Ladies and Getnts, Do you think cheating makes a marriage last longer?

NO im not married
and NO im not cheating on anyone lol.

I've just heard someone say this before, he was such a sleeze ball for saying that...

why do you think that is, what would make someone think this?

"Gents"

Most Helpful Guy

• In some situations, I can see how that happened. However, just because the marriage last longer doesn't mean that's a good thing. One partner could want a divorce, but they either don't want to go through the process of divorce or they don't have it in them to break the news to their S.O. so they end up cheating. By doing this they keep the marriage going longer than it would've had that person just got the divorce from the start. For the partner that was cheated on, this is a bad way for the marriage to last longer because they are faithful and could've spend all that time looking for a new partner. Instead, since they are being cheated on, they are stuck in a relationship without knowing that their partner is being unfaithful and wasting precious time (months, years, who knows how long) that could be used being focused on someone else.

So, in that sense, it can make the marriage last longer, but it lasting longer isn't always a positive.

What Guys Said 6

• Not in worthwhile condition. Sleeze ball sounds like an accurate way to describe him.

If you think committing to one person is beyond something you could ever handle, then just tell your partner upfront and maybe you two can enjoy a long happy swinger lifestyle together if she is one of those "poly-amorous" people I always seem to run into all the time.

Personally I have no interest in this; I love the idea of two people there for just one another, and I would never cheat on my wife and hopefully she would have the decency to return the favor.

• I can see that to a point because instead of one partner wanting divorce due to not being sexually satisfied...
    ...
    ...
    ...the person stays in the marriage, gets some sexual play on the side, not get found out for awhile, and extend the marriage (until the cheating gets found out).

• ya i can see this scenario playing out. its sad how people can do this. i dont agree with cheating what so ever

• Neither do I

• No, it doesn't. Cheating doesn't help anything. This guy and/or his wife or girlfriend was probably just making excuses.

• Nope that's the reason why the divorce rate in the United States is a whopping 50% because of cheating mainly.

• Cheating actually rates pretty low on the list of reasons for divorce.
      The biggest reason always comes down to partners who don't show appreciation toward the other partner.One takes the other for granted, and someone ends up resenting it.From there, it just gets worse.

• Maybe in Australia but cheating is out of control here in the U.S

• Nothing could be further from the truth. Firstly, most marriages end as soon as one partner discovers their spouse has cheated. Secondly, cheating is a symptom of a bigger problem, which means the marriage is already in trouble.

• I think if a couple has decided that cheating doesn't equate to immediate divorce.. then they will last longer.

• i just dont understand why people would stay together even after they clearly dont love each other that much. i guess marriage really isn't about love its just about stability.

• @ terryrocks yeah its dispicable how people are.
      i wouldn't be able to look my husband in the eyes without feeling like total shit. cheating is the biggest deal breaker for me.

• Kids...

What Girls Said 3

• People who think so cheat without their partners consent most of the times. I think if the other spouse doesn't find out then the marriage will last longer but i think it's a total bullshit.

• It will take the process longer. I believe if something is broken, it is broken. It will reveal itself maybe later, that is all.

• i knew a guy who cheated on his partner and still married her.
      poor girl

• yes the sad part is he talks badly about her to us.
      calls her ugly...
      he's nuts for marrying her lol

• He doesn't respect her any more, because she accepted him

• No it breaks the marriage, without trust there isn't much left