How do you know when the person you're with is the one you want to marry? And how do you know when you're ready for marriage?

When answering if you could let me know if you've ever been engaged or married and how that worked out, too, I'd appreciate it.

Most Helpful Girl

• When me and my husband got together he knew he wanted to get married early in the relationship, we talked about it a lot. When we got together I was dealing with some stuff and didn't know what I wanted, after about six months of being together he couldn't deal with it anymore and we broke up (for a whole 24 hours) when that happen I was lost I didn't know what to do that was when I realized that I loved him and did want more. I think when we had that little break up it made both of us really know that we was suppose to be together and that meant marriage and kids lol. Even from the start we was together just about everyday, and we do everything together now. We don't fight or anything like that, it's like if we aren't together we don't know how to really function. Sure he goes and does things with his buddies and I go an do things with my friends, you just gotta have your girl/guy time and that fine. You just know and feel it when you are with right person, you basically become one. It's one of the greatest feelings ever :)

What Guys Said 1

• My wife and I did not meet, we recognized each other, and from that moment we have behaved as ancient lovers reincarnated and destined to meet in the present. We are bi-cultural but share one opinion on every topic imaginable, and there is no topic too salacious or taboo for protracted conversation. Those rare arguments we have do not raise my blood pressure or emotions, and our conversation can slide right into the next subject.

The closest thing to a magic moment for me was when she bent over to get something from the car and gave me a thrilling view of her ass and the back of her thighs. Um-mmm! The sex is superb too, for that is why couples get together, isn't it?

So, to summarize, there is no magic moment, just a calm acknowledgment that this person belongs to you alone.

• This is good stuff. I totally believe in the calm. It happened and you were both being who you are. Have a great life.

What Girls Said 1

• Right now I am engaged. We have been together for 2 1/2 years and have been living together for quite some time. I know this isn't romantic or anything but one night while we were talking in bed we just decided it was time for us to be married, and take the next step in our relationship. If you are wondering if he is ready, I wouldn't push the subject just have a conversation like 2 human beings. Feel eachother out on where you stand. It's kind of hard to explain but you just know.