is what I wanted but yes to the acreage. We live right smack dab in the centre of town and it would be awesome to have a bit of land. I would build my dream house on it and have an outdoor pool with attached hot tub and lots of trees surrounding it. I am hoping all this comes true one day haha. My husband loves to hunt and fish so he def wants the land as well.

• How did you guys meet anyway? Is he from BC too?

• Yes he is. From the same town as me. (For the most part) His sister was my best friend at the time lol.

• Coooool. It's like you brought a piece of home with you. A sexy piece.

• A Revolution.

• I never explicitly said we were back in that age :P

So serious :P

• "Back in _olden_ days" and "What _would_ you want." Gave me the distinct impression you were purposefully using past tense, to refer to a past period in history ;p

Very well. If we are talking modern day, id take a shit load of land and build a retreat for lost animas and people in need.

• my grandma married a guy who owned several hectares of land. too bad the second wife squandered it.

i'd want a series of upscale boutiques and serious acreage as well. preferably arable with a lake thrown in since my bf enjoys fish.

• I just want a man who will love me for me and fulfill our dreams together.

• i wouldn't want marriage but if one day i settle down, i would want a marriage that is till death do us apart...:)

• In the Pakistani culture, marriage is still about two families joining together and giving the bride a dowry, which can be given in money, clothes, or property. But it's usually money. To answer your question, I would want a nice lake house.

• I guess haha.

• Phew... Shukar heh... It ended up without disagreement.

• I need a man LOL

• Apple trees, lakefront and maybe a few goats...

What Guys Said 3

• More wives

• There slim to no advantages for marriage.

It's more to please the woman.

• I was told in other countries outside the USA families would have you save up to buy land by living with them. Then when you get married you take that money buy land and the families come together and build a house on it

Back in the olden days Women were married off because other than joining families women were able to make Sons. Something very well needed when it came to handling farm work, hunting and so on.