Should I attend wedding of old family friends?

I was invited with my mother to a wedding of the son of our old family friends. I was close with their daughter when I was young and we use to vacation with them. Its been more than five years since I saw them but I am Facebook friends with some if the family members. I am conflicted if I should go because one I am not a very social person and I don't know if I would be out of place since I haven't seen then in a long time and feel like I don't really know these people. Two the wedding is out of state for me. I think the main problem is that I feel I am not close enough to family to attend wedding but I would attend because we had a history together and it would be formality. Advice on if I should attend?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• yes you should attend the wedding since you know those person even if you haven't meet them since ages